Plastic bag ban, don't let this insanity happen to you

We have something similar in D.C. People have taken to bringing their own "durable" shopping bags to the grocery store. Many places gave away such bags when the "ban" was announced. These days one may see people toting their groceries and whatnot in all sorts of bags and bag contraptions. People pretty much use whatever they have handy that will hold whatever they want to bring home. It's really not that burdensome.

Screen%20Shot%202012-05-09%20at%205.03.54%20PM.png

walmartreusablesisg_3.jpg

o-WOMEN-DESIGNER-BAGS-facebook.jpg

506367_ruho16_jh2720.jpg

04.png

9d5d6ac585b8f25333bb4d03022ddc74--vintage-travel-vintage-bag.jpg

o-BUYING-GUIDE-facebook.jpg

77b4cf0fced80d6813de00f1889358a8--handbags-michael-kors-mk-handbags.jpg
Great, if its a choice.

I lived in California for 7 or so years, up until about a month and a half ago. The "bag ban" never really bothered me - the paper bags were better for cleaning the cat's litter box, and I didn't mind the 10 cents.

I've been back on the east coast for a month and a half, and now I'm dumbfounded by people trying to bag everything I buy, at every store.

I don't need a bag for a pack of cigarettes, or a can of soda.
Which is fine, but why insist on other people to act like you do?
Choice is your friend

It's as stupid as the light bulb ban.
Can still get my 100 watt incandescent bulbs, for freaking 9 bucks a 4 pack.
Hate the new bulbs in a cold garage.

You hate the old spiral bulbs. The new LED bulbs are cheap and almost magical. They work perfectly in your cold garage.

Even as a hardcore libertarian, a 2-cent/watt tax on incandescent bulbs seems reasonable, because so many people are just so damn stupid and won't move to massively better LEDs without a push. Yeah, an eight-dollar tax for being stupid and buying those 4-pack incandescent bulbs. I'm a libertarian, not an anarchist.
People should be able to buy whatever lightbulbs they want, The fucking federal government should have no say in the matter.

I made my own hippie bags from pillow covers for a sofa. You know, those throw pillows? Just add decorative rope and badda bing...instant bag. And I don't mind using them OR packing them myself. California tries very hard to help the environment.
Again, I say great. But choice is key, no one should be telling anyone else how to bag anything... fucking control freaks

Don't care for the LED either. Its called personal choice and preference for certain light.
If you feel smarter for your choice, good for you.

The thing is, LEDs are massively better than incandescents, and frankly, you're being irrational. If your irrationality only hurt you, that would be one thing. But, in theory, all the welfare recipients changing to LEDs saves the taxpayers tons of money, because their cost of living has dropped.

Millions of people switching to LEDs reduces air pollution and the other benefits of lower power generation.

Most people aren't rich, and buying incandescents cuts into their ability to care for their family, even if so marginally so.

Personal choice? If there was even just one tiny moral or practical reason to use incandescents, I'd agree with you. But, your only real reason is you're stubborn. You just want to use what you've used your whole life. You were talking about your garage. What's wrong? The color profile of the LED doesn't make your oil stains look nice? LED bulbs have gotten to the point where the color output is practically indistinguishable form incandescent.

Plastic bags are a convenience, but incandescent bulbs are not a convenience (in fact, LEDs are relatively very inconvenient). Banning/taxing plastic bags, on the other hand, does cause people some bother, even if small.
I don't want to tell anybody what bag or lightbulb to use only a fucking piece of shit control freak would want to do something like that...

This has been going on all over Europe for years. Doesn't seem to bother them or cause problems. You either recycle your bags or pay a dime for the new ones. People in America toss their pennies, nickels, and dimes into the donation jar or whatever that thing is you toss your change into if you don't want a pocket full of change.
We understand that all you douche bag snowflakes will claim it's not a problem. The reality is that it's a huge inconvenience, and it's counter productive. It doesn't help the environment. People use those plastic bags for other purposes, like lining the smaller waste bins in their bathrooms and home offices. People then have to buy plastic bags especially made for the purpose. Paper bags are worse environmentally than plastic bags.

Such laws are the ultimate stupidity. No wonder snowflakes support them.
You are just a lazy person who looks for things to whine and complain about. Learn how to be a responsible man or even just an ordinary man.
:lmao:
You must get a hard on from telling other people what to do with your fucked up morality:cuckoo:… Go back to your mothers basement you sorry sack of shit. :fu:

I refuse to use kiosk and self check outs for similar reasons. They want you to be the check out person and the bag boy with no discount. I'd apply for a job before I work for them for nothing.

Are you really such a brat? Do you drive to the store, like some Tax Driver? Do you clean your house, like a Maid? Do you think businesses should hire people to wipe your butt when you use their restrooms? Oh, you can't check-out yourself because that's not your job? Whatever.
I like self-checkouts because they're usually a lot faster. Win for me, while you hang out with the losers in the long checkout line. I like ordering kiosks, because they're faster and I know the order is right, while you losers whine when you discover the girl punched the wrong thing into the register.

Theoretically, the savings of people checking out themselves will be passed on. And, you get a free ride, parasite.

I think that the people who don't use the kiosks are too stupid to figure out even such simple things.

I oppose these bans.

I'd vote against them if it was up for a vote. It is against the poor that have to walk their stuff home and that is the way I grew up. It is wrong.

Paper bags break too easily and your stuff gets all over the street.

I lived in California for 7 or so years, up until about a month and a half ago. The "bag ban" never really bothered me - the paper bags were better for cleaning the cat's litter box, and I didn't mind the 10 cents.

I've been back on the east coast for a month and a half, and now I'm dumbfounded by people trying to bag everything I buy, at every store.

Choice is your friend

:lol:

I haven't 'insisted" on anything at all. I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck about how you, or anyone else "acts".

Yes, the "bag ban" is pure nonsense, and example of govt going WAY too far. Fortunately it's a state law, not Federal. So it's even constitutional, however silly.

Now, the checkers scan the crap, and just stand there. You bring your own bag, now they want YOU to bag it.
I went shopping yesterday at the local grocery store in San Diego, and brought a few bags. The checker guy put the stuff in my bag for me.

But yes, the "bag ban" is pure nonsense, and example of govt going WAY too far. Fortunately it's a state law, not Federal.

I made my own hippie bags from pillow covers for a sofa. You know, those throw pillows? Just add decorative rope and badda bing...instant bag. And I don't mind using them OR packing them myself. California tries very hard to help the environment.
Again, I say great. But choice is key, no one should be telling anyone else how to bag anything... fucking control freaks
Agreed. Choice is for each person. My choice is to do what I can to help stop overfilling of our landfills with crap that does not stay there a couple of hundred years. But again..that is MY choice.

Don't care for the LED either. Its called personal choice and preference for certain light.

The thing is, LEDs are massively better than incandescents, and frankly, you're being irrational. If your irrationality only hurt you, that would be one thing. But, in theory, all the welfare recipients changing to LEDs saves the taxpayers tons of money, because their cost of living has dropped.

Millions of people switching to LEDs reduces air pollution and the other benefits of lower power generation.

Most people aren't rich, and buying incandescents cuts into their ability to care for their family, even if so marginally so.

Personal choice? If there was even just one tiny moral or practical reason to use incandescents, I'd agree with you. But, your only real reason is you're stubborn. You just want to use what you've used your whole life. You were talking about your garage. What's wrong? The color profile of the LED doesn't make your oil stains look nice? LED bulbs have gotten to the point where the color output is practically indistinguishable form incandescent.

Plastic bags are a convenience, but incandescent bulbs are not a convenience (in fact, LEDs are relatively very inconvenient). Banning/taxing plastic bags, on the other hand, does cause people some bother, even if small.
I don't want to tell anybody what bag or lightbulb to use only a fucking piece of shit control freak would want to do something like that...

I draw the line at pollution as it effects us all.

I like choices and like capitalism in light bulbs and bags.

Choice is your friend

:lol:

I haven't 'insisted" on anything at all. I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck about how you, or anyone else "acts".
Well, keep your whatever bags to yourself, and leave the rest of us out of it. I have never believed the polar bears are drowning...
The collective makes life fucking miserable for millions…

Last edited:
Agreed. Choice is for each person. My choice is to do what I can to help stop overfilling of our landfills with crap that does not stay there a couple of hundred years. But again..that is MY choice.
Bingo!!!
Everything should be a personal choice… The collective sucks fucking ass

I get 300w, what I call barn bulbs. Works much better than any other light I have ever tried.
2900_d3449dff00fcee5dddd65b361b0a64342e1d5c2b_original.jpg

I buy them in bulk a pack of 25 for about 20 bucks

I hate those twisty curly lightbulbs. Won't use them. But the LED lights are like regular old bulbs (the light they emit)...so those..I do use.

I get 300w, what I call barn bulbs. Works much better than any other light I have ever tried.
2900_d3449dff00fcee5dddd65b361b0a64342e1d5c2b_original.jpg

I buy them in bulk a pack of 25 for about 20 bucks
Halco 401305 - 300W - PS25 Bulb - Clear - 5,000 Hours

Forum List

Back