Plantar Fasciitis....you have what?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
so far...both knees replaced...both shoulders have had shoulder reversals...this is my hubbie...he has been in recovery and rehab more in the last 8 years than not....i have been the only caretaker other than rehab people..but i digress....now its a damn heel pain...

he saw a podiatrist a couple of days ago...x ray shows no heel spur so its the ligament...he gets this boot thing to wear at night..wth? so now we cant sleep together..there is no way my diabetic feet can risk being hit by this thing...the edges are rough...i mentioned putting something over it...and taping it but so far he is just wearing it and i am sleeping on the futon...and he says it may take 9 to 12 months....if it had been a heel spur it would be easy ....cut it out...rest...this is just a bunch of pain for him...my husband is a total control freak....i dont care...i use to be bothered by it but now its like okay got this..dont even talk to me when it crashes...total control is total responsibility..so have it your way... he is mad with me for letting him be in pain with this for a month....i told him i am witch not a damn mind reader..he didnt mention being in pain till last week.

so any advice or experience with this...he goes back in three weeks....he has had to buy a pair of trainers...that is killing him...he was told to toss his sandals...and no more going barefoot...he rarely wears shoes....i had to soak his feet in those foot masks to get his nasty ass feet in shape enough to go the the podiatrist (who is also my podiatrist)

so far...both knees replaced...both shoulders have had shoulder reversals...this is my hubbie...he has been in recovery and rehab more in the last 8 years than not....i have been the only caretaker other than rehab people..but i digress....now its a damn heel pain...

he saw a podiatrist a couple of days ago...x ray shows no heel spur so its the ligament...he gets this boot thing to wear at night..wth? so now we cant sleep together..there is no way my diabetic feet can risk being hit by this thing...the edges are rough...i mentioned putting something over it...and taping it but so far he is just wearing it and i am sleeping on the futon...and he says it may take 9 to 12 months....if it had been a heel spur it would be easy ....cut it out...rest...this is just a bunch of pain for him...my husband is a total control freak....i dont care...i use to be bothered by it but now its like okay got this..dont even talk to me when it crashes...total control is total responsibility..so have it your way... he is mad with me for letting him be in pain with this for a month....i told him i am witch not a damn mind reader..he didnt mention being in pain till last week.

so any advice or experience with this...he goes back in three weeks....he has had to buy a pair of trainers...that is killing him...he was told to toss his sandals...and no more going barefoot...he rarely wears shoes....i had to soak his feet in those foot masks to get his nasty ass feet in shape enough to go the the podiatrist (who is also my podiatrist)
About 30 years ago I developed Plantar Fasciitis from jumping rope. My doctor told me to buy a pair of cowboy boots with a good sized heel. I did just that and after a few months I no longer had any pain and none since. Of course I also stopped jumping rope. I found the boots relieved most of the pain but the fact that I quit jumping rope might have helped considerably.

good article thank you but i dont see his old ass pulling up cowboy boots and then pulling them off..and i am not doing it...we are trying new balance due to the arch support...he has medium arches

I think Plantar F comes and goes with most people. I had it bad for a while, then it went away. Nothing I tried made any difference*. I wore boots, straps, and got a shot. Did nothing. It just went away over time.

* However, my podiatrist recommended that I buy some Oofo's sandals. Pain evaporated when I was wearing them. That was ten years ago, and the Oofo's (I think that's the way it's spelled) are still the most comfortable things I can put on my feet.

New Topics

Forum List

Back