Planned Parenthood receives record amount of Fed support. $542 Million.

With all the Women's Health Clinics being closed in Red States, I say we give Planned Parenthood $500 Billion so they can open clinics at every state line and mobile clinics that make trips to high schools and junior colleges delivering crates of Plan B.

I'm for drive-thu abortion clinics.

I believe this is a conservative stance. If we can not feed a child, provide proper care, and if we don't have enough jobs for 8% of our population -- why would we bring more children into the world?

Conservatism means safe and sensible. Logical economics. Allowing poor women to terminate their pregnancy makes conservative sense.

The belief that every baby should just be born and we'll figure out how to care for them and maintain them for a lifetime is a fantasy -- which, IMO, is liberal overly compassionate thinking. Every life is sacred is liberal thinking -- not mature grown up conservatism.

Dear Hazlnut:
None of what you said holds the men accountable who are half responsible for the pregnancy. Until we address the sexual abuse and relationship abuse that is both people's responsibility in having sex without ability and agreement to support children if pregnancy occurs as a result, you can argue in circles about the consequences in terms of women and babies after the fact, and never address or solve the CAUSE of the problem.

As long as the focus is on the women, the policies and laws are going to be biased and you will always have political conflict.

The solutions have to come from the private sector, and thus remain OUTSIDE GOVT.

That IS a more CONSERVATIVE approach to keep government and politics out of it.

If you take the bible and religion out of it, and deal solely with the numbers, this is what's left:

1) Abstinence only education approach is a proven failure -- people will always have sex even when they know they are acting irresponsibly or against the wishes of their caretakers -- just like Adam and Eve.

2) an abortion procedure costs us nothing compared to a lifetime of welfare or prison housing. Unwanted children end up in the juvenile justice system and then the adult justice system -- costing us hundreds of thousands if not millions per habitual offender / repeat offender.
You're mixing abortions and government funding abortions. What I said, and meant, is that you don't teach personal responsibility by taking people's personal responsibility away from them. There is nothing conservative about going in and saying wow, you didn't keep your legs together, you didn't use birth control, now you don't want the baby? Well, government will take care of that for you...

Government should serve the greater good. It's in the national interest that less unwanted children are born each year. It's in my interests that over several generations, welfare rolls shrink along with prison populations. Then I get to keep more of my income. That can be accomplished through abortion on demand fully funded by government.

Call it population control -- but that has a negative connotation. I'm thinking of the millions of underclass unwanted children who are horribly abused and neglected. If the DCS only had to deal with a manageable number of abuse cases, working class parents who are not in so much despair that they repeatedly turn to drugs -- child abuse in America could be drastically reduced along with welfare rolls and prison budgets. So, as you see, population control has many positive aspects to it.

And think about this:

Case A - poor high-school dropout with 4 kids.

Case B - poor high-school dropout

Which case is more likely to have the energy to work a job, save money, and go to a jc to get their GED?

Look at all the problems abortion on demand would solve? If you are truly sick of the leech class of disenfranchised people who don't try to better themselves by having a work ethic and the energy/motivation to work low wage jobs until their situation improves -- if you really want that class of people to shrink, then abortion on demand is the surest way.

Think about this:

Case A - Poor father who doesn't make enough to feed his kids and relies on food stamps.

Case B - poor 22 y.o. with no responsibilities other than providing for himself -- therefore needs minimal government assistance if any.

Who is more likely to to be so demoralized that drugs offer an easy escape from reality?

Government should serve the greater good. It's in the national interest that less unwanted children are born each year. It's in my interests that over several generations, welfare rolls shrink along with prison populations. Then I get to keep more of my income. That can be accomplished through abortion on demand fully funded by government.

Better yet, it could be funded by people who want to fund abortions funding it.

With all the Women's Health Clinics being closed in Red States, I say we give Planned Parenthood $500 Billion so they can open clinics at every state line and mobile clinics that make trips to high schools and junior colleges delivering crates of Plan B.

I believe this is a conservative stance. If we can not feed a child, provide proper care, and if we don't have enough jobs for 8% of our population -- why would we bring more children into the world?

Conservatism means safe and sensible. Logical economics. Allowing poor women to terminate their pregnancy makes conservative sense.

The belief that every baby should just be born and we'll figure out how to care for them and maintain them for a lifetime is a fantasy -- which, IMO, is liberal overly compassionate thinking. Every life is sacred is liberal thinking -- not mature grown up conservatism.

In short: Blackmail. hazlnut's taking hostages.

"Pay for my kid or I will kill it!"

In short: Blackmail. hazlnut's taking hostages.

"Pay for my kid or I will kill it!"

You have that backwards. The argument is kill my kid or I'll make you pay for it.

Dear Hazlnut:
None of what you said holds the men accountable who are half responsible for the pregnancy. Until we address the sexual abuse and relationship abuse that is both people's responsibility in having sex without ability and agreement to support children if pregnancy occurs as a result, you can argue in circles about the consequences in terms of women and babies after the fact, and never address or solve the CAUSE of the problem.

As long as the focus is on the women, the policies and laws are going to be biased and you will always have political conflict.

The solutions have to come from the private sector, and thus remain OUTSIDE GOVT.

That IS a more CONSERVATIVE approach to keep government and politics out of it.

I agree, it's unfair that men get to have sex and never worry about getting pregnant themselves. But that's how we're made. And, as a conservative and practical thinker I must deal with reality and offer solutions that address the situation in a realistic way.

Once a girl becomes pregnant, which they often do when having sex with willing boys, there is no medical treatment for the boy that will end the pregnancy. I think any conversation that starts with stopping people from having sex is a no go. Teaching responsible sex is the only approach. But Catholic and other Christian faiths are against this because it means accepting sex before marriage as a reality of life.

Now, a private company may develop a way to test at risk youth and boys in juvenile detention for the genetic markers indicating low ambition and impulse control and those boys could be chemically neutered which would prevent them from ever fathering children. Of course these boys would become very popular among women who wish to enjoy sex and never get pregnant. A win-win.

Perhaps we could offer incentives to the first pharma company that develops a reversible chemical castration pill. Boys could take it at the onset of adolescence then the reverse pill when they are married and established in a job -- all purely voluntary.

The only solutions are the realistic ones and that means accepting that men and women, boys and girls will have sex.

I think in lower classes when they have less prospects and less to live for, sex becomes an outlet, an escape, a single moment of pleasure. Certainly sex while using drugs and alcohol can become this. And for girls in poorer sects, having a baby is a means to feeling like life has purpose -- they have a new seemingly important identity -- mother.

Teaching this women that the only way out is through education and not motherhood, offering them free medical treatment to keep them from following into the same rut their own mothers did.

In addition, funding abortion with taxpayer money isn't conservative either.

Your statement is false.

Funding abortions is not in line with what "Religious Conservatives" believe-- like many of their beliefs, they are contrary to the notion of a true conservative thinker.

But take liberal religion and liberal-minded fantasy thinking out of it and deal strictly with the economics of poverty and unwanted children and a REAL conservative knows that fully funding every abortion is pragmatic and sensible.

Even more far left propaganda!

Explain. How is what I said "propaganda"?

Think about what the words conservative and liberal mean, not as our U.S. political parties, but what do they mean in a straightforward way.

Purely Conservative thinking doesn't consider emotion, just the numbers. Just the facts. Just the solutions.

Liberal thinking is more open to emotion and ideas based on non-logical belief systems like religion -- thinking outside the box.

My position is that we misuse and abuse those words.

Think about what the words conservative and liberal mean, not as our U.S. political parties, but what do they mean in a straightforward way.

Conservatism is about personal responsibility, and modern liberalism is about abdication of personal responsibility. You're arguing for the latter, which is liberalism, not conservatism.

Furthermore, you're backing it up with the argument that the child if not aborted is the financial responsibility of the government, which again is liberalism, not conservatism.

And you're arguing that it be funded with forcibly confiscated money. Again, verdict? Liberalism, not conservatism.

Whenever there's a reality that is uncomfortable, the left either calls any reference to it "hate speech" or "emotionalism", depending upon whether or not they think they can play for making it a crime to dare to utter the unpleasant truth.

Conservatism is about personal responsibility, and modern liberalism is about abdication of personal responsibility. You're arguing for the latter, which is liberalism, not conservatism.

This!

Furthermore, you're backing it up with the argument that the child if not aborted is the financial responsibility of the government, which again is liberalism, not conservatism.

And this!

And you're arguing that it be funded with forcibly confiscated money. Again, verdict? Liberalism, not conservatism.

And this!

Outta the park!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
If you take the bible and religion out of it, and deal solely with the numbers, this is what's left:

1) Abstinence only education approach is a proven failure -- people will always have sex even when they know they are acting irresponsibly or against the wishes of their caretakers -- just like Adam and Eve.

2) an abortion procedure costs us nothing compared to a lifetime of welfare or prison housing. Unwanted children end up in the juvenile justice system and then the adult justice system -- costing us hundreds of thousands if not millions per habitual offender / repeat offender.
You're mixing abortions and government funding abortions. What I said, and meant, is that you don't teach personal responsibility by taking people's personal responsibility away from them. There is nothing conservative about going in and saying wow, you didn't keep your legs together, you didn't use birth control, now you don't want the baby? Well, government will take care of that for you...

Call it population control -- but that has a negative connotation. I'm thinking of the millions of underclass unwanted children who are horribly abused and neglected. If the DCS only had to deal with a manageable number of abuse cases, working class parents who are not in so much despair that they repeatedly turn to drugs -- child abuse in America could be drastically reduced along with welfare rolls and prison budgets. So, as you see, population control has many positive aspects to it.

And think about this:

Case A - poor high-school dropout with 4 kids.

Case B - poor high-school dropout

Which case is more likely to have the energy to work a job, save money, and go to a jc to get their GED?

Look at all the problems abortion on demand would solve? If you are truly sick of the leech class of disenfranchised people who don't try to better themselves by having a work ethic and the energy/motivation to work low wage jobs until their situation improves -- if you really want that class of people to shrink, then abortion on demand is the surest way.

Think about this:

Case A - Poor father who doesn't make enough to feed his kids and relies on food stamps.

Case B - poor 22 y.o. with no responsibilities other than providing for himself -- therefore needs minimal government assistance if any.

Who is more likely to to be so demoralized that drugs offer an easy escape from reality?

Except he's taking a big chunk of government assistance to fund the murder of his child.

So much for that bit of nonsense.

Except he's taking a big chunk of government assistance to fund the murder of his child.

So much for that bit of nonsense.

Agreed, it's wrong to make you pay for it. And the hypocrisy of the left when they suddenly get that for things that they don't want to pay for. No one should have to pay for any government other than basic services that benefit everyone, like roads and the military. Particularly the Federal government.

And they're pretending that if the government pays for it, nobody has to get help from the government.

Which is, of course, insane.

Nobody says that people shouldn't have sex.

We just object to the state killing babies. That's the long and short of it.

You are truly an idiot. Please tell us what state is killing babies. God, Justin Beiber can't even get away with egging his neighbor's house and you think whole states are murdering children.

She's referring to abortion. Seriously, how could you possibly not get that?

Nobody says that people shouldn't have sex.

We just object to the state killing babies. That's the long and short of it.

You are truly an idiot. Please tell us what state is killing babies. God, Justin Beiber can't even get away with egging his neighbor's house and you think whole states are murdering children.

:eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

If you only made sense.

Great post. Kosher Idiot has no understanding of the science of human procreation. By her logic we should grant voting rights to embryos.

I do, why don't you test me?

Voting rights are granted to citizens of a particular age- by your logic all citizens born have voting rights- and only excludes the unborn.

Forum List

Back