Pit bulls are safe around children!

You cant claim abuse, with zero evidence to support the claim.

This is exactly what im talking about. This post is what every owner says before his dog mauls someone, then when they attack they are so shocked, despite the fact that they are notorious for doing so.

Have you owned pitbulls, Godboy?

I have a lot of experience and knowledge about them, and am interested in breeding purebreds in the future. I can certainly claim abuse, and the way some of these dogs are raised. Did you know that some people put very heavy weights around their necks in order to toughen them up? Or that they get treated badly by some so that they become aggressive and good guard dogs?

There's a difference between a loving puppy raised well, and a dog that's been trained to be vicious. Personally I don't think you know know enough about pitbulls in order to really discuss the issue. I don't mean that as an insult. Having spent most of my life around the dogs, and also knowing those that were trained to be aggressive, I find it very naive of you to say they're something they aren't.

I think there is enough evidence to show that Pits are more predisposed to violence than other breeds. I mean there is a reason they were chosen to be bred to fight in the first place.
Yes there is a reason. They are small, athletic, strong, stable temperament, and have a never quit attitude.

stable temperament LOL

Dude come on.
Obviously you have never owned a Pit. Show me another dog breed that can go from trying to attack a person through a fence and alternating between that and licking the childs arm that is stuck through the fence the dumb person that is agitating the dog didnt see?

True, I've never needed a dog to show how big my dick is.

That's what my guns are for.

Have you owned pitbulls, Godboy?

I have a lot of experience and knowledge about them, and am interested in breeding purebreds in the future. I can certainly claim abuse, and the way some of these dogs are raised. Did you know that some people put very heavy weights around their necks in order to toughen them up? Or that they get treated badly by some so that they become aggressive and good guard dogs?

There's a difference between a loving puppy raised well, and a dog that's been trained to be vicious. Personally I don't think you know know enough about pitbulls in order to really discuss the issue. I don't mean that as an insult. Having spent most of my life around the dogs, and also knowing those that were trained to be aggressive, I find it very naive of you to say they're something they aren't.

I think there is enough evidence to show that Pits are more predisposed to violence than other breeds. I mean there is a reason they were chosen to be bred to fight in the first place.
Yes there is a reason. They are small, athletic, strong, stable temperament, and have a never quit attitude.

stable temperament LOL

Dude come on.
Obviously you have never owned a Pit. Show me another dog breed that can go from trying to attack a person through a fence and alternating between that and licking the childs arm that is stuck through the fence the dumb person that is agitating the dog didnt see?

Guns or dogs dont show how big your dick is. Odd how you think that. Are you projecting? Like most people that have never owned a Pit your assumption you can speak on their temperament is weird and ignorant. That would be like me saying space aliens like beef jerky.

stable temperament LOL

Dude come on.

Guns or dogs dont show how big your dick is. Odd how you think that. Are you projecting? .

No shit dummy, learn to take a joke.

stable temperament LOL

Dude come on.

Guns or dogs dont show how big your dick is. Odd how you think that. Are you projecting? .

No shit dummy, learn to take a joke.
Like you learned to get poked? No thanks.

I don't even have a dick, and I like guns (well, I like the freedom to own them) and powerful dogs and horses that are a bit of a handful.

I also like dogs and horses that are totally laid back and not a handful at all though. They all have their merits.

I don't think you can get them registered with AKC yet. Without that registration it can't compete at Westminster, which is the only show that matters. You can register a Staffordshire Terrier with AKC; that is similar but still a different breed.

What are you talking about? American Pit Bull has been an AKC breed for about a hundred years.

American Pit Bull Terrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Show me even one that is registered with the AKC uneducated. :laugh:

Make sure its an APBT and not an AmStaff.

American Staffordshire Terrier Dog Breed Information - American Kennel Club

Last edited:
The Fighting Dogs That Were Actually Bred To Be Friendly - KnowledgeNuts

"However, the nature of professional pit fights ensured that the dogs were bred to be very friendly to people. During the course of a match, several people were forced to touch the animal, and if it lashed out against a human, it would be culled."
You see it if you've ever watched dog fighting. Those guys are right there, and they grab the dogs without even thinking about it, and without getting bit. I look at that dog attack video and I'm like, why aren't those guys grabbing the dogs???? Obviously you aren't going to be able to pull the dude away from them, and they're going to bite you, too. Get behind them and grab them. But you need #2 person too, or the second dog is going to come for you...

My daughter in law, a slender, beautiful Mexican girl, and I, a stout gramma, would have done a better job of stopping that fight. We stopped fights between our pit, saint and a PRT (the little guy is always the instigator btw).

"However, the nature of professional pit fights ensured that the dogs were bred to be very friendly to people. During the course of a match, several people were forced to touch the animal, and if it lashed out against a human, it would be culled."
You see it if you've ever watched dog fighting. Those guys are right there, and they grab the dogs without even thinking about it, and without getting bit. I look at that dog attack video and I'm like, why aren't those guys grabbing the dogs???? Obviously you aren't going to be able to pull the dude away from them, and they're going to bite you, too. Get behind them and grab them. But you need #2 person too, or the second dog is going to come for you...

My daughter in law, a slender, beautiful Mexican girl, and I, a stout gramma, would have done a better job of stopping that fight. We stopped fights between our pit, saint and a PRT (the little guy is always the instigator btw).
My first Pit came from a guy that fought them professionally. When I found out about how they were bred to be people friendly I was sold. When I went to pick my dog up I was even more impressed with the mother and the father who were both fighting dogs but had no problem with me petting them.

My first Pit came from a guy that fought them professionally. When I found out about how they were bred to be people friendly I was sold. When I went to pick my dog up I was even more impressed with the mother and the father who were both fighting dogs but had no problem with me petting them.
Only a loser fucking shit stain would buy dogs from a guy who forces them to fight. You are despicable.

Only a loser fucking shit stain would buy dogs from a guy who forces them to fight. You are despicable.
Or a guy that wants to make sure that if he gets a dog capable of killing a grown man that the dog is stable. Pits like to fight. You dont have to force them.

Or a guy that wants to make sure that if he gets a dog capable of killing a grown man that the dog is stable. Pits like to fight. You dont have to force them.
Oh, so then you agree that they are prone to attacking, or did you just slip up because you're too stupid to keep your position straight?

Oh, so then you agree that they are prone to attacking, or did you just slip up because you're too stupid to keep your position straight?
Yes I agree they are prone to attacking other dogs. Are you some kind of idiot? Where have I said any different?

My son bought his from someone who bred them to fight too. I was not pleased. But he wanted one that was typey. He never had any intent to fight him or breed him for fighters. And Snoop is absolutely the most wonderful dog in the world. We gave him a good home and a good life, infinitely better than what he might have had. My son has always said the same thing...one of the reason pits are good at fighting is that they don't like to fight..but they will do it if their owners want them to, and that is an indication of their heart for their people.

All I know is we love him. And I think trust is the most important factor in raising safe dogs, especially powerful ones. They have to TRUST that you are going to be there for them, to intervene if any threat presents itself, and to take charge. Absent that, they're going to take charge, and a dog is just a dog...their idea of taking charge and *playing* is conducive to injury for someone.

Can pitbulls, rots, chows, German Sheppards etc be great dogs, absolutely, but responsible parents shouldn't have a dog around young children. Young children don't respect the gravity of the danger that an unintended circumstance might have. Toddlers shouldn't be around aggressive breds and I think parents should wait until their kid is at least 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got my first Pit when my daughter was 5. He saved her from being mauled by a Rottie when she was 7. What if I had waited?
You could say the same about a gun of there is an intruder in the house.

You have a good dog there, you better spoil him/her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're kind of yellers in my family. When we all start yelling Snoop starts barking right along with us. He totally mimics what we're doing. He talks to us too...and he'll talk to you as long as you want to listen to his loud, heinous wrahr-wrahring BARK BARK BARK ing.

"I already posted what the CDC says. Which is that there aren't any correct figures." #995

Then how can they know her figures are wrong?
If you check the site, it says it includes specific details on each corpse.

If there's proof that any one report is false, I'd dismiss the entire report / Internet site.
But I have no such proof. Thus I remain openminded, it might be true.

"There are too many angles and no conformity in record keeping or reporting."

The site mentions only dead humans. Not much ambiguity about that.

I'm attacked by dogs ROUTINELY. Matter of fact, I just put 20 miles on my new bicycle, and was chased by one dog (but he couldn't catch me), and charged by another. But I ordered that one down, and it obeyed me.
Last month I was attacked by two Pit-Bulls at once. That's thrilling.
I told the town board if it happened again I'd kill the dogs, and showed them a picture of the long-handled hatchet I'd use to get the job done.

That got their attention, and I think they sent a first responder out there and issue a fine for violating our local leash law.
But let there be no doubt:
there are all kinds of dangers bicycling around here. But domesticated dog attacks are more dangerous than all the others combined.

"I already posted what the CDC says. Which is that there aren't any correct figures." #995

Then how can they know her figures are wrong?
If you check the site, it says it includes specific details on each corpse.

If there's proof that any one report is false, I'd dismiss the entire report / Internet site.
But I have no such proof. Thus I remain openminded, it might be true.

"There are too many angles and no conformity in record keeping or reporting."

The site mentions only dead humans. Not much ambiguity about that.

I'm attacked by dogs ROUTINELY. Matter of fact, I just put 20 miles on my new bicycle, and was chased by one dog (but he couldn't catch me), and charged by another. But I ordered that one down, and it obeyed me.
Last month I was attacked by two Pit-Bulls at once. That's thrilling.
I told the town board if it happened again I'd kill the dogs, and showed them a picture of the long-handled hatchet I'd use to get the job done.

That got their attention, and I think they sent a first responder out there and issue a fine for violating our local leash law.
But let there be no doubt:
there are all kinds of dangers bicycling around here. But domesticated dog attacks are more dangerous than all the others combined.

Do you have a study in front of you that states dogs can fly?

If you don't, it MIGHT be true.

There is no evidence that pit bulls as a breed are any more dangerous than any other powerful breed. What we do know is that there are a lot of them, and they are currently the dog du jour of criminal thug types of people who like to amass them and are typically poorly educated, criminal, destitute idiots who can't take care of their own children's needs, let alone manage powerful dogs.

It comes down to education. Go into the neighborhoods where the dogs are and educate those fools. You can imagine how much funding is available, and how many volunteers are actually qualified, to do that. None (funding) and not many. Banning dogs isn't going to fix anything.

Forum List

Back