Pit bulls are safe around children!

The whole leash thing is funny because my girlfriend has a 10 month old shepherd type pup that they think has lab in it (I think it's a freaking Australian Shepherd, I don't see any indication of lab at all). That dog strains at the leash and freaking grabs the leash and leaps up and snatches it, and literally carries the leash in her mouth while they're walking, way out front. Not good.

I've lived with pitbulls and, if they're raised with love, they are the most loving animals out there.

They're not evil, but misunderstood. It is the owner who abuses the dogs that is to blame here.
You cant claim abuse, with zero evidence to support the claim.

This is exactly what im talking about. This post is what every owner says before his dog mauls someone, then when they attack they are so shocked, despite the fact that they are notorious for doing so.

Have you owned pitbulls, Godboy?

I have a lot of experience and knowledge about them, and am interested in breeding purebreds in the future. I can certainly claim abuse, and the way some of these dogs are raised. Did you know that some people put very heavy weights around their necks in order to toughen them up? Or that they get treated badly by some so that they become aggressive and good guard dogs?

There's a difference between a loving puppy raised well, and a dog that's been trained to be vicious. Personally I don't think you know know enough about pitbulls in order to really discuss the issue. I don't mean that as an insult. Having spent most of my life around the dogs, and also knowing those that were trained to be aggressive, I find it very naive of you to say they're something they aren't.

I've lived with pitbulls and, if they're raised with love, they are the most loving animals out there.

They're not evil, but misunderstood. It is the owner who abuses the dogs that is to blame here.

This is exactly what im talking about. This post is what every owner says before his dog mauls someone, then when they attack they are so shocked, despite the fact that they are notorious for doing so.

I have a lot of experience and knowledge about them, and am interested in breeding purebreds in the future. I can certainly claim abuse, and the way some of these dogs are raised. Did you know that some people put very heavy weights around their necks in order to toughen them up? Or that they get treated badly by some so that they become aggressive and good guard dogs?

There's a difference between a loving puppy raised well, and a dog that's been trained to be vicious. Personally I don't think you know know enough about pitbulls in order to really discuss the issue. I don't mean that as an insult. Having spent most of my life around the dogs, and also knowing those that were trained to be aggressive, I find it very naive of you to say they're something they aren't.

So now its morphed into she ordered her dogs to attack the guy even though she is obviously trying to stop them?

Edit...

My bad. I just looked closer and thats a guy trying to stop them.

Last edited:
What do you think triggered you dog when you reached for the leash? Most dog associate the leash with going for a walk. Had you or anyone else ever hit your dog with the leash?

You would have to ask Buddy...

The only difference I ever noticed about Buddy, compared to the 8 other dogs I owned or grew up with is that he would not run away from a garden hose or a vacuum cleaner.

My guess is fear...
Why would he be afraid of the leash?

And why would the fact that he didn't run away from garden hose or vacuum cleaners result in him attacking you, or be indicative of fear? I think he was dominant and you missed all the previous clues.

I've seen dogs who will react to brooms and hoses and leashes and sticks because they've been teased with them, hit with them, or aggressively played with. Snoop used to get extremely antsy if anyone picked up a stick or anything like it. So I did a lot of desensitizing him to it, now he's fine. Who knows what it came from but it came from somewhere before he came to live with us.

I would also be all for banning ANY breed of dog that weighs less than 10 lbs. Annoying little fucks who think they have something to prove.

Asclepias , for instance.

People are fucking retarded.

I think there is enough evidence to show that Pits are more predisposed to violence than other breeds. I mean there is a reason they were chosen to be bred to fight in the first place.

I just read the story and something is not adding up. The guy that was attacked said the woman was not strong enough to hold the dogs and he thought they wanted to be petted. Where did the command to attack come in?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pit-bulls-attack-man-bronx-graphic-video-shows-article-1.2358056

"Police said the dogs’ owner, Cynthia Oliver, ordered the dogs to attack after an argument, but Bove, an Italian immigrant, said he never talked to the woman."

"“She was a petite, weak lady. (The dogs) were dragging her wherever they go and she couldn’t hold onto (the leash),” he said. "

"As the dogs approached, he thought they wanted to be petted, but the canines had something else in mind. “They came to me, and I thought they were friendly but they jumped on me and I felt the bite,” he said. “I started to kick them off. I lost a big chunk of my arm. I could see it. I could see the bone.”"

Dogs, as humans, are constrained by intrinsic limitation.
There aren't many midgets in the NBA.
When prison-guards pursue an escapee, they use bloodhounds, not a Chihuahua.
"Pit bulls are safe around children!"
Some are.
Some are not.
The most aggressive dog attack I've experienced in my adult life was from pit-bulls.

Dogs have killed hundreds of us,
KILLED hundreds of us in the past decade.
This doesn't list any non-fatal attack.

2014 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2014, 42 dog attacks resulted in human death: 19 child victims, 1 young teen victim and 22 adults. The state of Texas had the most dog bite-related fatalities in 2014 with 7 deaths.

2013 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2013, 32 dog attacks resulted in human death: 18 child victims and 14 adult victims. The state of California had the highest number of dog bite-related fatalities in 2013 with 5 deaths.

2012 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2012, 38 dog attacks resulted in human death: 19 child victims and 19 adult victims. The states of California and North Carolina had the most fatal dog attacks in 2012, each with 4 deaths.

2011 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2011, 31 dog attacks resulted in human death: 13 child victims and 18 adult victims. The states of California and Texas had the most fatal dog attacks in 2011, each with 4 deaths.

2010 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2010, 33 dog attacks resulted in human death: 20 child victims and 13 adult victims. The state of California had the highest number of dog bite-related fatalities in 2010 with 7 deaths.

2009 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2009, 32 dog attacks resulted in human death: 20 child victims and 12 adult victims. The state of Texas had the highest number of dog bite-related fatalities in 2009 with 5 deaths.

2008 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2008, 23 dog attacks resulted in human death: 16 child victims and 7 adult victims. No single state led fatal dog attacks in 2008. Six states each incurred 2 dog bite-related deaths.

2007 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2007, 35 dog attacks resulted in human death: 18 child victims and 17 adult victims. The state of Texas had the highest number of dog bite-related fatalities in 2007 with 7 deaths.

2006 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2006, 30 dog attacks resulted in human death: 13 child victims and 17 adult victims. The state of Texas had the highest number of dog bite-related fatalities in 2006 with 6 deaths.

2005 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2005, 29 dog attacks resulted in human death: 14 child victims, 2 young teen victims and 13 adults. The state of California had the most dog bite-related fatalities in 2005 with 4 deaths.

IN THE 10-YEAR PERIOD FROM 2005 TO 2014, PIT BULLS KILLED 203 AMERICANS AND ACCOUNTED FOR 62% OF THE TOTAL RECORDED DEATHS (326). COMBINED, PIT BULLS AND ROTTWEILERS ACCOUNTED FOR 74% OF THESE DEATHS.

DOGSBITE.ORG1 CONTAINS VERIFIABLE2 INFORMATION ABOUT U.S. CITIZENS KILLED BY DOGS INCLUDING THE NAME AND AGE OF EACH VICTIM, LOCATION OF ATTACK, DOG BREED AND UP TO 18 OTHER FACTORS.
U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org

I just read the story and something is not adding up. The guy that was attacked said the woman was not strong enough to hold the dogs and he thought they wanted to be petted. Where did the command to attack come in?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pit-bulls-attack-man-bronx-graphic-video-shows-article-1.2358056

"“She was a petite, weak lady. (The dogs) were dragging her wherever they go and she couldn’t hold onto (the leash),” he said. "

"As the dogs approached, he thought they wanted to be petted, but the canines had something else in mind. “They came to me, and I thought they were friendly but they jumped on me and I felt the bite,” he said. “I started to kick them off. I lost a big chunk of my arm. I could see it. I could see the bone.”"

I watch that video and there's a lot of weird going on.

Dogs, as humans, are constrained by intrinsic limitation.
There aren't many midgets in the NBA.
When prison-guards pursue an escapee, they use bloodhounds, not a Chihuahua.
"Pit bulls are safe around children!"
Some are.
Some are not.
The most aggressive dog attack I've experienced in my adult life was from pit-bulls.

Dogs have killed hundreds of us,
KILLED hundreds of us in the past decade.
This doesn't list any non-fatal attack.

2014 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2014, 42 dog attacks resulted in human death: 19 child victims, 1 young teen victim and 22 adults. The state of Texas had the most dog bite-related fatalities in 2014 with 7 deaths.

2013 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2013, 32 dog attacks resulted in human death: 18 child victims and 14 adult victims. The state of California had the highest number of dog bite-related fatalities in 2013 with 5 deaths.

2012 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2012, 38 dog attacks resulted in human death: 19 child victims and 19 adult victims. The states of California and North Carolina had the most fatal dog attacks in 2012, each with 4 deaths.

2011 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2011, 31 dog attacks resulted in human death: 13 child victims and 18 adult victims. The states of California and Texas had the most fatal dog attacks in 2011, each with 4 deaths.

2010 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2010, 33 dog attacks resulted in human death: 20 child victims and 13 adult victims. The state of California had the highest number of dog bite-related fatalities in 2010 with 7 deaths.

2009 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2009, 32 dog attacks resulted in human death: 20 child victims and 12 adult victims. The state of Texas had the highest number of dog bite-related fatalities in 2009 with 5 deaths.

2008 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2008, 23 dog attacks resulted in human death: 16 child victims and 7 adult victims. No single state led fatal dog attacks in 2008. Six states each incurred 2 dog bite-related deaths.

2007 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2007, 35 dog attacks resulted in human death: 18 child victims and 17 adult victims. The state of Texas had the highest number of dog bite-related fatalities in 2007 with 7 deaths.

2006 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2006, 30 dog attacks resulted in human death: 13 child victims and 17 adult victims. The state of Texas had the highest number of dog bite-related fatalities in 2006 with 6 deaths.

2005 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities
In 2005, 29 dog attacks resulted in human death: 14 child victims, 2 young teen victims and 13 adults. The state of California had the most dog bite-related fatalities in 2005 with 4 deaths.

IN THE 10-YEAR PERIOD FROM 2005 TO 2014, PIT BULLS KILLED 203 AMERICANS AND ACCOUNTED FOR 62% OF THE TOTAL RECORDED DEATHS (326). COMBINED, PIT BULLS AND ROTTWEILERS ACCOUNTED FOR 74% OF THESE DEATHS.

DOGSBITE.ORG1 CONTAINS VERIFIABLE2 INFORMATION ABOUT U.S. CITIZENS KILLED BY DOGS INCLUDING THE NAME AND AGE OF EACH VICTIM, LOCATION OF ATTACK, DOG BREED AND UP TO 18 OTHER FACTORS.
U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org

That's a propaganda site.

Dogsbite.org is a biased site set up by a woman who was attacked by a dog identified as a pitbull type when she was out running.

"Every mainstream national organization that is involved in canine/human interactions is opposed to laws targeting specific breeds of dogs. An at-least partial list of these organizations include:
American Dog Owners Association
American Humane
American Kennel Club (AKC)
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)
American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
American Working Dog Federation
Association of Pet Dog Trainers
Best Friends
Center for Disease Control
Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)
International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
International Association of Canine Professionals
National Animal Control Association
National Animal Interest Alliance
National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors
National Canine Research Council
No Kill Advocacy Center"

The Truth Behind Dogsbite.org

kg #992 & #993
Thank you kg.

a) Has any domesticated canid ever killed any human?

b) If there has ever been a single fatality, how many were there, over the past 10 years?

Calling the source wrong is fine, but insufficient.
WHAT ARE THE CORRECT FIGURES?

I think there is enough evidence to show that Pits are more predisposed to violence than other breeds. I mean there is a reason they were chosen to be bred to fight in the first place.

Because they're athletic and freaking tough.
kg #992 & #993
Thank you kg.

a) Has any domesticated canid ever killed any human?

b) If there has ever been a single fatality, how many were there, over the past 10 years?

Calling the source wrong is fine, but insufficient.
WHAT ARE THE CORRECT FIGURES?

I already posted what the CDC says. Which is that there aren't any correct figures. There are too many angles and no conformity in record keeping or reporting.

Yes there is a reason. They are small, athletic, strong, stable temperament, and have a never quit attitude.

Yes there is a reason. They are small, athletic, strong, stable temperament, and have a never quit attitude.

stable temperament LOL

Dude come on.

Exactly! Schlep, I almost like you right now. The thing about terriers...they are brave.

But they're big dogs and idiots shouldn't have them. Just like guns. And as we've seen with gun bans, they don't work. Neither do breed bans. All that happens is the idiots find a substitute or just go underground.

stable temperament LOL

Dude come on.
Obviously you have never owned a Pit. Show me another dog breed that can go from trying to attack a person through a fence and alternating between that and licking the childs arm that is stuck through the fence the dumb person that is agitating the dog didnt see?

Exactly! Schlep, I almost like you right now. The thing about terriers...they are brave.

But they're big dogs and idiots shouldn't have them. Just like guns. And as we've seen with gun bans, they don't work. Neither do breed bans. All that happens is the idiots find a substitute or just go underground.

I'm not for a breed ban. That's stupid.

I prefer an owner ban on a case by case basis. And it's a shame that when something DOES happen, it's the dog that is destroyed. Kill the stupid owner.

Forum List

Back