PHANTOM OF THE OPERA - The Movie

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
Call me old fashion, call me nostalgic, I really miss a good old musical, with good, deep, loud, thunderous sounds of musical instruments, and beautiful singing.
http://phantomthemovie.warnerbros.com/--Warner Brother's Home Page For the Phantom.
g_main_image.jpg

The "Phantom Of The Opera" was great in my opinion. As soon as the DVD came out, I picked it up at Costco.

The movie critics were terribly hard on The Phantom movie(C), but the public gave it raves overall(B+).
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1800385821&cf=info

All I can say is that those songs and lyrics from the movie keep rolling around in my mind during the day.

g_title.jpg

If you didn't see it at the movies, the only way to really do it justice at home is on a nice big, entertainment system, with surround-sound speakers.

I saw the Phantom, stage show in San Francisco years ago, and maybe this is why I liked the movie so much.

Anyway, I think the critics were totally wrong, and most of the viewing public dissagrees with their take.

I come from an era of Rogers and Hamerstein musicals, like Oklahoma, King and I, Carousel, etc. I think more recently, Moulin Rouge was another great attempt at bringing back those great musicals too.

The Phantom of the Opera is a classic. My dad saw it on broadway and got the original cast recording on both cassette and CD. As soon as the movie came out, I went to see it. It's wonderful. Much like The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the critics are WRONG!!

I guess I will have to see this for myself, because I can't believe they could capture the special effects that were in the play. This is one of my fondest memories! For those of you that think of Jim as a little hothead, let me tell you, he has a heart of gold. Called me one day and said "you're coming up for the weekend - put on something nice"- told me a limo would pick me up, and nothing else. To make a long story short, he took me to see Phantom on Broadway. It was awesome, but to make it even more special, I knew he had sat through it previously with his wife. Thanks again, Jimbo - that is a memory I hold in my heart!

Forum List

Back