PG&E, Gavin Newsom, and the French Laundry connection

The only thing current is the coming Recall Election. Posting old news put in Current Events is a hit piece. Gavin Newsom has done a great job, and I will expect more assholes to do more Character Assassination's as they have done to Obama, Harris, Biden and every Democrat since the Gingrich Era.

Incredible investigative reporting here. Highly recommend you take 10 min to watch this.

From the OP's source: "Even though PG&E exited bankruptcy more than a year ago, the restitution money hasn’t come.
That’s because the bankruptcy plan approved by Gov. Newsom didn’t pay PG&E’s victims cash in full.
PG&E’s bankruptcy rolled their restitution into a trust fund to settle civil damages for more than a dozen other PG&E wildfires, some of whom have been waiting for payment since 2015."

So, Gavin reportedly helped PG&E fast-track to declare bankruptcy, and how much did this help the victims? PG&E's lawyer told the residents of Paradise, those who'd lost homes and sleeping on their properties in trailers and tents: "It's important for you for PG&E to do well" You have got to be kidding me...crooked business owners and their crooked lawyers should not own businesses nor serve the public in any capacity,, including those holding a monopoly-type of utility company. The media needs to keep up on these intentional cash delays and extra trauma on Paradise residents in dire need of help.

Incredible investigative reporting here. Highly recommend you take 10 min to watch this.

Never heard of it. French Laundry? That's a place to eat, and not a snack vending machine at the laundromat? Just the name ruined the atmosphere for me. Maybe there's a Chinese Laundry or a dry cleaning business.

Oh, yeah, there's a professional washer and drier appliance repairman driving an independent small business company logo truck around town, and I'm missing a pair of pliers.

Did the chef take it to crack walnuts?

The only thing current is the coming Recall Election. Posting old news put in Current Events is a hit piece. Gavin Newsom has done a great job, and I will expect more assholes to do more Character Assassination's as they have done to Obama, Harris, Biden and every Democrat since the Gingrich Era.
Define what is it a "great deal". You mean like when Newsom
shut down all other wineries
in Napa, Sonoma, etc....except for his own Plump Jack business?

Or like how he has shafted home and property owners in the PGE created wild fires in upper California
but has put PGE interests on a fast track?

I'm sorry you are so fucked up you cannot distinguish between
"character assassination" and holding corrupt politicians to account for their actions.

Newsom has done nothing to help manage the forests or petitioned the Feds to clean up their forests after decades of closing them to logging and clean up. PG&E has done nothing to upgrade and maintain their infrastructure but have been escalating their monthly fees to users and lining their own pockets. Now we see both of them combining to screw the poor folks who lost everything in a PG&E caused fire. In the meantime today, we have yet another PG&E suspected fire the size of New Jersey (approx. 500,000 square acres) in the same relative area.

Meanwhile, PG&E's customers are being charged more and more, PG&E is shutting off their electricity every time the wind blows and its dry and not to mention rolling blackouts because PG&E has not kept up with demand.

DemoKKKrats: 40% of the entire nation's homeless population in a single state = "a great job".

To be rid of Pigs Goats and Elephants monthly grab for your money go solar and be done with the crooks.

Well, green energy don't come cheap.
Are you by chance a representative for PG&E? Well, let me ask you this if I may, what's your take about "what's good for PG&E is good for you" (paraphrasing one of their attorneys on video after loss of homes)...do you consider that by not paying the victims fully in cash supports your premise that green energy doesn't come cheap and costs lives?

Are you by chance a representative for PG&E? Well, let me ask you this if I may, what's your take about "what's good for PG&E is good for you" (paraphrasing one of their attorneys on video after loss of homes)...do you consider that by not paying the victims fully in cash supports your premise that green energy doesn't come cheap and costs lives?

Are you by chance a representative for PG&E?

No.

what's your take about "what's good for PG&E is good for you" (paraphrasing one of their attorneys on video after loss of homes)

Well, which is more likely to pay off your claim, a company that loses money or a profitable one?

do you consider that by not paying the victims fully in cash supports your premise that green energy doesn't come cheap and costs lives?

Does wasting...err...investing billions in money losing green energy make them more profitable?

Are you by chance a representative for PG&E?

No.

what's your take about "what's good for PG&E is good for you" (paraphrasing one of their attorneys on video after loss of homes)

Well, which is more likely to pay off your claim, a company that loses money or a profitable one?

do you consider that by not paying the victims fully in cash supports your premise that green energy doesn't come cheap and costs lives?

Does wasting...err...investing billions in money losing green energy make them more profitable?
I'm pro-business but that means following good business practices. I admit to having a beef about utility companies that act like monopolies or worse are true monopolies. The local utility companies own the market 100%-all of them-gas, water, electric, water. The consumers are at their mercy for services, prices, and outages. These local utility companies have no competition within the entire county. One gas option, one water option, etc. Prices of course continue to go up and reflect the lack of competition.

Good business practices do not involve a bail-out from the government, nor do they include the assistance from state governors to help them obtain bankruptcy (should have zero connection with government official (of any party) advising broke company about a means towards delaying payoffs. Even if that wasn't the intent of GN, to hurt the people financially who suffered losses (including the lives of loved ones) it doesn't look good on my end, but I am not well-versed on more of the details of what's going on currently. I'll get back with you if I find out something worth sharing.

I do not back wasting money on green energy for the record when global information is said to be doubling every 6 months. If this is even close to accurate (and I've read it in more than one science-affiliated mag) why are we not considering new technology, yet to be released but will be soon, to factor into the solution?

I'm pro-business but that means following good business practices. I admit to having a beef about utility companies that act like monopolies or worse are true monopolies. The local utility companies own the market 100%-all of them-gas, water, electric, water. The consumers are at their mercy for services, prices, and outages. These local utility companies have no competition within the entire county. One gas option, one water option, etc. Prices of course continue to go up and reflect the lack of competition.

Good business practices do not involve a bail-out from the government, nor do they include the assistance from state governors to help them obtain bankruptcy (should have zero connection with government official (of any party) advising broke company about a means towards delaying payoffs. Even if that wasn't the intent of GN, to hurt the people financially who suffered losses (including the lives of loved ones) it doesn't look good on my end, but I am not well-versed on more of the details of what's going on currently. I'll get back with you if I find out something worth sharing.

I do not back wasting money on green energy for the record when global information is said to be doubling every 6 months. If this is even close to accurate (and I've read it in more than one science-affiliated mag) why are we not considering new technology, yet to be released but will be soon, to factor into the solution?

I'm pro-business but that means following good business practices.

Hard to follow good business practices, like maintaining your transmission lines, when the state
makes you waste billions on green energy.

The local utility companies own the market 100%-all of them-gas, water, electric, water. The consumers are at their mercy for services, prices, and outages. These local utility companies have no competition within the entire county.

Usually.

One gas option, one water option, etc. Prices of course continue to go up and reflect the lack of competition.

Well, do you want multiple sets of water lines, power lines, gas lines?
As far as prices, those are regulated.

Good business practices do not involve a bail-out from the government, nor do they include the assistance from state governors to help them obtain bankruptcy

Bailout? Let them go under. Then the state can payoff the wildfire damages and buy all the green energy they desire. And the consumers will have a direct line to who is to blame.

I do not back wasting money on green energy for the record when global information is said to be doubling every 6 months. If this is even close to accurate (and I've read it in more than one science-affiliated mag) why are we not considering new technology,

We could build new nuke plants, but the green morons are more afraid of that than
they are of demon CO2.

The local utility companies own the market 100%-all of them-gas, water, electric, water. The consumers are at their mercy for services, prices, and outages. These local utility companies have no competition within the entire county.

Usually.
I understand utilities are regulated monopolies, but I still don't have to consider it to be the best means for service, there just isn't a better alternative yet. It's coming. Think of co-ops and up the investment factor. Think of a company coming in that can provide its customers money back through co-op shared profits. To think that because this is the way it's always been done for many years or that because it's the way things are statewide it won't change is short-sighted. It will just take effort on a small scale to start in one major city with a bulk of customers. Customers fed up with "because we've always done it this way" as being an excuse.

Competition has always been the way to a free market that adjusts itself over time with failed businesses allowed to fail and consumers deciding what they want to stick around or otherwise. I will read more about how utilities are regulated and compare state laws to learn more.

The settlement with PG&E reads that it helped the utility company and delayed cash payout. I always back the underdog (individuals) when a business screws over its customers. Similar to corps that have knowingly dumped toxic waste near clean water sources, you can't get more lowly than that as far as a routine, business practice.

Think of a company coming in that can provide its customers money back through co-op shared profits.

Good luck with that.
Lots of people itching to start a power company in California?
Why is a co-op going to give cheaper power or larger investment returns?

The settlement with PG&E reads that it helped the utility company and delayed cash payout.

Can't get blood from a stone.

I always back the underdog (individuals) when a business screws over its customers.

And when the state caused the screwing?

I always back the underdog (individuals) when a business screws over its customers.

And when the state caused the screwing?
Indeed. An extra layer to shovel off to clean the roads.

As far as another company coming into CA to start up a utility corp...why not? I don't live in CA but there is a LOT of time left on Earth...major time if humans don't ruin it. It might not be CA but some billionaire will see a great opportunity. Only one US company makes the top 10 list. Just looking at Exelon's area of customers in PA and IL, that sounds huge but that explains ranking 8th.

#8 Exelon Corp. (EXC)

• Revenue (TTM): $33.7 billion
  • Net Income (TTM): $2.6 billion
  • Market Cap: $37.6 billion
  • 1-Year Trailing Total Return: -11.3%
  • Exchange: NASDAQ
Exelon Corp. operates as a utility services holding company serving millions of customers in Pennsylvania, Illinois, and several other areas of the U.S. The U.S. company is one of the largest domestic power generators, with power generators, with power capacity generated by nuclear, gas, wind, hydroelectric, and solar stations.

There's an opportunity for competition for a multi-billionaire to consider. It would be interesting to see the backlash, the rationale/justification behind the backlash, and the outcome.

California has legal vote harvesting and mass mail ballots. The Chinese spies running vote harvesting ops will decide if Newsom stays or goes.

Forum List

Back