Pete Rose

Should the lifetime ban on Pete Rose be lifted?

• Yes, so many cheater’s in baseball it is time

• No, he disgraced the game

• Can someone remind me why all of you hate pineapple on your pizza?

Results are only viewable after voting.
In every clubhouse in MLB

main-qimg-6f966052b6aa092959c9fc7847e5edd2-lq

Absent evidence that he ever threw a single game for his gambling purposes (or for any other reason, for that matter) his record speaks for itself.
In fact, he always bet on the Reds to win. It's the spread that he bet on. That can affect which pitchers he uses, and which pitchers he abuses.

If you lift the ban, how do you ban future offenders? Why have the sign in every MLB clubhouse that says gambling will result in a lifetime ban?

The steroid users should absolutely be banned, their records erased.

Bonds is such an idiot. He would have still been the greatest player of all time, but he threw it away.
bonds would not have had the numbers he had on steroids if he never did them....so how would that have still made him the greatest ever?.....

Baseball wise, Rose definitely belongs in the HOF. Everyone knows he bet on baseball. He's been given multiple opportunities to admit it. Had he done so, he would have been welcome back into baseball and already be in the HOF. But his ego won't allow him to admit hebet on baseball. Therefore, he can go pound sand. He had his shot. He stays out and at this point, I wouldn't entertain inducting him even if he did recant. He had his chance. Same deal with Bonds. It's the arrogance and the ego that does men like these in.

What the fuck are you talking about? He admitted it in a televised interview in January of 2004. Go to the 2:05 mark in this video. He's asked outright if he had bet on baseball:

The fact that he didn't bet on the Reds to lose mitigates the whole affair for me...

I have mixed views and am conflicted. He knew the rules and knew that a lifetime ban was the punishment but did it anyway. But I'm also in favor of releasing people in jail for non-violent, simple selling of cannabis. But I don't think they should have their records expunged. It's legal now, but it was illegal when they did it, and like Rose, they knew it.

I have mixed views and am conflicted. He knew the rules and knew that a lifetime ban was the punishment but did it anyway. But I'm also in favor of releasing people in jail for non-violent, simple selling of cannabis. But I don't think they should have their records expunged. It's legal now, but it was illegal when they did it, and like Rose, they knew it.
In the end he has done his time and it is time t let it go…

It's legal now
not everywhere.....

In the end he has done his time and it is time t let it go…
Kind of goes against the idea of a lifetime ban, which was the well-known punishment.

What also colors the Rose situation has been his atrocious behaviour since the ban. The Baseball Hall has an image they wish to protect, they are not controlled by MLB, and they have genuine concerns about his character and the things he has said and done since the ban.

Kind of goes against the idea of a lifetime ban, which was the well-known punishment.

What also colors the Rose situation has been his atrocious behaviour since the ban. The Baseball Hall has an image they wish to protect, they are not controlled by MLB, and they have genuine concerns about his character and the things he has said and done since the ban.
Yeah, they have those like Ruth and Cobb in it, so their image isn’t squeaky clean with some of their players…

What the fuck are you talking about? He admitted it in a televised interview in January of 2004. Go to the 2:05 mark in this video. He's asked outright if he had bet on baseball:

The fact that he didn't bet on the Reds to lose mitigates the whole affair for me...

He did not make that assertion to the Commissioner of Baseball. THAT was his ticket back in. He refused to bow and kiss the ring. And baseball held it against him.
Life in the big city. He had his chance. ^Shrug^.

He did not make that assertion to the Commissioner of Baseball. THAT was his ticket back in. He refused to bow and kiss the ring. And baseball held it against him.
Life in the big city. He had his chance. ^Shrug^.

You said Pete Rose did not admit to gambling on baseball.

That statement is 100% factually incorrect...

Forum List

Back