Perry 32% (Romney 18% Paul 6%)...Dam*

What the failed Governor from Texas has in store for us

328.jpg

Can you give us a clue where you got that pic?? Wordpress.com??? Someone's homemade pic?? :confused:

Virtually all republicans will vote for whomever gets the republican nomination.
And several racist Dems as well.

Let Perry get a little more exposure and we shall see

Actually participating in a debate would help

Does anyone actually watch debates? seriously, I don't waste my time on them. Sorry, making the guys who have a reasonable chance of being the nominee having to share a stage with nutbags like Ron Paul and Herman Cain isn't a productive excercise.

Perry is a far better retail politician than Romney is. He has run in a half dozen elections and never lost. Romney has been defeated in nearly every race he's been in except the 2002 Governor's race, and that was because he was running against non-entities and buried them in cash.

Perry is a far better retail politician than Romney is? :confused:

See what happens when you don't watch debates? You make statements like that. :lol:

Yeah, let him getting to talking about how unconstitutional Social Security is and how he'd like to destroy it. That should give him a bump in the polls.

:lol:

I don't recall Perry saying that. I agree that Social Security is unconstitutional at the federal level as the Founders intended the role of the federal government, but there is no way that Perry, even if he had the power to do so which he doesn't, would just eliminate the program. But if somebody doesn't have the balls to stand up and say it has to be reformed, changed, replaced with something else in order to not break faith with future reitirees, it really doesn't matter who we elect for President for we will be a bankrupt nation beyond redemption before another generation has passed.

But of course those still on the big government reservation can't say that. They have to say dishonest things like Perry wants to destroy Social Security and leave tens of millions of senior with nothing.

Does anyone actually watch debates? seriously, I don't waste my time on them. Sorry, making the guys who have a reasonable chance of being the nominee having to share a stage with nutbags like Ron Paul and Herman Cain isn't a productive excercise.

Perry is a far better retail politician than Romney is. He has run in a half dozen elections and never lost. Romney has been defeated in nearly every race he's been in except the 2002 Governor's race, and that was because he was running against non-entities and buried them in cash.

Nobody watches them, but your best soundbites come from the debates and that is what shows up on the news. The failed Governor from Texas has not been subjected to probing questions or had to compete with other candidates. When he does, his numbers will drop

Did we just open a wormhole to 2000?

It seems to me that you guys are saying the same shit about Perry than you said about Bush. "Why, wait until the debates, Bush will be exposed as the dumb chimp he is...."

Didn't work out that way, did it? Bush came off as likable while Al Gore came off like a child throwing a tantrum.

Perry has run in 10 elections and won every one of them. I don't worry about his ability to win.

See what happens when you don't watch debates? You make statements like that. :lol:

Perry has run in 10 contests, and won 10 of them.

Romney has run in 22 contests, and only won 4.

Perry can connect with people. Romney comes off like some weird Mormon Robot.

Yeah, let him getting to talking about how unconstitutional Social Security is and how he'd like to destroy it. That should give him a bump in the polls.

Everybody knows social security is in trouble and needs reform. Even the Community Organizer has admitted it...

Everybody knows social security is in trouble and needs reform. Even the Community Organizer has admitted it...

The million dollar question...

Of course it needs to be fixed. But SS only needs some patches to make it solvent. Raise the retirement age to 70 for those under 35, raise the annual threshold for payments and she is good as new

Rebublicans are using this as an excuse to scrap the whole "Ponzi scheme" and turn it over to private investment.

Of course it needs to be fixed. But SS only needs some patches to make it solvent. Raise the retirement age to 70 for those under 35, raise the annual threshold for payments and she is good as new

Rebublicans are using this as an excuse to scrap the whole "Ponzi scheme" and turn it over to private investment.

I wish it was that simple but there were almost 20 workers for every social security recipient in 1935 and the social security benefits were far more modest then than they are now. Now there are around 3 workers for every social security recipient and the ratio continues to shrink rapidly. When you look at all other entitlement programs on top of social security, fiscal conservatives can see this is not sustainable without crushing the economy under an impossible tax load. The 'fix' you suggest would be a band aid adding just a little more time before the inevitable.

We have being doing these band aid fixes for decades now and we are running out of time for a fix that won't be too harsh and won't hamstring the economy and crush the nation under an ever increasing mountain of debt. There is plenty of room to debate how to best accomplish that. But meanwhile, do not condemn the eeeeeeee-vul Republicans too quickly or assume their motives are less than honorable. Somebody has to be brave enough to dare to look for a solution.

Private Investment on the long term usually provides a pretty good rate of return. Even Clinton wanted to invest the Social Security "Surplus" into the Stock Market. (Then everyon realized what a bad idea it would be for the government to own a sizable chunk of the Fortune 500.

The thing is with patches is that they don't fix the overall problems-

1) People are having smaller families, therefore less people paying in than taking out.
2) People are living a lot longer
3) The government spent all that surplus on general funds projects, and now have to pay it back. (It's the equivlent to a company raiding the pension fund to fund operations, except in the private sector, they throw you in jail for that. )

A little harsh on Romney I think. Let's face it, they both LOOK like pretty boy snobs, but Romney more so than Perry. They both redeem themselves when they speak, however, but Perry more so than Romney. That means on the likability meter, Perry probabnly has the edge. But even though Romney is from a pretty off the beaten path and fantical religious faith, it is Perry that is branded the 'dominist' and 'religious nut'.

The task for those of us who DON'T want Obama for a second four years is to speak the truth every time the leftwing comes up with the exaggerations and inferred lies about all GOP candidates until we figure out which one we want to win the nomination. Once we have a nominee we will also need to be stomping on the lies because they will attempt to destroy him. I'm pretty sure the only reason right now the Left is not attacking Romney and is attacking Perry is because Perry is perceived as the greater threat.

328.jpg

Dont know about the other stuff but you forgot Amnesty and forced vaccinations against venereal warts for 9 year olds. That aside, Perry will do anything to save his political ass so maybe he wont be so bad.

A little harsh on Romney I think. Let's face it, they both LOOK like pretty boy snobs, but Romney more so than Perry. They both redeem themselves when they speak, however, but Perry more so than Romney. That means on the likability meter, Perry probabnly has the edge. But even though Romney is from a pretty off the beaten path and fantical religious faith, it is Perry that is branded the 'dominist' and 'religious nut'.

The task for those of us who DON'T want Obama for a second four years is to speak the truth every time the leftwing comes up with the exaggerations and inferred lies about all GOP candidates until we figure out which one we want to win the nomination. Once we have a nominee we will also need to be stomping on the lies because they will attempt to destroy him. I'm pretty sure the only reason right now the Left is not attacking Romney and is attacking Perry is because Perry is perceived as the greater threat.

Not sure I want Romney to "connect" with me...
mitt1.bmp.jpg

328.jpg

Dont know about the other stuff but you forgot Amnesty and forced vaccinations against venereal warts for 9 year olds. That aside, Perry will do anything to save his political ass so maybe he wont be so bad.

When did Perry advocate amnesty, you lying sack of goat shit?

Keep ypur pet names for your mom to your self. He promotes amnesty through inaction. An act you advocated in another thread you rhino.

A little harsh on Romney I think. .

Actually, that was a little harsh on the weird Mormon Robot.

In fact, I had a weird Mormon Robot show up at my door once, "I think it is harsh to compare me to Romney-0000 Click-whirrr-click- 00000 Would you like to hear about another testament of Jesus Christ?"

Let's face it, they both LOOK like pretty boy snobs, but Romney more so than Perry. They both redeem themselves when they speak, however, but Perry more so than Romney. That means on the likability meter, Perry probabnly has the edge. But even though Romney is from a pretty off the beaten path and fantical religious faith, it is Perry that is branded the 'dominist' and 'religious nut'.

Well, you see, that's their ace in the hole. They know that a Romney candidacy will do what the Democrats have always wanted. to drive a wedge between the evangelicals and the Republican Party. So they won't touch his religion at this point.

Once Romney secures the nomination, you are going to hear all about the various flavors of LDS weirdness. In fact, "Weird" is going to be a code-word for "Mormon'.

I also don't think Perry looks like a "snob". The guy strikes me as being very down to earth, a guy who grew up from humble roots and really made something of himself, unlike Romney who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

I agree with that, but I think there's more to it than that.

I think there are a lot of folks on the left who see Obama as a dead man walking. Nobody gets re-elected with 9% unemployment, a 38% approval rating, and so on. So at a certain point, leftists have to be thinking, "If we are going to get a Republican regardless, who can we live with.... Hmmmm. John Huntsman. Yeah. John Huntsman. Oh, wait, no he's not getting any traction. Well, I guess we can live with Romney."

Forum List

Back