People Can Now Carry Guns Without A License In Half Of America's States

So what evidence do you need and to what claim? Google is your friend you know.

So what nation is more multicultural than ours and has a lower murder rate? Because I've had this debate with others like you, and they always refer to countries in Europe and Japan. And, because these people have no way to defend themselves, they also suffer higher crime rates in other categories than we do as well. And when I speak of multiculturism, I mean people of color.
It's an easy Google search to see who fills the prisons in these multicultural meccas, and for the violent crimes, and sexual assaults. Guns or not. Guns aren't the common denominator in this attempted reference...

Our state went that way last year and I'm against it. I don't want people with no training or testing out on the streets with guns.

Testing? You mean people should need to demonstrate proficiency to execute a civil right? Then maybe we should require training and testing of people on political issues before allowing them to vote!

Absolutely understandable. Kids raised in homes where honestly is not some option but a way of life, being responsible for words and actions is expected, and learning about the importance of safety when it comes to handling guns results in a safer community. Those with criminal mindsets will never fit in, and they don’t. You find these types running amuck in places that have allowed/enabled crime to flourish. We all know the prime areas of criminals running the place.

Yes, very well said.

Thank you.

Testing? You mean people should need to demonstrate proficiency to execute a civil right? Then maybe we should require training and testing of people on political issues before allowing them to vote!

Next thing you know, they'll expect you to ask for written permission to use a screwdriver, and you'll have to go to the Home Depot to have your screwdriver skills verified.

Nope.

It works very well in my small Midwest farming town where children grow up looking forward to their first firearm at age 10 or 12, and excited about joining shooting clubs in high school and being taught firearms safety by their fathers almost from birth.

It used to work well in the bigger population centers until they started filling them with refugees and illegal invaders and turning them into ghettos.

The first suspicion has to be the fact that we have so many guns, with such easy access to them. It's the one thing that I can think of that we have, that none of the others do.
This is also supported by the other tendency I mentioned, that our firearm mortality tends to be highest in States with loose gun laws.

Other nations have size, density, wealth, diversity, resources, government types, and similar and very different cultures and histories. There's high population, but that is dismissed because homicides are measured in rates per X amount of people, rather than absolute numbers.

Can you think of anything else?

You have to then explain why it is that White Americans have more guns, carry more guns, but commit less gun murder. Black Americans own fewer guns, carry fewer guns but 7% of them, young black males, commit over 50% of all gun murder in the U.S.

You have to explain that according to your theory........

Care to try?

Next.....

Europe, between 1969-1945 murdered 15 million innocent men, women and children.

6 years.

In the U.S., our entire gun murder number is around 2,460,000.....for our entire 246 year history.......

You have to explain why it is that as you accuse the U.S. of being more violent, Europe murdered more people than our criminals have....

You then have to explain how it is that Russia murdered 25 million people...more people than have been murdered with guns than in our entire 246 year history.....

China murdered 70 million people ......

Dittos Japan, a country that murdered 3 million people in about 10 years .........

So those other countries are far more violent than our country is....they just have their governments murdering the people instead of criminals...

You can't sit there and call out America for 246 years of gun murder when the countries you praise have murdered more people than we could imagine killing..........

I wish we could. We would certainly end up with better results. When you go out into the public with a dangerous deadly weapon, yes, I think you should be tested for the safety of the public. I see nothing wrong with that and no violation of rights. We make sure people have drivers licenses to drive. Why? Because of the safety of the public. And no, don't bring up that driving is not a constitutional right either because that's not the point I'm making.

I wish we could. We would certainly end up with better results. When you go out into the public with a dangerous deadly weapon, yes, I think you should be tested for the safety of the public. I see nothing wrong with that and no violation of rights. We make sure people have drivers licenses to drive. Why? Because of the safety of the public. And no, don't bring up that driving is not a constitutional right either because that's not the point I'm making.

I agree. Buying the gun should come with training, when I bought my first handgun, I took lessons from a US Marshall. But you can't bar someone from owning a gun just because they're not a crack shot.

I agree. Buying the gun should come with training, when I bought my first handgun, I took lessons from a US Marshall. But you can't bar someone from owning a gun just because they're not a crack shot.

No, I didn't say that. I don't think you should have to do anything to buy a gun. If you're in your own home with a gun, you can't harm anybody but yourself or perhaps another inside that house. Outside your house where I'm at or one of my loved ones, I would like to be assured you can use the thing.

No, I didn't say that. I don't think you should have to do anything to buy a gun. If you're in your own home with a gun, you can't harm anybody but yourself or perhaps another inside that house. Outside your house where I'm at or one of my loved ones, I would like to be assured you can use the thing.
My issue here is reasonably simple:
We have the right to carry a gun. This right is protected by the constitution.
While it is obviously better for people to be trained than not, I take issue with the idea we should / need to require this training and then require someone to pass a test over said training - as a condition for the exercise of a right protected by the constitution.

Last edited:
My issue here is reasonably simple:
We have the right to carry a gun. This right is protected by the constitution.
While it is obviously better for people to be trained than not, I take issue with the idea we should / need to require this training and then require someone to pass a test over said training - as a condition for the exercise of a right protected by the constitution.

If there were another way to do it I'd like to know what that is. Unfortunately that is the only way to assure people those who are legally carrying a weapon do know how to use it. And you know from my posts in the past how anti-government I am.

Do what they've always done, get the training and get a license to carry a gun. Crime in my suburb is what got me to do it.
Nope. I've owned firearms for over 40 years and served in the Army I've fired everything from a .22 caliber pistol to a heavy machine gun. I'm more experienced with firearms than the majority of LEO's. I refuse to be licensed.

If there were another way to do it I'd like to know what that is. Unfortunately that is the only way to assure people those who are legally carrying a weapon do know how to use it.
Like with the exercise of every other right, we presume people will exercise their due dillegence.
Most people do.
And you know from my posts in the past how anti-government I am.
Correct.

Like with the exercise of every other right, we presume people will exercise their due dillegence.
Most people do.

Correct.

And, sorry, the democrats will use any inch given on training requirements to ban access to guns through extreme levels of training requirements….we all know this….we aren’t the problem here, they are.

Ray……you assume they would just use training requirements for carrying guns in public……you give them the argument in carrying them in public and they will move to mandate it for ownership as well……..how can you say you only would need training to carry in public when the mere ownership of the gun would allow you to carry that gun in public at any time….so they will demand universal training requirements at the federal level……as simply “common sense.”

They are the problem, not us…….we know who they are, we know what they want………..and no, training requirements can’t be allowed.

Obviously by my avatar I'm for as many law abiding citizens carrying firearms if they desire, but what I don't like is them doing so without knowing WTF they are doing with a gun.
So then you think that having to pay for gun safety training should be a requirement of exercising second amendment rights?

So then you think that having to pay for gun safety training should be a requirement of exercising second amendment rights?

I addressed that several times already. That right has already had exceptions to it and always did. They banned so-called assault rifles. Some states have a maximum magazine size. We still don't allow felons to be in possession of a gun. Felons are Americans as well with constitutional rights. In some states it's still near impossible to get a CCW license due to costs and many hurdles.

I don't see having to prove you are safe with a gun in public is any different.

And, sorry, the democrats will use any inch given on training requirements to ban access to guns through extreme levels of training requirements….we all know this….we aren’t the problem here, they are.

Ray……you assume they would just use training requirements for carrying guns in public……you give them the argument in carrying them in public and they will move to mandate it for ownership as well……..how can you say you only would need training to carry in public when the mere ownership of the gun would allow you to carry that gun in public at any time….so they will demand universal training requirements at the federal level……as simply “common sense.”

They are the problem, not us…….we know who they are, we know what they want………..and no, training requirements can’t be allowed.

It already is allowed. That's what CCW's are all about.

I addressed that several times already. That right has already had exceptions to it and always did. They banned so-called assault rifles. Some states have a maximum magazine size. We still don't allow felons to be in possession of a gun. Felons are Americans as well with constitutional rights. In some states it's still near impossible to get a CCW license due to costs and many hurdles.

I don't see having to prove you are safe with a gun in public is any different.
Cool so then we can apply the same pay schedule to ALL rights and you'd have no problem with that.

Didn't pay for your 4th Amendment class and permit then you can have your home. person and property searched anytime for any reason

Cool so then we can apply the same pay schedule to ALL rights and you'd have no problem with that.

Didn't pay for your 4th Amendment class and permit then you can have your home. person and property searched anytime for any reason

Ridiculous. Try apples to apples sometime. The courts already ruled that the 2nd can come with oversight and exceptions. Argue that with them.

Ridiculous. Try apples to apples sometime. The courts already ruled that the 2nd can come with oversight and exceptions. Argue that with them.
It is completely valid.

A right is a right and there is no right that is more important than another.

The Supreme Court also ruled that requiring payment to exercise rights is unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back