People are calling for Calexit after Trump victory

People in California are calling for a 'Calexit' from the US in the wake of Trump's win

Oh now that is something I can get behind! Absolutely! I prefer to have Arizona and Nevada are the west coast....Imagine Vegas and the Mountains all along a coastline!?
Give Cali to Mexico and the northeast to the Canada...

Haha and give up all the Pacific sea ports, including naval bases. Yep, that would be a smart Trump plan.

Yeah, like Putin did to Crimea.

Annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation - Wikipedia

That would also cut off Alaska and Hawaii from the rest of the US, that they would probably be gone too, eventually.

Even if California sceded, we would still have the states of Washington and Oregon to give us more than enough access to the Pacific Ocean and Alaska.
I would assume Washington and Oregon would join as well.

However, if done in a peaceful manner, there could be an accord to allow the United States to still have military bases there.

Reasons why Trump would be for it:
1. Weakens the US and helps Russia become more powerful.
2. Gets rid of the liberal voters who would vote against him.

Reasons why Trump would oppose it:
1. Congress and the Supreme Court would not allow it. (He would have no choice, really.)
2. He wouldn't mind a little military action against his enemies, plus it would also weaken the US and help his Russian allies.

Alaskan's have joked about leaving the US for ages because it feels like a totally different country up here.

It's never been more than a joke, we're US military, holding the Pacific line is something our residents take seriously.

That would also cut off Alaska and Hawaii from the rest of the US, that they would probably be gone too, eventually.

Even if California sceded, we would still have the states of Washington and Oregon to give us more than enough access to the Pacific Ocean and Alaska.

Yeah well since you are probably not going to respond to my last post I'll go ahead and share something with you. Despite California providing the most Federal taxes of all 50 states, they are the 46th, yes, 46th least dependent state on Federal tax dollars.

2016’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States

The ones most dependent? Yeah those would be a bunch of the southern red states that all voted Trump, whom are going to get a rude awakening when Trump cuts funding to them.

If that's the way you want to play it, try this. Stick California up your ass. It's mostly desert anyway. And they're just as bankrupt as the rest of the U.S. There are three things that give them a leg up financially. One is cheap illegal mexican labor. Another is growing crops when it is too cold in most of the U.S. The third is as import sites for the foreign goods that have destroyed most of the manufacturing jobs in the rest of the U.S. Yeah they do so good in part at the expense of the rest of the country. They and you should be proud.

Haha...that is the best you can come up with when proven wrong? You would have been better off just not responding.

I gave you the reasons why California does so well. You can either like it, or lump it.

People in California are calling for a 'Calexit' from the US in the wake of Trump's win

Oh now that is something I can get behind! Absolutely! I prefer to have Arizona and Nevada are the west coast....Imagine Vegas and the Mountains all along a coastline!?

I'm all for taking the lower half of California and just giving it to Mexico. That's basically what it is anyway. All we have to do is extend the border wall some. See how they like gringos then.

You GRASP that the lower half is the conservative half. the nut jobs are in the Bay area, right?

Riverside and Orange Counties both went for Trump.

I would assume Washington and Oregon would join as well.

However, if done in a peaceful manner, there could be an accord to allow the United States to still have military bases there.

Reasons why Trump would be for it:
1. Weakens the US and helps Russia become more powerful.
2. Gets rid of the liberal voters who would vote against him.

Reasons why Trump would oppose it:
1. Congress and the Supreme Court would not allow it. (He would have no choice, really.)
2. He wouldn't mind a little military action against his enemies, plus it would also weaken the US and help his Russian allies.

You are goofy.

Ah, Communists/Progressives are cowards and liars. They never come through on their promises. I've been waiting for em all to leave since the first Reagan win. They promised to immediately leave the country if he won. Still hasn't happened. They lie. It is what it is.

I've got a better idea, just take away citizenship of all those losers who support this, and deport them to Mexico.

If that's the way you want to play it, try this. Stick California up your ass. It's mostly desert anyway. And they're just as bankrupt as the rest of the U.S. There are three things that give them a leg up financially. One is cheap illegal mexican labor. Another is growing crops when it is too cold in most of the U.S. The third is as import sites for the foreign goods that have destroyed most of the manufacturing jobs in the rest of the U.S. Yeah they do so good in part at the expense of the rest of the country. They and you should be proud.

Your third point has some truth, but the major factor is Silicone Valley. The post of Los Angeles and San Francisco are certainly important factors, but it is the Software giants that make the state succeed.

Now think about the speed with which we are giving our technology jobs to India, and figure what the LONG TERM prospect for the state is.

That sad, biotechnology is a growing field and could be centered in California.

Farming is dead, Brown and the Sacramento Communists have attacked the central valley and turned it into a dust bowl.

Forum List

Back