What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pennsylvania Election Day Plagued By Confusion Over State's Blocked Voter ID Law

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score
WASHINGTON -- In October, a Pennsylvania judge blocked the state from implementing its voter ID law in time for the 2012 elections. But his opinion was complicated: Election officials are allowed to ask voters to show photo ID, but they can't require them to do so in order to cast a ballot. And now, on Election Day, that ruling is causing significant confusion among both voters and poll workers.

"The state did a horrible job about educating voters about what the ID requirements were for this election," said Marcia Johnson-Blanco with the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights. "What we find today is that voters are showing up at the polls and in many precincts -- far too many -- they're either being turned away because they don't have the ID, or they're being asked to vote with a provisional ballot, which is not what the law requires."

More: Pennsylvania Election Day Plagued By Confusion Over State's Blocked Voter ID Law

Conservative

Type 40
Reaction score
there was no confusion on this at my polling place. They asked for my ID, but told mne I was not required to show it if I did not want to.

Of course I showed it to make sure my vote was incontestable.

OP
Lakhota

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score
there was no confusion on this at my polling place. They asked for my ID, but told mne I was not required to show it if I did not want to.

Consider yourself lucky. I assume you're white...

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Si modo

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Consider yourself lucky. I assume you're white...
^^^^ From the racist and anti-semite itself.

I love irony.

OP
Lakhota

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount