Pelosi: Congress Needs to 'Keep the Door Open' to Second Stimulus Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't ever live off of a credit card. (mine are zero'd out every month). I hate when my government does. I'm ticked off totally that the horrible stewardship of the last administration requires this type of intervention. But I also believe, unlike you, that it does require that type of investment. Should we be monitoring (unlike the last admin) where the money goes and how it is used? Absolutely. But we should use the opportunity and the need for the spending to rebuild our infrastructure. I'm not seeing enough of that.

A great big thumbs up on your demonstration of Conservative values!

BTW, the best President as a recession-fighter was Harding:
"One of Harding's campaign slogans was "less government in business," and it served him well. Harding embraced the advice of Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon and called for tax cuts in his first message to Congress on April 12, 1921. The highest taxes, on corporate revenues and "excess" profits, were to be cut. Personal income taxes were to be left as is, with a top rate of 8 percent of incomes above $4,000. Harding recognized the crucial importance of encouraging the investment that is essential for growth and jobs, something that FDR never did."
N-Philes :: Forums - View Single Post - The not-so-great depression of 1920-21

As to your question? It took Bush and the boys eight years to create this mess. Do you think it's going to be fixed in a month and a half?

Seems it takes a while for you to drop the Dem talking points.

Democrat policy is responsible for the "mess." Risky loans, giving unwarrented mortgages, and a bogus "equality." Fannie and Freddie would never have existed under Conservative policies.

Check it out:

IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- Let The Inquisition Start With Frank

“Rescue” Plan from a Healthy Bank’s Perspective « South Carolina Conservative

TheHill.com - Phony mortgage plan

Japan just came out with the need for a stimulus bill.

They couldn't put all the money they wanted in the bill because of the repub resistance. So yes, we will probably need more to finish the job.

FDR was right and it worked. Obama will be correct and we will get back on the road to recovery that we were kicked off by "He Who's Name We Cannot Mention Anymore":lol:
keep hope alive

HOPE

CHANGE

YES WE CAN

LOL

They couldn't put all the money they wanted in the bill because of the repub resistance. So yes, we will probably need more to finish the job.

FDR was right and it worked. Obama will be correct and we will get back on the road to recovery that we were kicked off by "He Who's Name We Cannot Mention Anymore":lol:

FDR prolonged the depression, and it was WWII that bailed us out. We don't have the money for another one...hell we don't have the money for this one. Ray, show me where borrowing our way out of a recession ever worked, or anywhere that it has worked?
Your just assuming that Obama's plan will work. The markets don't think it will, along with the majority of economists.

This has been posted before, but try to get someone to read it to you:
No less an authority than FDR's Treasury secretary and close friend, Henry Morganthau, conceded this fact to Congressional Democrats in May 1939: "We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong ... somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises ... I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started ... And an enormous debt to boot!"

And, if they have the time, this one:
"Harding had a much better understanding of how an economy works than FDR. As historian Robert K. Murray wrote in The Harding Era, the man who would become our 29th president "always decried high taxes, government waste, and excessive governmental interference in the private sector of the economy. In February 1920, shortly after announcing his candidacy, he advocated a cut in government expenditures and stated that government ought to 'strike the shackles from industry. . . . We need vastly more freedom than we do regulation.' "

It was a much sharper recession than the one we are facing now, and thanks to Harding, ended abruptly.

Forget what FDR, Ronald Regan, Bill Clinton and George Bush Did thats yesterday Obama has to work with the present congress and Look what Nancy has done to California--over run with illegals,highest unemployment, cant use natural resources unless its POT even the movie industry is in trouble..And the Democrats wanted her, judge policies on now not what past Presidents did . She is a complete train wreck and has Obama by the tail I'm not a Obama Lover for sure but hate that this broad is pushing him around.

Soon they will eliminate restrooms in Nancy's state (except hers)

This is all part of the plan to keep unemployment numbers high and retard economic recovery until after the November elections.

This thread is 12 years old. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back