Paul Ryan says Republicans need to focus on 'principles' and not individuals as Trump remains a force in the party

The RINOs are surrounding the wagons.

Except for decades they referred to the Republican Party as the Party of Lincoln.

They did the same to Reagan after he left office, privately bashing Reaganism. That gave us Bush I and Bush II and a whole lot of nothing.

"No party should revolve around a single person," said Ryan, who on Thursday starts the new series sponsored by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute.
Amid GOP election losses and in-fighting over Trump's role, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute – a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the legacy of the nation's 40th president – is sponsoring the project it says is designed "to address critical questions facing the future of the Republican Party."
Ryan, who clashed repeatedly with Trump when both were in office, told USA TODAY that the volatile ex-president is an "enormous force" in American politics and in the Republican Party, but "I think our party will find its greatest success by rallying around principles rather specific people."

lol

Better watch out – the GOP is going to run out of ‘real’ Republicans.
They’re already plumb out. What - Mittens Romney, Susan Collins, Adam Kinzinger & Ben Sasse mebbe? (Scratch Ben ;-)

Except for decades they referred to the Republican Party as the Party of Lincoln.

They did the same to Reagan after he left office, privately bashing Reaganism. That gave us Bush I and Bush II and a whole lot of nothing.

"No party should revolve around a single person," said Ryan, who on Thursday starts the new series sponsored by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute.
Amid GOP election losses and in-fighting over Trump's role, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute – a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the legacy of the nation's 40th president – is sponsoring the project it says is designed "to address critical questions facing the future of the Republican Party."
Ryan, who clashed repeatedly with Trump when both were in office, told USA TODAY that the volatile ex-president is an "enormous force" in American politics and in the Republican Party, but "I think our party will find its greatest success by rallying around principles rather specific people."

Uhh, Reagan gave you Bush 1 and 2... you know Reagan picked Bush as his VP right?!

Ryan on Donnie sycophants: “Flatterers who flock to Mar-a-Lago”

Rump lashes out! :lol:

"Paul Ryan has been a curse to the Republican Party," Trump said as part of a lengthy statement issued Friday by the former president. "He has no clue as to what needs to be done for our Country, was a weak and ineffective leader, and spends all of his time fighting Republicans as opposed to Democrats who are destroying our Country."

Paul Ryan types are the reason the GOP had lost it's position and would have been smoked by Hillary if not for Trump. If Paul Ryan think he has the answers, he should run himself for GOP candidate.
Paul Ryan types are the same folks GOP voters nominated to be president and vice president just 8 years ago.....

View attachment 494585

Now in that short time, GOP voters all claim to hate the last 4 or 5 presidential tickets....

Hell, even the most recent GOP presidential ticket, yall hate the VP for that one too....seems like everything really is boiled down to the worship of one person.....

So yea, focusing on principles instead of individuals would be a great idea....
I take it you conveniently forgot Bob Dull as well.

Forum List

Back