Patti Davis: My father, Ronald Reagan, would never have stood for this

Reagan was a devotee of politics. From the time he started at the Screen Actor's Guild to his time as governor and then president, he was a student of politics. He was not a blatant amateur like Trump. Unlike Trump, Reagan truly did hire some of the best people in the business. Reagan knew how to deal with the press. He did not have thin skin and dealt with them deftly. Who could forget his bantering with Helen Thomas.

Reagan had defined values and kept to those values. I may not have agreed with all of them, but he was consistent.

If Reagan were around today he would be considered a RINO or worse in their eyes. That is how far Republicanism has deviated from its modern foundations.

Give an example of what Trump did that would have been considered "RINO" today

Trillions in deficit spending - Need more?

Sorry, my bad. I meant to ask:

Give an example of what Reagan did that would have been considered "RINO" today

Reagan was a devotee of politics. From the time he started at the Screen Actor's Guild to his time as governor and then president, he was a student of politics. He was not a blatant amateur like Trump. Unlike Trump, Reagan truly did hire some of the best people in the business. Reagan knew how to deal with the press. He did not have thin skin and dealt with them deftly. Who could forget his bantering with Helen Thomas.

Reagan had defined values and kept to those values. I may not have agreed with all of them, but he was consistent.

If Reagan were around today he would be considered a RINO or worse in their eyes. That is how far Republicanism has deviated from its modern foundations.

Reagan Would Fail "Purity Test" Proposed for GOP

OMG, another lying Marxist who used to be a Republican. Why do you idiots waste your time with that stupid shit? No one believes you

No - I was a Reagan Democrat. I am now an Independent and didn't vote for Hillary.

So what turned you on to Marxism between Reagan and now?

I'm not a Marxist - Any more questions or dumb assumptions Trumpling?

Reagan Would Fail "Purity Test" Proposed for GOP

Exactly, so you don't know. You support answers with links, providing a link as your answer is just what someone else thinks, not what you do

Patti speaking for her father is amusing. Her father thought she was a flake, as she thought him. Same for twinkle-toed Lil' Ron.

Even the adopted nutbar son says his Pop wouldn't have voted for Emperor Drumpf :)

Michael Reagan explains why his father wouldn't have voted for Trump - CNNPolitics

So he says. But he's a NeverTrumper, a Kasich supporter, and so it's expected.

Sure - SURE he was :D

MICHAEL REAGAN: I’m still cheering for Trump

michael reagan endorses kasich - Yahoo Search Results

OMG, another lying Marxist who used to be a Republican. Why do you idiots waste your time with that stupid shit? No one believes you

No - I was a Reagan Democrat. I am now an Independent and didn't vote for Hillary.

Gotcha. You're not an actual Marxist, you just play one on message boards

Patti speaking for her father is amusing. Her father thought she was a flake, as she thought him. Same for twinkle-toed Lil' Ron.

Even the adopted nutbar son says his Pop wouldn't have voted for Emperor Drumpf :)

Michael Reagan explains why his father wouldn't have voted for Trump - CNNPolitics

So he says. But he's a NeverTrumper, a Kasich supporter, and so it's expected.

Sure - SURE he was :D

MICHAEL REAGAN: I’m still cheering for Trump

michael reagan endorses kasich - Yahoo Search Results

Fine - Michael is a converted Trumpkin

So funny. The only way to deal with a bully is let him beat you up all the time, just don't swing back and hope he doesn't hit as hard the next time.

So Reagan never went after the press, and how did that work out for him?
Bush Senior never went after the press, and how did that work out for him?
George junior never went after the press, and how did the work out for him?

Reagan won his second term with among the largest margins in history and left with his legacy largely intact.
Bush Senior lost but not because of the Press, look at a guy named Ross Perot.
George Jr. won two terms. The press had absolutely nothing to do with his legacy. That was pure Bush.

It is only Trump acting like a whiny little autocrat that can't take criticism that viciously attacks the press.

That's not the point. The point is that the MSM is an extension of the Democrat party and will always go after Republicans regardless how they treat the press. It never made sense to me why any Republican didn't punch back. It's one of the things I like about Trump.

His actual standing up up the press Politburo is one of my favorite things about him. They have ruled long enough. And they arent fit to rule as evidenced by their conniption fit of hatred when faced with a man who wont bow to them.

And you just have to love the left. Any other time Reagan comes up (or they bring him up) he was a scum ball, an idiot, he caused the collapse of the middle-class and was never responsible for the fall of the Soviet Union. Now that his backstabbing kids are talking on his behalf "See! Even Reagan's kids say he wouldn't have approved of Trump!"

Well, if Reagan was such a slime according to the left, what's the message here???

My first two votes were for Reagan for president.

Of the Screen Actor's Guild?

:auiqs.jpg:

So funny. The only way to deal with a bully is let him beat you up all the time, just don't swing back and hope he doesn't hit as hard the next time.

So Reagan never went after the press, and how did that work out for him?
Bush Senior never went after the press, and how did that work out for him?
George junior never went after the press, and how did the work out for him?

Reagan won his second term with among the largest margins in history and left with his legacy largely intact.
George Jr. won two terms. The press had absolutely nothing to do with his legacy. That was pure Bush.

It is only Trump acting like a whiny little autocrat that can't take criticism that viciously attacks the press.

That's not the point. The point is that the MSM is an extension of the Democrat party and will always go after Republicans regardless how they treat the press. It never made sense to me why any Republican didn't punch back. It's one of the things I like about Trump.

His actual standing up up the press Politburo is one of my favorite things about him. They have ruled long enough. And they arent fit to rule as evidenced by their conniption fit of hatred when faced with a man who wont bow to them.

And you just have to love the left. Any other time Reagan comes up (or they bring him up) he was a scum ball, an idiot, he caused the collapse of the middle-class and was never responsible for the fall of the Soviet Union. Now that his backstabbing kids are talking on his behalf "See! Even Reagan's kids say he wouldn't have approved of Trump!"

Well, if Reagan was such a slime according to the left, what's the message here???

Your Dotard is no Ronald Reagan.

I never made the comparison between Trump and Reagan. But for somebody to say what Reagan would have said today is outrageous. Nobody knows given the current political environment what he would have thought.

The Eleventh Commandment (Ronald Reagan) - Wikipedia

We should take a poll. How many USMB members who constantly spew leftist crap are not really Democrats. :21::21:

Nope, 1980 was first time I was of age to vote in a presidential election. Repeated my vote in 1984.

Being a California native, also knew him to be a pretty good governor. Did I agree with him about everything? No - Hated his apathy toward the environment, but the man had dignity, compassion, humor, and grace.

Things your Orange Clown lacks entirely.

We should take a poll. How many USMB members who constantly spew leftist crap are not really Democrats. :21::21:

Trumplings such as yourself are NOT "conservatives". Embrace it.

Nope, 1980 was first time I was of age to vote in a presidential election. Repeated my vote in 1984.

Being a California native, also knew him to be a pretty good governor. Did I agree with him about everything? No - Hated his apathy toward the environment, but the man had dignity, compassion, humor, and grace.

Things your Orange Clown lacks entirely.

And yet, he is just as effective. Perhaps more so. Time will tell.

And yet, he is just as effective. Perhaps more so. Time will tell.

Nonsense - Donald Trump will be ranked by presidential scholars as THE worst POTUS.
Hell - He already is!

Donald Trump is America's worst president, says a New York Times opinion piece that's based on a survey of 170 members of the American Political Science Association’s Presidents and Executive Politics section.

The survey was conducted by Brandon Rottinghaus, a professor of political science at the University of Houston, and Justin S. Vaughn, an associate professor of political science and director of the Center for Idaho History and Politics at Boise State University.​

History experts in New York Times op-ed: Trump worst president ever, Obama in top 10

Thankfully, he will be a one-termer - IF that.

me
42% of American voters are Independents

It's amazing how there are barely any actual Democrats anywhere. Yet somehow, the party is there

Forum List

Back