Patagonia Cut Ties With A Wyoming Ski Resort After The Owner Hosted A GOP Fundraiser Featuring Rep. marjorie taylor greene And Other trump Supporters

Big businesses are pretty petty these days.

But it's their call.

If possible I go out my way to not use companies that promote LGBTQ and BLM so I can't talk I suppose but the difference is I'm 1 man, 1 consumer - not a big company that needs to attract business from everyone out there.

Patagonia is a big sporting goods business.

I agree with them. I wouldn't want to sell my products in a place that is so divisive and promotes people who don't care about the environment.

Thanks for the info. Patagonia just joined the list of over-priced woke companies that don't want my money. I am more than happy to oblige--and WY isn't the only place I ski.

I agree with them. I wouldn't want to sell my products in a place that is so divisive and promotes people who don't care about the environment.

Correct.

Private companies have the right to participate in political debate and discourse, as the Supreme Court reaffirmed in Citizens United.

Interesting. If a company refuses to do business with democrats would that be accepted?

“Patagonia is known for its commitment to environmental activism. Green, Jordan, and Meadows have a history of denying or downplaying climate change, as well as supporting former president Donald Trump's false claims of election fraud.” ibid

And Trump’s reckless, irresponsible, and wrongheaded policies hostile to environmental protection.

So glad Trump is gone.

1629572752148.png

Who or what is Patagonia?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

“Patagonia is known for its commitment to environmental activism. Green, Jordan, and Meadows have a history of denying or downplaying climate change, as well as supporting former president Donald Trump's false claims of election fraud.” ibid

And Trump’s reckless, irresponsible, and wrongheaded policies hostile to environmental protection.

So glad Trump is gone.
Patagonia is just another BS woke company that makes their shit in China. Real responsible manufacturing.

Correct.

Private companies have the right to participate in political debate and discourse, as the Supreme Court reaffirmed in Citizens United.

They are an outdoors sporting goods company.

They have promoted the environment for years.

It makes sense for them to not want to be associated with people who work so hard against the environment and all the good work Patagonia has done with the environment.

This is from their Wiki Page, so it doesn't surprise me at all they pulled their business from the resorts in Wyoming:

Patagonia considers itself an "activist company".[19] In 2017, the company was recognized for its innovative family/maternity leave policies.[20]

Environmental[edit]​

Patagonia commits 1% of its total sales to environmental groups, since 1985 through One Percent for the Planet, an organization of which Yvon Chouinard was a founding member.[21] In 2015, the firm launched Common Threads Partnership, an online auction-style platform that facilitated direct sales of used Patagonia clothing.[22][23] In 2016, Patagonia pledged to contribute 100% of sales from Black Friday to environmental organizations, totaling $10m.[24] In June 2018, the company announced that it would donate the $10 million it received from President Trump's 2017 tax cuts to "groups committed to protecting air, land and water and finding solutions to the climate crisis."[21]

In 2012, Patagonia became a Certified B Corporation.[25] The company was the first to be registered as a benefit corporation in the State of California, after the California Corporations Code were revised setting new specific requirements.[26] The firm also aims to become carbon neutral by 2025.[27]

Politics and land preservation[edit]​

In February 2017, Patagonia led a boycott of the Outdoor Retailer trade show, which traditionally took place in Salt Lake City, Utah, because of the Utah state legislature's introduction of legislation that would transfer federal lands to the state. Patagonia also opposed Utah Governor Gary Herbert's request that the Trump administration revoke the recently designated Bears Ears National Monument in southern Utah. After several companies joined the Patagonia-led boycott, event organizer Emerald Expositions said it would not accept a proposal from Utah to continue hosting the Outdoor Retailer trade show and would instead move the event to another state.[28]

On December 6, 2017, Patagonia sued the United States Government and President Donald Trump for his proclamations of reducing the protected land of Bears Ears National Monument by 85% and the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument by almost 50%.[29] Patagonia is suing over the interpretation of the Property Clause of the U.S. Constitution in which the country vests Congress with the power to manage federal lands. The company's then-CEO, Rose Marcario, contends that when Congress passed the Antiquities Act of 1906, it did not give any president the power to reverse a prior president's monument designations.[30][31]

On April 5, 2021, Patagonia pledged to donate $1 million to groups working to activists groups working to challenge the passed laws in Georgia and support voting registration efforts.[32]

Facebook ad boycott[edit]​

In July 2020, Patagonia suspended its advertising on Facebook and Facebook's photo-sharing app, Instagram, making it the latest company to enter a U.S. civil rights boycott movement. This was done as part of the Stop Hate for Profit campaign, which several U.S. civil rights organizations launched who said the social network was doing too little to curb hate speech on its sites.[33]

Forum List

Back