Pat Robertson, WHAT A MORON

Bonnie said:
Right, the host in the Catholic church once blessed is Christ's body

Yup saints are not to be prayed to including Mary, no rosaries....

Penance.... your right as far as I know

Also the way in which the end times are believed to come about... Christians believe in the Rapture and the Anti Christ, Catholics believe in a last ditch mass enlightenment by God to allow everyone to see their sins followed by signs of Christs coming such as the sun dancing in the sky, and time for everyone to repent, if enough people do heaven on earth happens, no disease, no death, we get beautiful bodies and youth for 1000 thousand years, at which point we ascend to heaven, the earth is finally destroyed, and Mary squishes Lucifers head once and for all. If we dont' repent, apocolapyse, fire, chastisement, then 1000 years of eutopian earth to his believers, followed by heaven.

That's my Readers Digest version..LOL

I don't think Protestants evil, wish they did the same with Catholics:

http://www.catholicleague.org/04press_releases/quarter1/040303_700club.htm
March 3, 2004

PAT ROBERTSON LECTURES CATHOLIC CHURCH

On “The 700 Club” today, TV evangelist Pat Robertson ran a segment on celibacy in the Catholic Church. Invited to appear with Robertson was therapist A.W. Richard Sipe. Sipe used the occasion of the latest report on sexual abuse by priests to challenge the wisdom of celibacy. Responding to what was said is Catholic League president William Donohue:

“With great delight did the embittered ex-priest, Richard Sipe, inform his new friend Pat Robertson that the Catholic Church was more corrupt today than at any time since the Reformation. Enthralled by the figure of 4 percent of priests accused of molesting minors since 1950, Sipe failed to mention the results of national surveys taken by Christian Ministry Resources in 2002. The Christian Science Monitor summed up the surveys’ conclusion as follows: ‘Despite headlines focusing on the priest pedophile problem in the Roman Catholic Church, most American churches being hit with child sexual-abuse allegations are Protestant….’ But don’t look for the founder of the Christian Coalition to do a show on these findings.

“According to Sipe, only 10 percent of priests are celibate. How did he arrive at this figure? Sipe, who calls his work ‘guerrilla research’ (meaning he uses anecdotes given to him in his role as shrink), defines violations of celibacy to include ‘sexual thoughts and desires.’ The wonder is why there are as many as 10 percent of priests who have never experienced such desires. And what is going to happen to the 90 percent who are guilty? They’re going straight to Hell: ‘You see,’ Sipe says, ‘one thing about the Catholic teaching is that every sexual thought, or desire, or action, is mortally sinful. Every action, no matter how small, no matter how nuanced, will send a person directly to Hell.’ This suggests either profound ignorance of Catholicism or calculated malice. By the way, Robertson’s gullibility on this matter is truly revealing.

“Robertson closes with, ‘We’re not trying to point any fingers, obviously, but it’s something that we’d like our Catholic brothers and sisters to do something about for their own good.’ For his own good, Robertson ought to stop with the lectures and start fixing the problems in his own house. Not that we’re trying to point any fingers. Obviously!”

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...ertson+Catholic+Church&hl=en&client=firefox-a

On some Protestants that see Robertson as too 'pro-Catholic'

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...ertson+Catholic+Church&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Billy Graham was the original 'anti-Catholic' Protestant preacher, Robertson is following in his footsteps, going over to the enemy/money:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...billy+graham+catholics&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Abbey Normal said:
That which binds us is far greater than that which separates us.

-Abbey Normal, 2006
Great sen†iment Abbey, hope all will jump on that bandwagon.

Originally Posted by Abbey Normal
That which binds us is far greater than that which separates us.

-Abbey Normal, 2006

Great sen†iment Abbey, hope all will jump on that bandwagon.

Thanks, Kath. Do you recall the Ulster Project in the 70's-80's run by Pacem en Terris? It brought here from Ireland two boys at a time, one Catholic, one Protestant, to live with US families. The idea being that, once the boys were far away from the troubles in Ireland, in a strange place, they would see that they have much more in common with each other than they ever imagined.

MissileMan said:
I would expect a lifetime enemy of Israel to make an insensitive comment like he did, though I don't condone it. For a supposedly intelligent Christian leader to keep stepping on his schlong when he opens his mouth is sad.

So you give your support to those who speak out against a Christian leader giving his interpretation of scripture regarding Israel, and let off the hook a "lifetime enemy of Israel" for his menacing comments? If they're going to give press coverage to Robertson's remarks, then certainly the Iran leader should not be overlooked simply because he is a "lifetime enemy of Israel". If those who make up the MSM are such lovers of peace, why wasn't the leader of Iran their object of scorn rather than Robertson? To me, his words were far more threatening to world peace than what Robertson said.

Abbey Normal said:
Thanks, Kath. Do you recall the Ulster Project in the 70's-80's run by Pacem en Terris? It brought here from Ireland two boys, one Catholic, one Protestant, to live with US families. The idea being that, once the boys were far away from the troubles in Ireland, in a strange place, they would see that they have much more in common with each other than they ever imagined.

I do remember that. Would be interesting to see how they feel today.

Adam's Apple said:
So you give your support to those who speak out against a Christian leader giving his interpretation of scripture regarding Israel, and let off the hook a "lifetime enemy of Israel" for his menacing comments? If they're going to give press coverage to Robertson's remarks, then certainly the Iran leader should not be overlooked simply because he is a "lifetime enemy of Israel". If those who make up the MSM are such lovers of peace, why wasn't the leader of Iran their object of scorn rather than Robertson? To me, his words were far more threatening to world peace than what Robertson said.

1. I already stated that I feel the Iranian leader's comments were inapproriate
2. There was press coverage of the Iranian leader's comments as well as Robertson's
3. It's not the job of the press in reporting news to scorn anyone. Scorn should be reserved for the editorial page.
4. The fact that Robertson's words weren't as large a threat to Middle Eastern stability doesn't excuse him.

Kathianne said:
I do remember that. Would be interesting to see how they feel today.

Here is one commentary from the Ulster Project site itself. Hoepfully not painting an unrealistically rosy picture...

"Positive changes:

Parents of the Project youth have crossed sectarian lines in safety to work cooperatively on behalf of the Project.

The youth themselves have been able to maintain their friendships with the support of the churches and neighborhood communities. Their influence extends to a large peer group, as well as their extended families.

Over 6,100 youth from Northern Ireland have participated overall through the end of the 2002 Project, and, to our knowledge, none has ever become paramilitary on either side. Moreover, the number of graduates from Northern Ireland is increasing by about 400 each year. There have been visits by American participants to the “paired” Northern Irish community of their city, confirming the continuing cross community association there, which the clergy, civic leaders and citizens have found so helpful in reducing violence."

Abbey Normal said:
Here is one commentary from the Ulster Project site itself. Hoepfully not painting an unrealistically rosy picture...

"Positive changes:

Parents of the Project youth have crossed sectarian lines in safety to work cooperatively on behalf of the Project.

The youth themselves have been able to maintain their friendships with the support of the churches and neighborhood communities. Their influence extends to a large peer group, as well as their extended families.

Over 6,100 youth from Northern Ireland have participated overall through the end of the 2002 Project, and, to our knowledge, none has ever become paramilitary on either side. Moreover, the number of graduates from Northern Ireland is increasing by about 400 each year. There have been visits by American participants to the “paired” Northern Irish community of their city, confirming the continuing cross community association there, which the clergy, civic leaders and citizens have found so helpful in reducing violence."
Ah you know that Ireland has been leading Europe in technology for some years. Their employment figures have been remarkably good. It is a different country now than then too.

MissileMan said:
1. I already stated that I feel the Iranian leader's comments were inapproriate.

They were inappropriate and much more menacing to world peace than anything Pat Robertson said.

2. There was press coverage of the Iranian leader's comments as well as Robertson's

Oh, about 5 minutes to the Iranian leader's ominous remarks, compared to 3 days of non-stop recitations of Robertson's comments on all channels. But I get your point--there WAS coverage of the Iranian leader's remarks. :)

3. It's not the job of the press in reporting news to scorn anyone. Scorn should be reserved for the editorial page.

Ha! Ha! That was a good one! Please pass it along to the NYT, WaPo, LA Times, CNN, CBS, etc. They might be looking for some good ideas on how to improve their coverage/reporting of news.

4. The fact that Robertson's words weren't as large a threat to Middle Eastern stability doesn't excuse him.[/QUOTE]

Robertson's comments were not a threat to anyone, and certainly not to world peace. He pays for his air time, he has a religious program, and he has a right to give his interpretation of current world events in light of Bible prophesy. Why the MSM found his remarks so mind-boggling that they just had to air them to a larger audience is clear: Robertson is a Christian. The only conclusion I can draw is that it must have been a bad day for real news for the MSM. I'll bet the supermarket rags could have come up with a better topic to get people's attention and interest.

Does anyone actually have a quote of what Pat Robertson said? A portion of the trascript of the show, not just one small line taken out of context.

theHawk said:
Does anyone actually have a quote of what Pat Robertson said? A portion of the trascript of the show, not just one small line taken out of context.
Just from a quick google:
Pat Robertson said:
Ladies and Gentlemen I said last year that Israel was entering into the most dangerous periods of its entire existence as a nation. That is intensifying this year with the loss of Sharon. Sharon was personally a very likeable person and I am sad to see him in this condition, but I think we need to look at the Bible and the Book of Joel. The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who “divide my land.” God considers this land to be His. You read the Bible and He says “this is my land” and for any Prime Minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says “no, this is mine.” I had a wonderful meeting with Yitzhak Rabin in 1974. He was tragically assassinated, it was a terrible thing that happened but nevertheless he was dead. And now Ariel Sharon who again was a very likeable person, a delightful person to be with, I prayed with him personally, but here he’s at the point of death. He was dividing God’s land and I would say woe unto any Prime Minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations, or the United States of America. God says “this land belongs to me. You’d better leave it alone.”
Link: (Video of the incident also available here, I believe)

Do Christians believe that the entire planet belongs to God? If so, why doesn't every land developer around the world suffer a stroke from dividing up and distributing parcels of land?

MissileMan said:
Do Christians believe that the entire planet belongs to God? If so, why doesn't every land developer around the world suffer a stroke from dividing up and distributing parcels of land?

Unless I am mistaken, Sharon did not "divide and parcel" land as Robertson intimates. He merely returned land occupied by Israel through various wars, but never recognized officially as part of Israel.

And yes, it's ALL God's land, and we're coming for YOU soon. :tank:

MissileMan said:

well in the US your land belongs to the govt....and if you think i am wrong try and stop paying your property taxes....in hawaii if your land is not fee simple it belongs to the hawiian nation and thus the god pele which creatated it.....

lastly i do not belive that god thinks that she owns the planet.....i would think that she would say that she created it and gave it to you

GunnyL said:
Unless I am mistaken, Sharon did not "divide and parcel" land as Robertson intimates. He merely returned land occupied by Israel through various wars, but never recognized officially as part of Israel.

And yes, it's ALL God's land, and we're coming for YOU soon. :tank:

You'll never take me alive! :teeth:

Some of you might have to think about that one for a bit. ;)

The ClayTaurus said:
Just from a quick google:Link: (Video of the incident also available here, I believe)

Thanks.

Doesn't sound nearly as bad as the media has played it out. All he did was refer to bible text and apply it in a modern context. If people don't like what he says, don't watch his show. Otherwise there is something called free speech. Whats next, start throwing people in jail for quoting the bible?

theHawk said:
Thanks.

Doesn't sound nearly as bad as the media has played it out. All he did was refer to bible text and apply it in a modern context. If people don't like what he says, don't watch his show. Otherwise there is something called free speech. Whats next, start throwing people in jail for quoting the bible?

Was it in The Netherlands a Pastor was jailed for preaching about the sinful and destructive nature of homosexuality?

:(
That'll be in the case in the USA soon enough.

Forum List

Back