"Parts" Luger

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
byf-42
L 002 (2).JPG

I called one of my go-to gun shops to see if he had anything "new" and he said he got in a reblued "parts Luger" and he wanted $400.00 for it so I told him to set it aside for me and drove on over.

When I got there he handed to me and the toggle assembly was just sorta flopping around....And yeah it was refinished. I checked the mags and one was a somewhat rare one so there was about $275 all by it's lonesome so I peeled him off $400.00 and took it home.

I tore it down and noticed right away that the coupling link/pin was missing so I dug into my Luger part box and found what I needed, installed them and it worked just fine. I ran down to my range with a couple mags and test fired it....Worked just fine.....It has a strong bore.

Other than the side plate it was a matching byf-42 (Mauser) Luger. 1942 was the last year for Mauser Luger production, then they concentrated on the P.38.

This was a "no block" being within the first 10K of byf 42 production. The second 10K would have been a-block, the next b-block, and so on....About 113K byf-42 Lugers were produced before Luger production at Mauser ended in about Oct-Nov of '42.

I'm still gonna sell the rarer mag as this Luger is only good for a shooter.....No collector value and I have plenty of run of the mill Luger mags.....I was digging through them and found the properly marked mag for a early "no-block".

Last edited:
I feel you are firmly into the dangerous territory the lefties refer to as "Having Too Many Guns". They have let us all know how dangerous and needless this practice is, and I for one, respect and admire you.

Because of this respect and admiration, I am willing to take however many guns off your hands that is required to get you situated back into the non-dangerous territory I know everyone wishes you to be in.

You are welcome in advance.

I feel you are firmly into the dangerous territory the lefties refer to as "Having Too Many Guns". They have let us all know how dangerous and needless this practice is, and I for one, respect and admire you.

Because of this respect and admiration, I am willing to take however many guns off your hands that is required to get you situated back into the non-dangerous territory I know everyone wishes you to be in.

You are welcome in advance.
Awful white of you. ;)

byf-42
View attachment 745444

I called one of my go-to gun shops to see if he had anything "new" and he said he got in a reblued "parts Luger" and he wanted $400.00 for it so I told him to set it aside for me and drove on over.

When I got there he handed to me and the toggle assembly was just sorta flopping around....And yeah it was refinished. I checked the mags and one was a somewhat rare one so there was about $275 all by it's lonesome so I peeled him off $400.00 and took it home.

I tore it down and noticed right away that the coupling link/pin was missing so I dug into my Luger part box and found what I needed, installed them and it worked just fine. I ran down to my range with a couple mags and test fired it....Worked just fine.....It has a strong bore.

Other than the side plate it was a matching byf-42 (Mauser) Luger. 1942 was the last year for Mauser Luger production, then they concentrated on the P.38.

This was a "no block" being within the first 10K of byf 42 production. The second 10K would have been a-block, the next b-block, and so on....About 113K byf-42 Lugers were produced before Luger production at Mauser ended in about Oct-Nov of '42.

I'm still gonna sell the rarer mag as this Luger is only good for a shooter.....No collector value and I have plenty of run of the mill Luger mags.....I was digging through them and found the properly marked mag for a early "no-block".

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid. Better let me hold that for you. :p

Forum List

Back