Parents! Your thoughts please...

Anyone else understand what the hell is going on? :dunno:

not really...half the thread was hijacked by Arch saying something about not liking people and boobies...people should stay off the computer when drunk...

I am pretty much gonna let it go, at least until they are here for longer than the week they have been here (actually less b/c they started on tues)... I WANT to think mom knows/sees, but because he still has the paci regularly, I am not so sure.

And the tooth issue DOES look like it affects his eating/drinking, so it could turn into a health issue.

not really...half the thread was hijacked by Arch saying something about not liking people and boobies...people should stay off the computer when drunk...

I am pretty much gonna let it go, at least until they are here for longer than the week they have been here (actually less b/c they started on tues)... I WANT to think mom knows/sees, but because he still has the paci regularly, I am not so sure.

And the tooth issue DOES look like it affects his eating/drinking, so it could turn into a health issue.

I'd ask when she's planning to take it away from him. Make sure you mention that your son had his until about the same age (you did say that right, I forget now. :D ) and ask how you can help in getting him to give it up - only for naps etc, etc...if she wants of course. "Losing" it at the park wouldn't be a bad idea either, but they'd just buy him another one. :rolleyes: Other than that, I'd leave it alone since the child's peditatrician will more than likely try to scare some sense into her.

I'd also use the 'sandwich effect' or whatever it is. Say something good, followed by the issue, followed by something good. "Billy is so cooperative, are you planning to take the paci away soon? I also noticed he's very good at ........... which is good for his age"

Leave it alone. The kid is only 2 and it's not going to kill him. Let him keep his pacifier.

My daughter sucked her thumb and had a blanket. I got more grief from well meaning people about both. The problem? They only had her a few hours a day, or only saw her for a few minutes during visits. They didn't have to live with her. I did. And that thumb and blanket saved my sanity.

My kid was extremely hyperactive when she was little. The only time she was calm was when she sucked her thumb. She'd use the tag on the blanket. She'd sniff it. She'd take the tag in her fist, and she'd sniff the tag as she sucked her thumb.

I would never have stopped her from doing either. I had so many people tell me I should take the blanket away. Never. I would never do something that cruel. As far as I was concerned she could suck her thumb until she was thirty, and she could walk down the isle with that blanket.

Alas, the blanket finally disintergrated. It got smaller and smaller. I'd sew the pieces together. But eventually, when she was about 9 or 10, the thing just disappeared. Too bad. I really wanted it to be the "something old" for her wedding day.

Don't worry about his teeth. He's gonna need braces anyway so who cares?

I hijacked this thread? And I do not like people? Please explain where ya got this from my humor or lack of it!...***sigh***:food1:

I notice you didn't object to the drunk part.:wine:

But thats only because they always throw that one in...i'm at the point where I believe it must apply to them...as they always say it!

But thats only because they always throw that one in...i'm at the point where I believe it must apply to them...as they always say it!

I firmly believe the world would be a much better place if more people drank more beer more often.

It's interesting how it looks like the women favor not saying anything, whereas the men think she should. Perhaps that is because we women have all been on the receiving end of unsolicited advice on parenting. I don't think that happens to men much, and even if it did, they probaby wouldn't take it as personally.

It's interesting how it looks like the women favor not saying anything, whereas the men think she should. Perhaps that is because we women have all been on the receiving end of unsolicited advice on parenting. I don't think that happen to men much, and even if it did, they probaby wouldn't take it as personally.

Not ALL the men. I think she should stfu about it. Hope I'm not too blunt.:D

Give her a few months. I bet by December, she won't give two shits about pacis and bubbas and pull ups. The only thing that will matter is that they aren't seriously violent, don't wreck her house and show up with proper clothing for the weather. Period. :laugh:

It's interesting how it looks like the women favor not saying anything, whereas the men think she should. Perhaps that is because we women have all been on the receiving end of unsolicited advice on parenting. I don't think that happen to men much, and even if it did, they probaby wouldn't take it as personally.

Yeah, nothing like the "experts" who want to tell you everything you're doing wrong. Some of the most vocal don't have their own kids.

Oh, now watch me get offended replies from all the women who don't have kids. Sheesh.

Yeah, nothing like the "experts" who want to tell you everything you're doing wrong. Some of the most vocal don't have their own kids.

Oh, now watch me get offended replies from all the women who don't have kids. Sheesh.

I remember our daughter crying in her carriage at the mall, and an older woman came up to us and said, "She wants you to pick her up. You should pick her up". I felt like saying, "And we want you to mind your business".

I remember our daughter crying in her carriage at the mall, and an older woman came up to us and said, "She wants you to pick her up. You should pick her up". I felt like saying, "And we want you to mind your business".

Or "don't pick her up, they need to learn to fuss. You'll spoil her". Maybe it's the blaring sun in her eyes that bugging her asshole!

Yeah. I took my kid to the grocery store at about 4AM one day. She got me up so I figured, what the hell, may as well go food shopping. She was born in January so this was probably March. She couldn't even sit up yet, much less walk. So I didn't bother putting the stupid shoes on her. You know the kind I mean. Those stupid cute little shoes that don't fit and always fall off.

It was cold out. So I double socked her feet and off we went to Stop & Shop.

The fucking clerk made a crack about me not being able to afford shoes. I couldn't BELIEVE how rude she was. I mean, I didn't put the stupid shoes on her because I was lazy and I hated dealing with the damn things. But can you imagine how I would have felt if I really couldn't have afforded the shoes?

People really do suck.

I didn't read all the responses so if this has already been said just ignore me.

I probably wouldn't talk to the mom. I'd just not give the binkie to him while he was at my house. If you have him all day, than eventually he'll get used to not having it and stop asking for it.

Hopefully the mom will take him to the dentist in the next year or so and the dentist will point out her mistake. Otherwise she's looking at big dental bills in the future.

I didn't read all the responses so if this has already been said just ignore me.

I probably wouldn't talk to the mom. I'd just not give the binkie to him while he was at my house. If you have him all day, than eventually he'll get used to not having it and stop asking for it.

Hopefully the mom will take him to the dentist in the next year or so and the dentist will point out her mistake. Otherwise she's looking at big dental bills in the future.

Either I'm nuts or you don't have a kid.

Forum List

Back