Panthers Stud Running Back Christian McCaffrey traded to the San Francisco 49ers

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Stunner: Panthers are trading Pro-Bowl RB Christian McCaffrey to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for draft picks, sources tell ESPN. McCaffrey returns to the Bay Area, where he attended Stanford

Great Player when Healthy.

9'ers now have a 5th and two 7th's in 2023 Draft.

• Banned
McCaffrey heads to a better offense in San Francisco but will he maintain a similar role on a new team?

• Banned
he's still in Carolina, he needs to hurry to San Fran so he can make the game in 48 hours. the Rams also wanted him after he smoked them last week

Ed McCaffrey played under Mike Shanahan, now Chris McCaffrey plays under Kyle Shanahan

perfect fit, and Christian says he's "thrilled" to be going there

If he stays healthy, I think he will be a perfect fit in our offense.

I’m not crazy about how much we gave away for him, but I suppose it’s fair. We’ll see if it pays off.

We all saw LA go all in last year and they won it all, now have no more draft picks for a few years. It’s definitely worth giving up future picks to win now if you have the other players you need, and they do, if Jimmy G stays healthy

And that is the conundrum. Players have to be on the field for that haul Carolina received.
He won’t have to carry the entire load in SF like he did in Carolina. Teams knew if they stopped McCaffrey they stopped the Panthers. Can’t do that in SF which means less touches, less hits and the hits you take aren’t as bad. Should translate to him being able to stay healthier.

Stunner: Panthers are trading Pro-Bowl RB Christian McCaffrey to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for draft picks, sources tell ESPN. McCaffrey returns to the Bay Area, where he attended Stanford

McCaffrey will only be as good as the system he's in and the QB he has. He's a quick, shifty RB who not only is a threat on the ground but is handsy in the short passing game. Not all coaches know how to utilize such a guy. Had he gone to Bill Belichek and Tom Brady Patriots in the 2010's? That'd be a game changer. To San Francisco? It's not impossible, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Forum List

Back