Pandemic forever: Fauci has no plan, and no exit strategy, for covid

Fk son, read the link in post #140! For fk sake stfu

The post I was responding to was claiming we've only had 60k covid deaths, and I replied by asking for a link proving that claim. You're telling me I should read the link in post #140. The only link in that post takes me to a page explaining the eua withdrawal for the pcr, the flu, etc. None of which has a damn thing to do with the discussion or what I was asking for. You are demonstrating why you may be the biggest maroon on here, without question, son.

Elected DemoKKKrats' approval ratings are in the toilet, so they are taking the lead in ending the pandemic restrictions, regardless of Fauci's "sCiENce".

It was NEVER about public health.

During an interview with ABC News on Wednesday, White House Chief Medical Adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci responded to a question on what the threshold of cases that would cause him to determine the coronavirus pandemic has passed is by saying that “there’s no magic number” and that metrics for making decisions will look more at the rates of severe disease and hospitalizations over infection rates, but “We don’t know what that number is yet.”

Host Linsey Davis asked, “[O]ur country, right now, at least, is still seeing about 147,000 new cases of COVID per day. But what would that threshold be in the future for you to say, okay, the pandemic has passed?”

Fauci responded, “You know, there’s no magic number. But you want is to make sure the trajectory keeps going down and down and down. And I think the important issue, and that relates to one of the questions you asked before about the CDC considering giving more precise metrics for decisionmaking, that concentrating more on what the rate of severe disease and hospitalization is will determine that. We don’t know what that number is yet. But that will be much more of a determinant than the rate of infection.”
A pandemic runs on it's own schedule, when it's finally done, it's done.

You're a moron. You haven't kept up with current events. Actually, it is not even current. Way back when the numbers were (falsely) claiming that ~300K had died in the US FROM covid, the CDC stated that only ~6% of those had died FROM covid, the remainder had died WITH covid. So using that statement and YOUR numbers, only ~57K have died FROM covid in two years--reflecting near perfectly annual flu fatality numbers. Run along moron. Educate yourself and quit expecting someone else to do it for you.

You are completely misunderstanding that statement. This is unsurprising to say the least. Yes, 6% died from just covid, but if covid causes your lungs to shut down or a brain aneurysm, or kidney failure, or whatever, the death certificate will also list that as a cause of death, along with covid. Do....you....understand now? In the end, it's the same shit. Covid is listed on the death certificate 100% of the time, it's just in 94% of the case there's something else written with it. Holy fuck, people on here are really stuuuupid.

Elected DemoKKKrats' approval ratings are in the toilet, so they are taking the lead in ending the pandemic restrictions, regardless of Fauci's "sCiENce".

It was NEVER about public health.

During an interview with ABC News on Wednesday, White House Chief Medical Adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci responded to a question on what the threshold of cases that would cause him to determine the coronavirus pandemic has passed is by saying that “there’s no magic number” and that metrics for making decisions will look more at the rates of severe disease and hospitalizations over infection rates, but “We don’t know what that number is yet.”

Host Linsey Davis asked, “[O]ur country, right now, at least, is still seeing about 147,000 new cases of COVID per day. But what would that threshold be in the future for you to say, okay, the pandemic has passed?”

Fauci responded, “You know, there’s no magic number. But you want is to make sure the trajectory keeps going down and down and down. And I think the important issue, and that relates to one of the questions you asked before about the CDC considering giving more precise metrics for decisionmaking, that concentrating more on what the rate of severe disease and hospitalization is will determine that. We don’t know what that number is yet. But that will be much more of a determinant than the rate of infection.”

The Spanish flu, 100 years ago. No exit strategy, in fact there has been no "exit" at all.

Why do you expect the impossible? Chances are the coronavirus is in humans now FOREVER.

You have a serious problem with comprehension. The point has been throughout this thread that flu tests positive for covid, hence the inflated numbers. What you just copied and pasted said exactly that, why else would the CDC encourage further testing to differentiate. SMFH, Buy them books and send them to school and they eat the pages.

Flu does not test positive for covid, never has, never will, and you can't provide a single legitimate medical source that will claim this. All your facts, if you have any, are based on emotions and dumb dumb truther ideology, none of which counts as evidence or facts.

The post I was responding to was claiming we've only had 60k covid deaths, and I replied by asking for a link proving that claim. You're telling me I should read the link in post #140. The only link in that post takes me to a page explaining the eua withdrawal for the pcr, the flu, etc. None of which has a damn thing to do with the discussion or what I was asking for. You are demonstrating why you may be the biggest maroon on here, without question, son.
And I explained to go to post 140to educate yourself. I see you couldn’t figure that out. Go get an education

Flu does not test positive for covid, never has, never will, and you can't provide a single legitimate medical source that will claim this. All your facts, if you have any, are based on emotions and dumb dumb truther ideology, none of which counts as evidence or facts.
They did tests with pcr and freaking fruit came back positive. Especially early when hosputals got $77000 a covid patient from the Cares Act

Excellent takedown.

Here is my thing....

We had diseases in the past. We developed vaccines. The diseases all but disappeared.

Now we have Covid... We developed vaccines. And the death count and case counts are declining.... and, for some reason, some folks want to attribute this to anything and everything except the vaccines.

If anyone can think of another reason other than the dis-information campaign...I'd like to hear it.
NO candy...we don't have vaccines for Covid. No real ones like we did in the past for other diseases. This is why they had to change the defination of vaccine and why the faux vaccines don't work.

I don't think people are getting this...

US had about 100,000 cases and 2,400 deaths yesterday...
With a fully vaccinated at 64% and Booster at 28%

Ireland which is 65 times smaller than US...
Ireland had 8,500 cases yesterday (Coronavirus: 8,593 new cases and 591 patients in hospital, including 57 in ICU figure is lower as they take tests from PCR and you can register an Antigen from home)
Ireland has average 18 deaths a day...
Ireland has a fully vaccination rate of 78.9% and Booster at 55.7%...

So lets compare those numbers... If Ireland was the size of US (i.e. lets multiple there figures by 65)
So Ireland has the equivalent of 552,000 cases a day and 1,170 deaths....

So even with huge Daily cases of 5 times US, they have half the deaths... Ireland have huge numbers because they have got rid of nearly all restrictions...
Why?
Vaccine Rates, Ireland is not only 13% more Fully vaccinated they Boosted over double the US rate.

BTW: Denmark have they same type of numbers and also got rid of all restrictions... US equivalent numbers cases are 20 times but deaths are the same... Denmark is 81% Fully vaccinated and 62% boosted... This will fall dramatically soon...

This shows how the vaccine wins... These are how it finishes, vaccine hesitancy just prolongs this whole thing... US death rate per case is one of the worst in the world and this is not in Democratic areas...
The main issue is the that people who should get the vaccine don't... Old, Overweight, Diabetes,.... but the Irish said the people they saw in hospital were either old and compromised and vaccinated OR young and unvaccinated....

These are just facts comparing to other countries..
Lol what the fuck makes you think a single day is representative sample of the whole year worth of data?

They did tests with pcr and freaking fruit came back positive. Especially early when hosputals got $77000 a covid patient from the Cares Act

Annnnd, this is why you and everyone in your cult are batshit crazy

And I explained to go to post 140to educate yourself. I see you couldn’t figure that out. Go get an education

No, you didn't explain anything because there's no explanation for chronic stupidity, which is why your reply is nothing more than an insult. The article in that post had nothing at all to do with someone hysterically claiming that we've only had 60,000 covid deaths instead of the over 900,000 real covid deaths we do have. Even they didn't go so far as to claim it had anything to do with the pcr test and the fda, probably because neither have anything to do with each other in even the slightest. You are just a moron.

^^^ These are examples of what happens when sane people encounter the mentally ill or chronically stupid, of which virtually are antivaxxers are.

No, you didn't explain anything because there's no explanation for chronic stupidity, which is why your reply is nothing more than an insult. The article in that post had nothing at all to do with someone hysterically claiming that we've only had 60,000 covid deaths instead of the over 900,000 real covid deaths we do have. Even they didn't go so far as to claim it had anything to do with the pcr test and the fda, probably because neither have anything to do with each other in even the slightest. You are just a moron.

^^^ These are examples of what happens when sane people encounter the mentally ill or chronically stupid, of which virtually are antivaxxers are.
Long winded rant from you saying you are the govts bitch. The studies that I and others have posted are spot the fuck on. And it is why other countries have done night and day better than us.

When I want advice from a Loser I'll call you.

Someone wanted to know how early restrictions worked out, I replied directly to that. We went from highs of 10k a day in cases down to a few hundred after a couple of months. Why would i choose a different time period than the one being asked about? How is that cherry picking? You need to actually follow the conversation if you're going to reply to something not directed at you.
I did follow the conversation and a time was not singled out. That is your own making. And it is dishonest.

EVERYWHERE has a spike in cases and then it drops. That is how outbreaks work. 100 percent of the time. It should be obvious, people get sick and then that illness spreads as far as it can then dies down because so many people are sick.
Any claim about NY's death rate being worse than tx and fl without taking into consideration their nursing home deaths at the very start of the pandemic is horribly dishonest. Nursing home deaths made up nearly 30% of their total deaths. With that said most major pandemic measures across the country were mostly half assed once the very start of the pandemic was over with, but one thing has definitely been clear, masking and hand sanitizing has worked. To say otherwise is to be intentional obtuse for the sake of being a cheerleader for right wing politics. Japan, with a population of 130 million didn't only have 21k deaths because they defied mask wearing and social distancing. South Korea didn't have just 7k deaths because they decided science wasn't real. Hong Kong, China, singapore, etc. are just more examples of pandemic measures having a huge impact. We on the other hand are arguing whether covid is real, we had a president telling ppl to go to work even if they have covid, till this day we are still walking around maskless and unvaccinated like covid doesn't exist. There's a reason why we will hit 1 million deaths in probably another month or so. Oh and remember Sweden? The right wing's poster child for freedumb? They have more covid deaths than Norway, Finland and Denmark, combined. The only reason why it isn't more is because the government finally came to their senses about instituting pandemic measures.
No, it is not. The facts are simple: FL has is one of the most vulnerable populations and they have fared BETTER than NY and a host of other states. Many of them following strict lockdowns and mandates, many not. This shows that the governmental actions taken WERE NOT EFFECTIVE. If they were, you would see clear stratifications with strict states faring better over the long term and less strict states faring worse over the long term. This is not the case. Period.

And it is an outright lie that FL is doing worse than NY. Period. There is no honest way to spin that narrative.

Yes there were many nations that fared far better than the US. Part of that is cultural. Part of that is structural. Part of that is governmental. China seems to have done very well. Turns out welding people in their homes until they die is effective. No shit.

However, those other nations are IMMATERAL to the US because they are not valid comparisons. We cannot, and should not, act as they do. One thing a democracy is very poor at is addressing a pandemic and the more freedoms your culture accepts the LESS viable responses to pandemics will be. I happen to think that the things our freedom brings us outside of times like this is certainly worth the inefficiencies that come with it.

There would certainly be fewer people that died had the government had absolute power to deal with this as it seen fit. And we would be FAR worse for the fact. However, your entire rant was nothing but a sidestep from the actual issue I brought up, stating FL has done worse than NY is an outright lie. Sorry, CNN has been lying to your face when they claim 'DethSantis' is somehow massively mishandling the pandemic whilst Cuomo was the NY savior. It was bullshit in the beginning and remains bullshit to this day.

Objectively, NY has done worse. And therein is the proof of how piss poor the mandates have been.

The Spanish flu, 100 years ago. No exit strategy, in fact there has been no "exit" at all.

Why do you expect the impossible? Chances are the coronavirus is in humans now FOREVER.
Who has claimed it is not here to stay?

The exit strategy is, and you damn well know it, facts and target figures that map when and how current restrictions that are NOT here to stay will be removed.

Instead, it seems the powers that the various levels of government have grabbed just want to stick around indefinitely. Since that is flatly impossible, there is clearly a missing step here.

Except 140 is based on a false understanding of what the terminology meant.

"Did previous PCR tests confuse COVID-19 cases for influenza cases?​

Not at all. "The reported numbers were based on highly accurate laboratory tests," says Dr. Broadhurst. "The original test could detect the presence of SARS-CoV-2 with very high specificity," – meaning the test does its job very well.

A PCR test is an excellent identifier of COVID-19 cases, because of something called specificity. Basically, specificity means that the test is designed to only detect one type of virus. Dr. Broadhurst says, "The PCR test is validated against many different coronaviruses and common respiratory viruses, including influenza so that it would not give false-positive results." Meaning, researchers subjected the test to many different samples to see if it would give the wrong result. It correctly identified SARS-CoV-2 out of all of these samples."

It was recalled because it is more efficient to have a test that is both specific, it can identify specific strains, AND can do so with multiple viruses.

So you got nothing! Nice rant to deviate from the topic

Except 140 is based on a false understanding of what the terminology meant.

"Did previous PCR tests confuse COVID-19 cases for influenza cases?​

Not at all. "The reported numbers were based on highly accurate laboratory tests," says Dr. Broadhurst. "The original test could detect the presence of SARS-CoV-2 with very high specificity," – meaning the test does its job very well.

A PCR test is an excellent identifier of COVID-19 cases, because of something called specificity. Basically, specificity means that the test is designed to only detect one type of virus. Dr. Broadhurst says, "The PCR test is validated against many different coronaviruses and common respiratory viruses, including influenza so that it would not give false-positive results." Meaning, researchers subjected the test to many different samples to see if it would give the wrong result. It correctly identified SARS-CoV-2 out of all of these samples."

It was recalled because it is more efficient to have a test that is both specific, it can identify specific strains, AND can do so with multiple viruses.
Link

we've only had 60,000 covid deaths
A person who has terminal cancer which is hastened because they happen to get covid, did not die from covid moron. If they caught a cold and it turned to pneumonia, cold nor pneumonia killed them either. The CDC has stated that the majority, ~840K of the deaths had an average of 4 co-morbidities. So just stfu and run along.

Forum List

Back