Palestinian 'gratitude' over terrorists-release: Code red shakes south

The Wars of the American Revolution. E. Wayne Carp Pacific Lutheran University

"Historians also began to recognize that the American Revolutionary War was a complex event that belies a simplistic nationalist view. They now argue that the American Revolutionary War contained many*different*wars. It was, first, a war for national independence. Although this type of war is taken for granted by Americans today, it must be remembered that the Revolutionary War was the first in which colonies successfully rebelled against an imperial power. As a result, the American Revolution became an inspiration to other colonial peoples in the nineteenth century. This was especially true for Spanish-American liberators like Simon Bolivar who, in throwing off Spanish rule, looked to the example of the American Revolution."

Am Rev Essays--Carp

I can see that Mrs. Sherri is comfortable in her little chair and will be on forums all day long posting as usual without getting out of the house. However, I wish Mrs. Sherri can tell us if Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys ever targeted innocent ivilians. Gee, maybe the descendents of the tribes who roamedFighting as a Nationalist and fighting for Religion are not the same thing.

I think about the American Revolution, look at how many different religious beliefs those who fought together held.

I can see that Mrs. Sherri is comfortable in her little chair and will be on forums all day long posting as usual without getting out of the house. However, I wish Mrs. Sherri can tell us if Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys ever targeted innocent English civilians.
Gee, maybe the descendents of the tribes who roamed Alabama way before Mrs. Sherri's ancestors arrived there decide they want their land back and start shooting innocent civilians.

wrong again-----sufis are SUNNIS as opposed to being shiites -------
Incorrect.

Although some Sufi are sunni's and shia.

Most Sufi's don't identify with either group. .... :cool:

really? are you sure? There are lots of people who claim that their
land is PREDOMINATELY "sufi"-----but as it turns out they really SELF-
IDENTIFY as sunnis. Pakistan is one. In fact I have never met
a pakistani who claimed to be a "sufi"-------but all cite sufism as being
a BIG THING in their background. Iran has a big time "sufi" claim
too ------even Morocco My sense is that SUFISM is not so much a
sect -----as a kind of movement. -------something like "chassidism"
amongst jews ------as in "oh yeah---I got a brother-in-law who
joined up with the chassids" (in fact my husband does)

persons who want to dance -------become sufis or chassids

in any case ----that makes most sufis----SUNNIS

Although most Sufi's are muslims.

Most Sufi's have their own version of Islamic theology and their own mosques. ... :cool:
Sufi, Shiite, Wahhabi, Sunni, who cares. They all belong to the same cult of violence and intolerance that is plaguing the world today....Islam.

Forum List

Back