Over Six Hundred DOCTORS Send Letter To Trump Demanding Economy Be Reopened

its OK you wouldnt understand anyway,,,

oh i understand all right........... do you?

Republicans Call on Right-Wing Doctors for Help
May 20, 2020 ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican political operatives are recruiting “extremely pro-Trump” doctors to go on television to prescribe reviving the U.S. economy as quickly as possible, without meeting safety benchmarks proposed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to slow the spread of the new coronavirus.
The plan was discussed in a May 11 conference call with a senior staffer for the Trump reelection campaign organized by CNP Action, an affiliate of the Republican-aligned Council for National Policy. A leaked recording of the hourlong call was provided to The Associated Press by the Center for Media and Democracy, a progressive watchdog group.
[...]

:eusa_whistle:
So now it doesn't even matter if they are doctors, anyone that isn't a left-wing ideologue is discredited in your pin-head idiocy.

So much for being the party of science.

lol... drs can be quacks.

Yeah... but so can forum posters who discredit people without cause.

If you have evidence they were all quacks, that's fine. Let's hear it. I'm all for considering evidence.

But if your idea of evidence is "They didn't agree with us, so they are quacks"... that makes you the quack. Unless you have some real reason to consider everyone on that list a quack, the only clear quack is you.

noooooooooooo - they aren't disagreeing with *me* silly trumpanzee.

they are disagreeing with the VAST majority of medical professionals & scientists world wide.

so there's THAT.

How close were the predictions of deaths from the experts? Didn’t CDC predict over 2 million deaths in the US? How did those experts fair? Just because they are experts, doesn’t mean they are always right. If that were true, we’d still be blood letting.

ummm.... them thar 2 million deaths were the worst case scenario ... now understand this ...

if we did absolutely NOTHING & went full tilt ignorance of the known scientific mitigation factors.

everything we are doing, sans a vaccine , is slowing the virus so our health care system doesn't collapse.

So how long do we stay at home? Until the vaccine? The fact is we will not ever be rid of this virus, like all viruses once they are here, they are here.

oh - by all means, please go rub elbows with yer fellow ignoramus'.

So you have no answer, no tolerance for differing opinions so you go back to bigoted insults.

Who said I was rubbing elbows with anyone? Other than work, I’m home, with my wife enjoying life. Our governor has allowed us to open up with restaurants, salons, and other places opening, however I’m not one for crowds. The governor sees the importance of both keeping the virus contained and allowing people to get back to life.

So, again, how long do you think we should stay at home? Until there is a vaccine? Another six months? A year? Two months? You must have an answer as you seem to think we are moving to quickly now.

^ 'Our governor has allowed us to open up with restaurants, salons, and other places opening, however I’m not one for crowds. The governor sees the importance of both keeping the virus contained and allowing people to get back to life.'

us too.

'So, again, how long do you think we should stay at home? Until there is a vaccine? Another six months? A year? Two months? You must have an answer as you seem to think we are moving to quickly now.'

i think mitigation among the thinking bi ped states is the way to go & all 50 should be doing so. slowly - methodically - & not opening up everything all at once is not the way to go. i've maintained that from the start.

i also think testing is the key. EVERYONE needs to get tested - for the antibodies - to see who can get back to work, with masks & gloves & sani wipes - that will protect us all.

that's donny's job & he has failed miserably at it. i never said to keep everything shut until god knows when. you have poor reading comp skills to say the least. sounds like we agree, so jump off jack - you seem to be looking for an argument where there simply isn't any. as for rubbing elbows - i don't really care what you do one way or the other... just don't ignore the safety precautions.

I have worked in an office since the outbreak three days a week. We have no contact with others, other than the delivery people and seven co-workers. I don’t use the mask and I’m within six feet of them a half dozen times a day. Other than that we are home the rest of the time. When we watch the news we wear our masks, to limit exposer to the political figures.

Coronavirus
Published 4 days ago

Wearing a surgical mask can reduce coronavirus transmission by up to 75 percent, study says
By David Aaro | Fox News
Wearing a surgical mask can reduce coronavirus transmission by up to 75 percent, study says

Sure... surgical masks.

You are not wearing a surgical mask, unless you are in a hospital. 99% of the masks you see out in public, are not surgical masks.

The normal masks most are wearing, do nothing to stop the spread of Corona, according to research.

Corona is the common flu, anything written about it is a lie.
Governments kill you, not Corona
Read here.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican political operatives are recruiting “extremely pro-Trump” doctors to go on television to prescribe reviving the U.S. economy as quickly as possible, without meeting safety benchmarks proposed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to slow the spread of the new coronavirus.
The plan was discussed in a May 11 conference call with a senior staffer for the Trump reelection campaign organized by CNP Action, an affiliate of the Republican-aligned Council for National Policy. A leaked recording of the hourlong call was provided to The Associated Press by the Center for Media and Democracy, a progressive watchdog group.
[...]

So now it doesn't even matter if they are doctors, anyone that isn't a left-wing ideologue is discredited in your pin-head idiocy.

If you have evidence they were all quacks, that's fine. Let's hear it. I'm all for considering evidence.

But if your idea of evidence is "They didn't agree with us, so they are quacks"... that makes you the quack. Unless you have some real reason to consider everyone on that list a quack, the only clear quack is you.

they are disagreeing with the VAST majority of medical professionals & scientists world wide.

so there's THAT.

How close were the predictions of deaths from the experts? Didn’t CDC predict over 2 million deaths in the US? How did those experts fair? Just because they are experts, doesn’t mean they are always right. If that were true, we’d still be blood letting.

ummm.... them thar 2 million deaths were the worst case scenario ... now understand this ...

if we did absolutely NOTHING & went full tilt ignorance of the known scientific mitigation factors.

everything we are doing, sans a vaccine , is slowing the virus so our health care system doesn't collapse.

So how long do we stay at home? Until the vaccine? The fact is we will not ever be rid of this virus, like all viruses once they are here, they are here.

So you have no answer, no tolerance for differing opinions so you go back to bigoted insults.

Who said I was rubbing elbows with anyone? Other than work, I’m home, with my wife enjoying life. Our governor has allowed us to open up with restaurants, salons, and other places opening, however I’m not one for crowds. The governor sees the importance of both keeping the virus contained and allowing people to get back to life.

So, again, how long do you think we should stay at home? Until there is a vaccine? Another six months? A year? Two months? You must have an answer as you seem to think we are moving to quickly now.

^ 'Our governor has allowed us to open up with restaurants, salons, and other places opening, however I’m not one for crowds. The governor sees the importance of both keeping the virus contained and allowing people to get back to life.'

us too.

'So, again, how long do you think we should stay at home? Until there is a vaccine? Another six months? A year? Two months? You must have an answer as you seem to think we are moving to quickly now.'

i think mitigation among the thinking bi ped states is the way to go & all 50 should be doing so. slowly - methodically - & not opening up everything all at once is not the way to go. i've maintained that from the start.

i also think testing is the key. EVERYONE needs to get tested - for the antibodies - to see who can get back to work, with masks & gloves & sani wipes - that will protect us all.

that's donny's job & he has failed miserably at it. i never said to keep everything shut until god knows when. you have poor reading comp skills to say the least. sounds like we agree, so jump off jack - you seem to be looking for an argument where there simply isn't any. as for rubbing elbows - i don't really care what you do one way or the other... just don't ignore the safety precautions.

I have worked in an office since the outbreak three days a week. We have no contact with others, other than the delivery people and seven co-workers. I don’t use the mask and I’m within six feet of them a half dozen times a day. Other than that we are home the rest of the time. When we watch the news we wear our masks, to limit exposer to the political figures.

Coronavirus
Published 4 days ago

By David Aaro | Fox News

Sure... surgical masks.

You are not wearing a surgical mask, unless you are in a hospital. 99% of the masks you see out in public, are not surgical masks.

The normal masks most are wearing, do nothing to stop the spread of Corona, according to research.

masks with paper towels inserted or made exclusively from them - YES paper towels are very effective for filtering out small microns.

[...]

so there's THAT.

us too.

Coronavirus
Published 4 days ago

By David Aaro | Fox News

Sure... surgical masks.

Read here.

oh stfu.

[...]

so there's THAT.

us too.

Coronavirus
Published 4 days ago

By David Aaro | Fox News

Sure... surgical masks.

masks with paper towels inserted or made exclusively from them - YES paper towels are very effective for filtering out small microns.

No, that's myth.

Assuming you could get an air tight seal, the effectiveness rate is barely 33% at best, which honestly is like having no defense at all. Given how little exposure to an illness this contagious, this is effectively not wearing a mask.

Additionally, nearly all masks you see in public, and certainly all masks you see made from paper, are not air tight. If there is seepage around the edge of the mask at all, then your net effective rate is zero.

Next time you go to the store, look at the nearest person with a mask. If you see any space.... ANY space... between the mask and their skin.... then they zero protection for corona, and you have zero protection from their Corona.

That is how contagious this illness is.

[...]

so there's THAT.

us too.

Coronavirus
Published 4 days ago

By David Aaro | Fox News

Sure... surgical masks.

No, that's myth.

Assuming you could get an air tight seal, the effectiveness rate is barely 33% at best, which honestly is like having no defense at all. Given how little exposure to an illness this contagious, this is effectively not wearing a mask.

Additionally, nearly all masks you see in public, and certainly all masks you see made from paper, are not air tight. If there is seepage around the edge of the mask at all, then your net effective rate is zero.

Next time you go to the store, look at the nearest person with a mask. If you see any space.... ANY space... between the mask and their skin.... then they zero protection for corona, and you have zero protection from their Corona.

first of all - your article is 'old' dated in march. vs new info coming out almost every day.

secondly - yer article said a single layer of PT. that's just dumb. folding it (per the SG instructions on how to make a mask w/out sewing) ensures more protection. & inserting a piece of kleenex inside is even better.

The Best Coronavirus Face Mask Materials, According To A New Study
Kristen Aiken
April 21, 2020

Smart Air had previously released data before COVID-19 reached its peak, but the company said the findings were “incomplete.” Over the past several weeks, it tested more crucial materials the earlier study left out, as well as guidelines for variables like thread count.

“There is a huge demand for information worldwide right now about what makes a safe and effective DIY face mask, but there is also a lot of fear and misinformation,” Smart Air CEO and aeronautical engineer Paddy Robertson said in a press release. “By releasing this data, and continuing to be totally transparent about our methodology, we hope to help individuals, institutions and potentially even governments make good, data-backed decisions about how to make face masks that will actually protect them.”

The best overall materials for DIY face masks
Based on a combination of breathability and filtration effectiveness, the study recommended denim, bed sheets (80-120 thread count), paper towels, canvas (0.4-0.5mm thick) and shop towels for homemade masks.

Keep in mind, however, that paper towels are not washable or reusable.

What happens when you use multiple layers of a material?
Many DIY face masks incorporate at least two layers of fabric, and sometimes up to 16 or even 32 layers if you’re making multiple folds. So how does that increase the material’s effectiveness?
[...]

Last edited:

[...]

so there's THAT.

us too.

Coronavirus
Published 4 days ago

By David Aaro | Fox News

Sure... surgical masks.

No, that's myth.

first of all - your article is 'old' dated in march. vs new info coming out almost every day.

secondly - yer article said a single layer of PT. that's just dumb. folding it (per the SG instructions on how to make a mask w/out sewing) ensures more protection. & inserting a piece of kleenex inside is even better.

Kristen Aiken
April 21, 2020

Smart Air had previously released data before COVID-19 reached its peak, but the company said the findings were “incomplete.” Over the past several weeks, it tested more crucial materials the earlier study left out, as well as guidelines for variables like thread count.

“There is a huge demand for information worldwide right now about what makes a safe and effective DIY face mask, but there is also a lot of fear and misinformation,” Smart Air CEO and aeronautical engineer Paddy Robertson said in a press release. “By releasing this data, and continuing to be totally transparent about our methodology, we hope to help individuals, institutions and potentially even governments make good, data-backed decisions about how to make face masks that will actually protect them.”

Based on a combination of breathability and filtration effectiveness, the study recommended denim, bed sheets (80-120 thread count), paper towels, canvas (0.4-0.5mm thick) and shop towels for homemade masks.

Many DIY face masks incorporate at least two layers of fabric, and sometimes up to 16 or even 32 layers if you’re making multiple folds. So how does that increase the material’s effectiveness?
[...]

So I just read through that entire article, and basically.... I pretty much said the same thing I said. From the data at least. Their conclusions were obviously different, but the actual data they present, pretty much justified my prior position.
Did you read the data?

By the way, one of the reasons they didn't come to a different conclusion, is that they specifically ignored the fact that non-N95 masks, don't make an air tight seal. So they are assuming your breath is going to go through the mask, when if it doesn't have an air tight seal, it will go around the mask.

Again, mask have been shown fairly conclusively to provide almost zero protection. Your article doesn't address that, so it's flawed.

Last edited:

[...]

so there's THAT.

us too.

Coronavirus
Published 4 days ago

By David Aaro | Fox News

Sure... surgical masks.

No, that's myth.

Kristen Aiken
April 21, 2020

[...]

So I just read through that entire article, and basically.... I pretty much said the same thing I said. From the data at least. Their conclusions were obviously different, but the actual data they present, pretty much justified my prior position.
Did you read the data?

By the way, one of the reasons they didn't come to a different conclusion, is that they specifically ignored the fact that non-N95 masks, don't make an air tight seal. So they are assuming your breath is going to go through the mask, when if it doesn't have an air tight seal, it will go around the mask.

Again, mask have been shown fairly conclusively to provide almost zero protection. Your article doesn't address that, so it's flawed.

then, please by all means - you go into enclosed areas with people but without a mask.

A lot of doctors must be hurting financially. I make Power Red blood donations 3 times a year and when I went to my appointment last month they were switching these donations to simply Whole Blood. With the restriction on surgeries during the shutdown the need for blood was limited.

[...]

republicans arent right wing dumbass,,,in this country they are left wing,,,just not as far left as dems,,,

and just because they are recruited doesnt mean they are lying,,,

They are either kooks or crooks.

"Some of the doctors who signed onto the letter are aligned with a small right-wing medical organization called the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) that has promoted discredited medical theories, and opposes Medicare.

The group opposes mandatory vaccines, has questioned that HIV is the cause of AIDS, and has asserted that former President Obama used "a covert form of hypnosis" to attract support for his 2008 campaign. At one time, its membership included Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and former Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price.

Gold has recently appeared on conservative talk radio and podcasts to advocate for the use of hydroxychloroquine, "

[...]

so there's THAT.

us too.

Coronavirus
Published 4 days ago

By David Aaro | Fox News

Sure... surgical masks.

Read here.

It is not the common flu. You are a crazy right wing kook. More right wing kooks does not make it true.

[...]

republicans arent right wing dumbass,,,in this country they are left wing,,,just not as far left as dems,,,

"Some of the doctors who signed onto the letter are aligned with a small right-wing medical organization called the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) that has promoted discredited medical theories, and opposes Medicare.

The group opposes mandatory vaccines, has questioned that HIV is the cause of AIDS, and has asserted that former President Obama used "a covert form of hypnosis" to attract support for his 2008 campaign. At one time, its membership included Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and former Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price.

Gold has recently appeared on conservative talk radio and podcasts to advocate for the use of hydroxychloroquine, "

I largely agree with nearly everything this group stands for.
I don't see any reason that they should be discounted. In fact, nothing you posted, indicates anything bad about the group.

[...]

I don't see any reason that they should be discounted. In fact, nothing you posted, indicates anything bad about the group.

Of course you would say that. You are as crazy as they are.

[...]

Of course you would say that. You are as crazy as they are.

Sure. You do realize that being told I'm crazy, by someone who appears left-wing to me, is a bit of a compliment.

But I read through some of their stuff, and it largely appears accurate and true.

For example, the group isn't against vaccination... they against forced vaccinations. We are country that was previously, before left-wingers got control, based on freedom. Freedom means I have a choice.

And their stance on government involvement in healthcare, has most certainly been negative. There is no question about it. Prices would fall in a free market system. We know that for a fact, because Lasik Eye Surgery has dropped in price by more than half.

So many of their claims are dead on right. Now are all of them? I haven't read all of them, but I would assume some are wrong. Because anytime you have people involved, something will be wrong.

But yeah, I generally support this group now.

Forum List

Back