Over half of vets still waiting for GI Bill money

Jay Canuck

by Crom you'll pay!
Jul 30, 2009
Over half of vets still waiting for GI Bill money
USA Today -9-25-09‎
"If you served your country, they (the US government) promised to pay," says Jeff Kohler, 23, a Navy veteran of the Iraq war who now attends Ohio State.Benefits were delayed because the VA did not assign enough people to process claims, Wilson said. There has since been new hiring, approved overtime and bringing back retired claims processors, he says...

The Results Of A "Smaller Government"

Gene Williams walked into the National Guard Armory in Dothan, picked up a questionnaire, and sat down.

Maybe this time would be different...Thursday, Williams joined scores of other veterans at the 2009 Homeless Stand Down, a cooperative effort of several area veterans’ organizations with the goal of exposing as many homeless veterans as possible to as many available services as possible.

“I’m a veteran, so I’m not looking for a handout,” he said. “I’m just looking for a hand-up.”

homelessVet_clo.jpg

REPUBLICANS SOLVE HOMELESS VETERAN CRISIS

I am glad to seeing the wait time come down from the highs in the Bush administration.

They're probably trying to figure out what's left. Republicans, along with George Bush were slashing Veterans benefits left and right while they were tricked into invading Iraq.

By time it's figured out what the Republicans have done, they might find out it's the Veterans who owe the government.

Forum List

Back