Over 200 Millionaires Urge Davos Elite To Up Taxes On The Ultra Rich

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Over 200 millionaires are calling on the elite attendees of this week’s World Economic Forum in Davos to “tackle extreme wealth” and “tax the ultra-rich” to help relieve the cost of living strain off ordinary households.

“Tax the ultra rich and do it now,” an open letter urges.

“It’s simple, common-sense economics. It is an investment in our common good and a better future that we all deserve, and as millionaires we want to make that investment.”

This is going to leave a mark.

That's like Briar Rabbit begging not to be thrown into the briar patch. It's all talk. In the end, the rich know that whatever their rate is, there are tens of thousands of pages filled with loopholes that will guarantee that they pay no taxes.

Meanwhile if we move to a consumption tax as opposed to income taxing, all those jets get smacked with a nice big tax bill.

And the fuel for them. And the $5000 bottles of champagne in them, and the rented pilots to fly them.

Why would the American rich care about higher tax rates? Our tax code is built around them having enough loopholes credits and deductions to get out of taxes.
Its like Warren Buffet : "I pay less of a rate than my secretary because i understand the tax code" the next week "raise tax rates on the rich!"
And of course, the rubes like the OP eat that shit up.
Its hilarious. Its also a good reason why people like him shouldnt vote.

Over 200 millionaires are calling on the elite attendees of this week’s World Economic Forum in Davos to “tackle extreme wealth” and “tax the ultra-rich” to help relieve the cost of living strain off ordinary households.

“Tax the ultra rich and do it now,” an open letter urges.

“It’s simple, common-sense economics. It is an investment in our common good and a better future that we all deserve, and as millionaires we want to make that investment.”

This is going to leave a mark.

As if.

Believe the OP and you will probably be a Vaxxer and a Climate Change disciple .

Why would the American rich care about higher tax rates? Our tax code is built around them having enough loopholes credits and deductions to get out of taxes.
Its like Warren Buffet : "I pay less of a rate than my secretary because i understand the tax code" the next week "raise tax rates on the rich!"
And of course, the rubes like the OP eat that shit up.
Its hilarious. Its also a good reason why people like him shouldnt vote.

There is definitely truth to this. It's why whenever I hear Bill Gates or someone else push for it I know that they realize that they will be fine. Hell, I bet they even lobby for specific loopholes unique to their business setup.

The rich demanding the ultra rich be taxed more now that is funny. Just a little heads up for the all the rich both regular and ultra you can pay more in taxes on your own you don't need the government to legislate it you can literally put your money where your mouth is.

The rich demanding the ultra rich be taxed more now that is funny. Just a little heads up for the all the rich both regular and ultra you can pay more in taxes on your own you don't need the government to legislate it you can literally put your money where your mouth is.

Precisely what I have suggested.

They could even tell their accountant, "look for the way to pay the highest amount of tax from this years earnings".

There, done. They could even start a group, "The Max Tax Gang". Instead they virtue signal.

Won't happen. The world economic forum and ultra elites don't care about fair or right. They only care about ruling and owning everything.

They demand we give up everything and make all the sacrifices but they won't and don't.

They see all of us as serfs.

Forum List

Back