Out of all the films that you've seen, which ones have the saddest ending?

The Pawnbroker was so sad that I had to stop watching it. In the book, the ending was a bit uplifting, but I couldn't make it that far seeing the suffering of the main character portrayed by Rod Steiger.
Rod Steiger was one of the best not many actors on his level around these days. :thup:

interstaller
rise of skywalker
avengers endgame
forever purge
shang chi and the legends of the ten rings
black panthar
wall-ie
so much more

Wuthering Heights, the original.
Every time it was on, my husband's cousin Edward would get his little box of kleenex and sob through the whole movie.

Edward Scissorhands
The Merchant of Venice with Al Pacino was pretty dramatic but I cant remember the ending
Contempt, in how the actress betrayed the filmaker during his making her film, but the guy with the money told him right away he was going to take her so I dont know, is that sad?
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest

Of the major movies I've seen...

Million Dollar Baby was sad as hell.
No Country For Old Men had a weird ending.
Days of Wind and Roses was incredibly sad.

It wasn't a particularly meant to be sad but I found the ending of A League of Their Own to be sad.

The ending of the movie "Charlie", based on the book Flowers for Algernon, has the saddest ending for me. If you haven't seen it, you NEED to. Cliff Robertson won Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal of Charlie. The book is outstanding as well. It's one of the few movies that have made me cry. But it's a GOOD cry because the story is so good.
Oh, yeah. That's a great movie and yes a sad ending.

Forum List

Back