Our Flag: Shrouded

PC's cents (I have trouble using "sense" in that context) of liberty unbounded maybe ideologically sound for the extreme but for most of us it borders on absurdity. Only an idiot or an extremist would allow a situation to proceed when the potential for violence and harm appeared likely; only an extremist would comport the actions of a school administration acting to mitigate violence as an affront to liberty. And only someone as captious as PC would make a federal case out of it.

1. So....you believe that the following applies to those who would stand up for American values?

"....maybe ideologically sound for the extreme...."

"......Only an idiot or an extremist...."

".... the potential for violence and harm..."

2. I wonder how difficult it will be to find an alternative view....

Not very:

13. Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
John F. Kennedy

3. The judges in the OP should immediately be disbarred.

Why?

Here's why:

"... it is not for the court to amend the Constitution by judicial decision."
Justice Charles Evans Hughes said that upon finding the the Guffey-Vinson Coal Act unconstitutional on May 18, 1936.

Do you understand that principle?
Judges cannot find against the Constitution and be any less than criminals.

I leave it to you to soul-search why you fear violence to such an extent that you would bow to threats.

4. On the bright side, I learned a new word:

cap·tious
ˈkapSHəs/Submit
adjectiveformal
(of a person) tending to find fault or raise petty objections.

Of course, you have misused it.....this is far from being 'petty.'
It is my country, and the only law that it's people have agreed to be governed by.
Too bad you don't understand that.

Yeah, too bad. Here is another word for you, Panoptic. Look it up then comport the rights of those you defend wearing our flag on their shirts and the rights of another group ripping our flag into little ribbons of red, white and blue.

On which side would you fall on the decision in Morse v. Frederick (551 US 393 [2007), aka BONG hits 4 Jesus?

I so look forward to reading your legal reasoning.

1. a ban at a California high school of students wearing tee-shirts....
......students who came to Live Oak High School outside San Jose were rounded up by teachers for engaging in offensive speech.

The speech? They had American flags on their T-shirts, something the school viewed as insulting to Hispanics.

2. "Massachusetts court says 'upskirt' photos are legal...(CNN) -- Massachusetts' highest court ruled Wednesday that it is not illegal to secretly photograph underneath a person's clothing -- a practice known as "upskirting" --"
Massachusetts court says 'upskirt' photos are legal - CNN.com

3." Mr. Bumble had little use for judicial reasoning. In Dickens' Oliver Twist, he put it rather bluntly: "'If the law supposes that', said Mr. Bumble, 'the law is a ass — a idiot.'"
Say What?! v3 [BLOGGER PREVIEW]

It seems CP has cut and run. I wonder which word scared her the most, "legal" or "reasoning"?

Run????

You moron....I ripped you a new one, showed what a cowardly fool you are....and, in your loneliness, you now demand that I continue to baby-sit you??????

Any who read our exchange will agree that I made the definitive case that you need to give back your 'man' card.

Now, why don't you go lay out in the middle of the street and count cars.

Poor PC, she seems to be having another reality break. The question she avoided, and replaced with a narcissistic rant was simple; the answer however required legal reasoning and for her a bout with cognitive dissonance - a foe she fears and thus ran away; only to return today armed not with an answer to a fair question but with her default position, the ad hominem. Calling me a moron isn't an answer PC, it is fatuous.

Poor PC, she seems to be having another reality break. The question she avoided, and replaced with a narcissistic rant was simple; the answer however required legal reasoning and for her a bout with cognitive dissonance - a foe she fears and thus ran away; only to return today armed not with an answer to a fair question but with her default position, the ad hominem. Calling me a moron isn't an answer PC, it is fatuous.

Calling you a moron is the truth, though.

Isn't it.

PC's cents (I have trouble using "sense" in that context) of liberty unbounded maybe ideologically sound for the extreme but for most of us it borders on absurdity. Only an idiot or an extremist would allow a situation to proceed when the potential for violence and harm appeared likely; only an extremist would comport the actions of a school administration acting to mitigate violence as an affront to liberty. And only someone as captious as PC would make a federal case out of it.

Only an idiot compares wearing a shirt that someone might attack you for wearing and putting OTHERS in danger by yelling fire in a theater. Let me straighten this out for you –

If I yell fire in a theater I have created a situation that puts people in danger.

When I wear a shirt that you don’t like I have NOT placed others in danger.

What this school has done is utterly asinine and wrong. They have limited the freedom of one person because of others who would break the law and attack them. Get a clue – it is the people that attack you for wearing the shirt who are the problem – not the students that wear an American flag. I suppose you think it would be perfectly fine to take away the ability for those students to wear a Mexican flag as well if the other students started assaulting them in response.

Why are we reinforcing the violence as a solution? If you don’t like a particular symbol – beat those up that are wearing it until the school capitulates and bans that symbol. The ‘reasoning’ here is utterly insane.

Only an idiot compares wearing a shirt that someone might attack you for wearing and putting OTHERS in danger by yelling fire in a theater. Let me straighten this out for you –

If I yell fire in a theater I have created a situation that puts people in danger.

When I wear a shirt that you don’t like I have NOT placed others in danger.

What this school has done is utterly asinine and wrong. They have limited the freedom of one person because of others who would break the law and attack them. Get a clue – it is the people that attack you for wearing the shirt who are the problem – not the students that wear an American flag. I suppose you think it would be perfectly fine to take away the ability for those students to wear a Mexican flag as well if the other students started assaulting them in response.

Why are we reinforcing the violence as a solution? If you don’t like a particular symbol – beat those up that are wearing it until the school capitulates and bans that symbol. The ‘reasoning’ here is utterly insane.

We can argue if wearing a flag shirt meets the standard for fighting words*** all day, but the reality is an administrator who believes a student wearing any symbol which has the potential in his or her opinion to create chaos has a duty to protect his student population. That is certainly not asinine or wrong and logic has nothing to do with it.

Yet my questions to PC do require legal reasoning so I pose them to you too:

Comport the rights of those you defend wearing our flag on their shirts and the rights of another group ripping our flag into little ribbons of red, white and blue.

And on which side would you fall on the decision in Morse v. Frederick (551 US 393 [2007), aka BONG hits 4 Jesus?

I so look forward to reading your legal reasoning.

*** fighting words n. words intentionally directed toward another person which are so nasty and full of malice as to cause the hearer to suffer emotional distress or incite him/her to immediately retaliate physically (hit, stab, shoot, etc.) While such words are not an excuse or defense for a retaliatory assault and battery, if they are threatening they can form the basis for a lawsuit for assault.
In the common law, assault is the tort of acting intentionally, that is with either general or specific intent, causing the reasonable apprehension of an immediate harmful or offensive contact. Because assault requires intent, it is considered an intentional tort, as opposed to a tort of negligence. Actual ability to carry out the apprehended contact is not necessary.

Last edited:
Looks like PC's right wing buddy has cut and run too.

Oooooo......everyone is terrified of you!

Pssst.....here's the low-down: you've been revealed to be a milk-person: 2% smart...

.....and the point of the OP has been confirmed.

You've served your purpose.

For you, fear and threats are a good enough reason to toss aside American principles.

So.....what's left to be said?

Accept your contumely, so richly deserved, and realize that even here, in internet-space, folks avoid you like an affliction.
Surely, you must be used to that by now.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Here is how North Korea solved the problem...

r-NORTH-KOREA-FIRST-DAY-SCHOOL-large570.jpg

And Australia;

Uniform - Epping Boys High School

scroll down.

Pssst.....here's the low-down: you've been revealed to be a milk-person: 2% smart...

For you, fear and threats are a good enough reason to toss aside American principles.

Accept your contumely, so richly deserved, and realize that even here, in internet-space, folks avoid you like an affliction.

You can fool some of the people all of the time; I suppose that suits your needs, and that's pitiful. I spent a career interacting in the real world with the high and mighty, the low and needy and the character disordered. You don't fool me.

You can fool some of the people all of the time; I suppose that suits your needs, and that's pitiful. I spent a career interacting in the real world with the high and mighty, the low and needy and the character disordered. You don't fool me.

What are you trying to say....'ya' can't fool a fool'????

What are you trying to say....'ya' can't fool a fool'????

My comment was quite clear. That you pretend otherwise is evidence of your dishonesty or pathology. In all honesty I don't give a damn if you're a liar or a psychotic.

School uniforms are the best idea...all the students dressed the same.
No fashion competitions, no slippers, no revealing attire, no flag wars...just studying.

But, if in America if the system is 'wear anything'...then American flag shirts should be able to be worn on any and every day.

Trouble is, not enough Americans are willing to fight for the right...and as a result, "Mexico" rules.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back