Our corrupt media

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
I would like to understand why you on the left approve of our media being in the tank for one candidate and not actually practicing journalism. I would like to understand why you condone a media that is so biased that the truth and facts are what they decide they are.

I do get it that they are helping your candidate right now. But think about it, it might not always be that way. A state controlled media will destroy this country by indoctrination and lies.

Why do you think you are incapable of making your own decisions after hearing both sides equally? Why do you want the media telling you what to believe and what to think?

Please don't respond with partisan bullshit, this is a serious question.

The media is on their side. Thinking ahead to possible implications is not something most people do anymore. We are in the ME ME ME generation. Everyone thinks they need to Tweet or Facebook as if anyone really gives a fuck about their mundane daily lives. Instant gratification > all else.

/thread

The media is on their side. Thinking ahead to possible implications is not something most people do anymore. We are in the ME ME ME generation. Everyone thinks they need to Tweet or Facebook as if anyone really gives a fuck about their mundane daily lives. Instant gratification > all else.

/thread

Yes, and a lying corrupt media will speed the destruction of our country, our society, and our culture. Its already happening.

I would like to understand why you on the left approve of our media being in the tank for one candidate and not actually practicing journalism. I would like to understand why you condone a media that is so biased that the truth and facts are what they decide they are.

I do get it that they are helping your candidate right now. But think about it, it might not always be that way. A state controlled media will destroy this country by indoctrination and lies.

Why do you think you are incapable of making your own decisions after hearing both sides equally? Why do you want the media telling you what to believe and what to think?

Right wing media isn't biased?
I'll bet the media you consume is 98+ percent right wing media, where there are no discernible journalistic standards.

So please, stop pretending.

I'll bet the media you consume is 98+ percent right wing media, where there are no discernible journalistic standards.

I see you missed the point entirely.

Should I be surprised?

Should I be surprised?
I didn't reply to your post. So what is your point?

right wing media: Limbaugh, Hannity
left wing media: everyone else. all networks, all newspapers, all of Hollywood, all of the music industry.

wake the fuck up and deal with reality--------------the media is lying to you and you are slurping it up like a pig in slop

Should I be surprised?
The point is his post which you ignored entirely and made it about him personally rather than opining on the actual topic.

Dickhead

Should I be surprised?
The point is his post which you ignored entirely and made it about him personally rather than opining on the actual topic.

Dickhead
He didn't make any points. Right wing media goes by another name, and that is propaganda. They have zero journalistic standards.

The media sells a product. If there were none who consumed such a product, Economics 101: it wouldn't sell.

As a conservative, do you consume media from MSNBC, CNN, or other such liberal or mainstream media outlets? Do liberals consume media from FOX, Drudge, Breitbart, or other such conservative media outlets?

Do you go to Olive Garden when you want steak? Do you go to Taco Bell when you want bbq?

The media isn't swaying the electorate, the electorate isn't swaying the media, but they do influence each other in an eternal negative feedback loop.

The reason Trump is getting shat on by the "msm" is because it sells.

Should I be surprised?

Dickhead
He didn't make any points. Right wing media goes by another name, and that is propaganda. They have zero journalistic standards.
Ground control to major Tom

right wing media: Limbaugh, Hannity
left wing media: everyone else.
Don't tell Steve Bannon.
How stupid are Trump's supporters if they believe this crap?

is Bannon on CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC? I never heard of the guy.

as to who is stupid. How stupid are Hillary supporters who continue to support a corrupt liar who constantly violated federal laws, who bribed the FBI and DOJ, and whose foundation is a front for laundering foreign money into the Clinton bank account.

Dude. Your OP is partisan so how are they to answer you without being so?

The media sells a product. If there were none who consumed such a product, Economics 101: it wouldn't sell.

As a conservative, do you consume media from MSNBC, CNN, or other such liberal or mainstream media outlets? Do liberals consume media from FOX, Drudge, Breitbart, or other such conservative media outlets?

Do you go to Olive Garden when you want steak? Do you go to Taco Bell when you want bbq?

The media isn't swaying the electorate, the electorate isn't swaying the media, but they do influence each other in an eternal negative feedback loop.

somewhat true, and what does that say about our society?

Should I be surprised?

Dickhead
Exactly. You have heard floridly psychotic statement like the NYT is unreliable because it has a liberal bias. And then you are stupid enough to believe that the NYT is no more reliable than Brietbart.

And that is mind numbingly stupid.

Dude. Your OP is partisan so how are they to answer you without being so?

Only because currently the media is partisan left. At some future time it could be partisan right. My point is that a partisan media is bad for any country, no matter which side it is on.

somewhat true, and what does that say about our society?

Two things:

1. The majority doesn't like Trump

2. They majority doesn't care about good journalism.

Should I be surprised?

Dickhead
Exactly. You have heard floridly psychotic statement like the NYT is unreliable because it has a liberal bias. And then you are stupid enough to believe that the NYT is no more reliable than Brietbart.

And that is mind numbingly stupid.

The NY times is going under, no one is buying it any more. why do you think that is happening?

I would like to understand why you on the left approve of our media being in the tank for one candidate

While there may be some media outlets that are "in the tank" of various politicians, there is no credible evidence that major news networks are. The mere fact that any news outlet communicates information that differs with what anyone wants to believe is true does not make the organization "in the tank" of anyone. If there's to be any bias among the major news outlets, it's found in the degree of completeness and comprehensiveness of factual information provided. (FWIW, that's why I tend to prefer PBS Newshour. That network is given to presenting a far more complete news presentation -- as compared with editorial discussion -- of matters.)

It is also essential that one, when consuming content from a news organization, be cognizant of what is news and what is editorial commentary. As goes the news content delivered by major news networks, Fox, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, and others, very little to none of it is biased one way or the other. As goes the editorial content, there is often bias, but then that's the whole point of delivering commentary on the news.

Forum List

Back