Our beloved friends at the TSA are at it again

That could very well be true but it isn't the OP's point.

You wouldn't make a very good Miss Cleo. That's exactly my point, that feeling up old ladies doesn't help you find terrorists.
Why not? If someone wanted to blow up a plane, a granny with only a few weeks left to live would be the perfect way to get a bomb on the plane if old ladies were exempt.

You either search people or you don't.
Yup.

The traveling public needs desperately to boycott flying until the TSA is dealt with appropriately! :eusa_angel:

Probably wont be a boycott but less & less Americans are travelling by air. Many are planning their Vacations around auto-travel instead. So in the end,the TSA is very bad for Business too. A powerful TSA Union will be an awful tragedy for this Nation. We desperately need to to take another look at Public Unions. Are they really good for the Country? Personally,i think they're terrible for the Country.

I avoid flying whenever its possible, its becoming too much of a hassle, at least you don't get strip searched during a long road trip.

Yea more & more Americans are beginning to feel that way too. You would think some would wake up and realize the TSA is also just bad for Business. What they did to this elderly person was just plain wrong. Heads need to roll. But don't count on that happening. It's very sad.

Probably wont be a boycott but less & less Americans are travelling by air. Many are planning their Vacations around auto-travel instead. So in the end,the TSA is very bad for Business too. A powerful TSA Union will be an awful tragedy for this Nation. We desperately need to to take another look at Public Unions. Are they really good for the Country? Personally,i think they're terrible for the Country.

I avoid flying whenever its possible, its becoming too much of a hassle, at least you don't get strip searched during a long road trip.

Yea more & more Americans are beginning to feel that way too. You would think some would wake up and realize the TSA is also just bad for Business. What they did to this elderly person was just plain wrong. Heads need to roll. But don't count on that happening. It's very sad.

They damn near mauled a 6 year old girl not too long ago, we shouldn't be surprised that they did this to the elderly.

That could very well be true but it isn't the OP's point.

You wouldn't make a very good Miss Cleo. That's exactly my point, that feeling up old ladies doesn't help you find terrorists.
Why not? If someone wanted to blow up a plane, a granny with only a few weeks left to live would be the perfect way to get a bomb on the plane if old ladies were exempt.

This is going to sound awful, but you are partially correct. the thing is, little old grandmas NOT of middle eastern decent are less likely to have a bomb in there kiester. We have to suffer being searched because we dont want to profile. TSA is an example of political correctness gone wild.

TSA: Treatment of elderly cancer patient raises questions about airport screening - baltimoresun.com

"The Transportation Security Administration could scarcely have bought itself worse publicity then recent revelation that a 95-year-old wheelchair-bound woman, a late-stage cancer patient, received a security pat-down and was ordered to remove her adult diaper by TSA agents in Florida."

I can't wait to hear the excuses for this.

The TSA tells a different version of the story. Sounds like the daughter stretched the truth.

TSA denies having required a 95-year-old woman to remove diaper - CNN.com

I'm wondering why the daughter didn't have a spare diaper for her sick mother.

Honestly, I don't think it's bad or good. It's just the way it has to be since some idiotic cultures think it's cool to blow folks up for no fucking reason.

As far as our Constitutional rights are concerned, we have a choice to fly or not. Those rights to search and seizure with respect to flying went away long before Obama was president and long before Bush was President. My bags have been rifled through since I can remember. And, I can't really claim that my Constitutional rights are violated because I don't HAVE to get on an airplane.

Personally, I think everyone is more upset than the woman it happened to. IF a bomb got thru via an old woman or even a child, some of y'all would be screaming Obama isn't doing enough to protect us.

This is going to sound awful, but you are partially correct. the thing is, little old grandmas NOT of middle eastern decent are less likely to have a bomb in there kiester. We have to suffer being searched because we dont want to profile. TSA is an example of political correctness gone wild.
And, if we profile ethnicity, all the idiotic terrorists have to do is recruit another John Walker Lindh.

We need to seriously profile behavior. Supposedly, we already do, but I don't see it being done seriously. Also, I think they need to be more selective in recruiting TSA agents...like get a brighter bunch of them so that they CAN do behavior profiling.

The TSA tells a different version of the story. Sounds like the daughter stretched the truth.

She said she and her mother then went to a bathroom and removed the wet diaper, then went back through the screening checkpoint.

Weber said her mother, a nurse for 65 years, "was very calm" despite being bothered by the fact that she went on to complete her journey without underwear.

I hope mama pissed all over dat aeroplane.

I personally would be upset if I had to sit next to someone on an airplane with a smelly diaper.

Why the hell didn't the daughter take care to make sure Mom didn't have a WET diaper on? Something stinks. Literally.
The daughter got caught being a fucktard so to skew the attention from herself, she makes up the TSA did something wrong.

TSA: Treatment of elderly cancer patient raises questions about airport screening - baltimoresun.com

"The Transportation Security Administration could scarcely have bought itself worse publicity then recent revelation that a 95-year-old wheelchair-bound woman, a late-stage cancer patient, received a security pat-down and was ordered to remove her adult diaper by TSA agents in Florida."

I can't wait to hear the excuses for this.

Right? IMO she is raising this fuss because she looks like a lazy twit for not having the spare diaper. Her poor mother was probably mortified.

Right? IMO she is raising this fuss because she looks like a lazy twit for not having the spare diaper. Her poor mother was probably mortified.
Man, that is just wrong.

What an awful thing to do to her mother.

Time for the mother to write a new will.

I hope mama pissed all over dat aeroplane.

I personally would be upset if I had to sit next to someone on an airplane with a smelly diaper.

Why the hell didn't the daughter take care to make sure Mom didn't have a WET diaper on? Something stinks. Literally.
The daughter got caught being a fucktard so to skew the attention from herself, she makes up the TSA did something wrong.

I should have kept reading before I posted.

:thup:

And, if we profile ethnicity, all the idiotic terrorists have to do is recruit another John Walker Lindh.

We need to seriously profile behavior. Supposedly, we already do, but I don't see it being done seriously. Also, I think they need to be more selective in recruiting TSA agents...like get a brighter bunch of them so that they CAN do behavior profiling.

I am a white male, 6ft 2in, and weigh 210. I shave my head, and I am tattooed from both wrists to the small of my back. I get pulled aside and searched at concerts, as well as by the police when stopped in traffic. its because I fit a profile. I'm with ya. It can be done humanly. Oh, and except for the cops and TSA, I normally get pulled aside out of view of bystanders so its not so humiliating.

Last edited:

I am a white male, 6ft 2in, and weigh 210. I shave my head, and I am tattooed from both wrists to the small of my back. I get pulled aside and searched at concerts, as well as by the police when stopped in traffic. its because I fit a profile. I'm with ya. It can be done humanly. Oh, and except for the cops and TSA, I normally get pulled aside out of view of bystanders so its not so humiliating.
My apologies to my cop friends, but they aren't known for being the brightest bunch, either. It's a hell of a lot easier to profile appearances than to apply thought in analyzing behavior. The training for it requires thought and the practice of it requires continual thought.

Sorry to my cop friends. There really are some sharp ones, but generally not so much.

Working at the airport for a major airline I see things you guys will never know about. The worst abuses by TSA clowns is behind the scenes. When your bag leaves your hand it heads to a bunch of minimum wage idiots where they break your lock or get into it with a universal key, they rifle through your bag and often take valuables. I see bags with zippers left open constantly. If there is something in the bag that vibrates, toothbrush, shaver or personal massage tool, these immature jerks will turn it on so that it freaks out the baggage handlers when it finally gets to them to load on to the plane. If your bag doesn't make it on your flight, 9 times out of 10 it's TSA's fault.

My apologies to my cop friends, but they aren't known for being the brightest bunch, either. It's a hell of a lot easier to profile appearances than to apply thought in analyzing behavior. The training for it requires thought and the practice of it requires continual thought.

Sorry to my cop friends. There really are some sharp ones, but generally not so much.

True, but I fit a profile. Thats the breaks. I can deal with that. You are right though, lots of places profile. I guess there is just no money in it for the likes of Michael Chertoff, as well as other lobbyist in Washington.

But no one wants to pay for that. So things will stay pretty much as they are now.

Forum List

Back