Osama was Captured and Executed by US

• Thread starter One small Voice
  • Start date
Originally posted by One small Voice
joke, you have to read between the lines.

When it comes to threats, I would suggest you not. Subtle or not.

joke, you have to read between the lines.

I would hate like hell to try to have a conversation with you....it seems you could read between the lines of a childrens book.

Originally posted by Kathianne
When it comes to threats, I would suggest you not. Subtle or not.

What is all that meeting in Jersey stuff? You people are nuts. Two people going to find a place to duke it out and I thow in a joke and you panties get all knotted up, sheeesh.

What is all that meeting in Jersey stuff? You people are nuts. Two people going to find a place to duke it out and I thow in a joke and you panties get all knotted up, sheeesh.

I suggest you get serious about the meeting.

Last time I killed someone I got into trouble so I stopped doing it so do not ask me to do it again, OK? posted by one small mind

Not a joke.

: Did you -- did your guys come out with more people than they went in with on this? Did you bring someone out?

Rumsfeld: You know, here -- let me explain the problem here. The short answer is no, we did not take any prisoners or bring out any detainees for interrogation.

Q: Or defectors, volunteers, people who wanted to come out?

Rumsfeld: The answer is no.

Now I don't know that answering it that way makes a lot of sense, and let me tell you why. They may not know whether we did or not. In war, things are confused, and they may not know. And so it may have been better for me -- and I thought about this before I came down here and decided to answer it just the way I have -- but in the future, I'm not going to. (Chuckles.)

Our goal is not to demystify things for the other side. This is a very complicated set of problems. The goal is to confuse, it is make more difficult, it is to add cost, it is to frighten, and it is to defeat the Taliban and the al Qaeda.

And I answered it honestly because it just struck me it would be a useful example. But in the future I'm not going to answer it.

My interpretation is that he is basically saying that at that particular time they did not take anyone because in his short answer he said "no." He then further elaborated that in the future he would not answer this type of question with a direct response, even though in most cases it is his wish to do so, but if he did in a case like this (taking prisoners, defectors) he would be giving valuable intelligence to the enemy.

I fail to see how you "interpret" Rummy saying anything than NO, for this specific military action. Kindly elaborate your theory instead of telling us to read between the lines. It's not hard, I promise.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
I am always up for a battle it's a passion of mine!
We're not talking about a Dungeons & Dragons battle here, you know that right?

I'll have to decline your offer for now as tempting as it is. Maybe if you lived closer, it would be interesting to meet up and see what happens. But I tend to be skeptical about meeting up with some online freak who I don't know at some truck stop in East Chuckafuck, NJ or wherever it is you come from. It would just be a waste of my valuable time.

Originally posted by Yurt
: Did you -- did your guys come out with more people than they went in with on this? Did you bring someone out?

Rumsfeld: You know, here -- let me explain the problem here. The short answer is no, we did not take any prisoners or bring out any detainees for interrogation.

Rumsfeld: The answer is no.

Now I don't know that answering it that way makes a lot of sense, and let me tell you why. They may not know whether we did or not. In war, things are confused, and they may not know. And so it may have been better for me -- and I thought about this before I came down here and decided to answer it just the way I have -- but in the future, I'm not going to. (Chuckles.)

Our goal is not to demystify things for the other side. This is a very complicated set of problems. The goal is to confuse, it is make more difficult, it is to add cost, it is to frighten, and it is to defeat the Taliban and the al Qaeda.

And I answered it honestly because it just struck me it would be a useful example. But in the future I'm not going to answer it.

My interpretation is that he is basically saying that at that particular time they did not take anyone because in his short answer he said "no." He then further elaborated that in the future he would not answer this type of question with a direct response, even though in most cases it is his wish to do so, but if he did in a case like this (taking prisoners, defectors) he would be giving valuable intelligence to the enemy.

I fail to see how you "interpret" Rummy saying anything than NO, for this specific military action. Kindly elaborate your theory instead of telling us to read between the lines. It's not hard, I promise.

I read his statement to mean that he is not going to give an answer that the enemy can use so actually we have no answer.

Originally posted by Patriot54
We're not talking about a Dungeons & Dragons battle here, you know that right?

I'll have to decline your offer for now as tempting as it is. Maybe if you lived closer, it would be interesting to meet up and see what happens. But I tend to be skeptical about meeting up with some online freak who I don't know at some truck stop in East Chuckafuck, NJ or wherever it is you come from. It would just be a waste of my valuable time.

cluck, cluck, cluck :rolleyes:

NATO - no action talk only

Not for you to worry about! so will see it as your joke for now, please avoid silly statements like that in the future!

and I guess you were joking too, right? OH, HAHAHAHAHA that was really funny.

I read his statement to mean that he is not going to give an answer that the enemy can use so actually we have no answer.

Did you -- did your guys come out with more people than they went in with on this? Did you bring someone out?

Rumsfeld: The answer is NO.

Here is expressly says NO. He then goes in arguably confusing fashion to explain:

And so it may have been better for me -- and I thought about this before I came down here and decided to answer it just the way I have -- but in the future, I'm not going to.

Seems that he was not sure how to answer this question before he came down. Does he say NO or does he say YES, or does he reply with No Comment. Seems he struggled, then decided that this time, and only this time, that he will answer the question directly. "
But in the future, I'm not going too."

Hmmm, figured as much! probably the smartest thing you stated all day though!
Get over yourself - I've been through this before when I had beef with someone last summer who lived somewhat near me. The park he told me to go to didn't even exist! (neither did the street for that matter). I was a fool to even think about it, but I figured it was close, so what the hell.

Did you really think I was going to drive halfway to Jersey hoping you might show up? Just like I knew you weren't going to drive 2 hours in each direction to meet me. If you were, then you are truly as bored as I think you are - get out and get some sun or something, there's more to life than your message board.

Originally posted by Patriot54
Get over yourself - I've been through this before when I had beef with someone last summer who lived somewhat near me. The park he told me to go to didn't even exist! (neither did the street for that matter). I was a fool to even think about it, but I figured it was close, so what the hell.

Did you really think I was going to drive halfway to Jersey hoping you might show up? Just like I knew you weren't going to drive 2 hours in each direction to meet me. If you were, then you are truly as bored as I think you are - get out and get some sun or something, there's more to life than your message board.

uuuh, aren't you still replying and keeping out of the sun?:p:

Originally posted by Yurt
Did you -- did your guys come out with more people than they went in with on this? Did you bring someone out?

Rumsfeld: The answer is NO.

Here is expressly says NO. He then goes in arguably confusing fashion to explain:

And so it may have been better for me -- and I thought about this before I came down here and decided to answer it just the way I have -- but in the future, I'm not going to.

Seems that he was not sure how to answer this question before he came down. Does he say NO or does he say YES, or does he reply with No Comment. Seems he struggled, then decided that this time, and only this time, that he will answer the question directly. "
But in the future, I'm not going too."

We read this differently, I think he thought about the answer he was going to give and decided he was not going to give the enemy what they wanted so he gave his answer and explained his answers mean nothing.

Then why doesn't Al-Quada claim he is killed or captured? They would hide either case to benefit Bush, as you say?

Patriot54 and One small voice - this will be the first warning from me and the last. Don't question me and don't complain. Just start posting in a civil manner or you're gone.

End of discussion.

We read this differently, I think he thought about the answer he was going to give and decided he was not going to give the enemy what they wanted so he gave his answer and explained his answers mean nothing.

Fair enough, what say you to this:

1. "Rumsfeld: The answer is no. "

2."and I thought about this before I came down here and decided to answer it just the way I have"

3. (most important) "And I answered it [honestly] because it just struck me it would be a useful example"

If I have taken something out of context, then I stand corrected.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Patriot54 and One small voice - this will be the first warning from me and the last. Don't question me and don't complain. Just start posting in a civil manner or you're gone.

End of discussion.
Tell it to someone who cares. By the way, I have a question and a complaint :D

Question: What's wrong with you?

Complaint: Your board is just a place for conservatives to stroke their own egos, among other things

Let's see if I can make it to 100 posts.....

Forum List

Back