"Operation Purge"...

The Wife has been getting into this lately.
With my bum hip and back I havent cleaned the garage in five years and it's a mess!!!
Found a company that will do it but I'm going to be tossing out shit thats worth quite a bit of money. We cant have garage sales in my neighborhood and I refuse to sell it on ebay because I dont want a bunch of strangers at my house.
It's a real conundrum.
I have a $1600 dollar custom canvas tent thats been used maybe a dozen times....off it goes. Two 5x5 kennels that were used inside for 3 months too keep the dogs separated when one came down with parvo,disassembled and put back in the original boxes....they gotta go.
A shit ton of offshore tackle and rods...gone. And the list goes on.....
I hate to do it but I really dont have much choice.
What kind of tent????

Uuuuh...a canvas one?
If I remember correctly it's 10x12,has an AC sock and a sewn in rubber floor.
I believe I had it made from a guy in Idaho who specializes in custom hunting tents.
Okay........ Ya do realize that even canvas tents come in many shapes and sizes........, right? Even hunting tents come in many shapes and sizes....... :D
Thought maybe it might be a period correct tent. Oh well, knew my luck wasn't that good. :lol:

Uh...I said it was 10x12.
Yeah ya did. Pyramidal? Tipi style? Marquee? Wedge? Baker? Wall tent? Just to name a few....... :)

Wall tent.
Who the fuck buys anything in a canvas tent other than a wall tent?

With my bum hip and back I havent cleaned the garage in five years and it's a mess!!!
Found a company that will do it but I'm going to be tossing out shit thats worth quite a bit of money. We cant have garage sales in my neighborhood and I refuse to sell it on ebay because I dont want a bunch of strangers at my house.
It's a real conundrum.
I have a $1600 dollar custom canvas tent thats been used maybe a dozen times....off it goes. Two 5x5 kennels that were used inside for 3 months too keep the dogs separated when one came down with parvo,disassembled and put back in the original boxes....they gotta go.
What kind of tent????

Uuuuh...a canvas one?
I believe I had it made from a guy in Idaho who specializes in custom hunting tents.
Okay........ Ya do realize that even canvas tents come in many shapes and sizes........, right? Even hunting tents come in many shapes and sizes....... :D
Thought maybe it might be a period correct tent. Oh well, knew my luck wasn't that good. :lol:

Yeah ya did. Pyramidal? Tipi style? Marquee? Wedge? Baker? Wall tent? Just to name a few....... :)

Wall tent.
Lots of people. I have a wedge tent with doors on both ends, some people have Sibleys, some have tipis, marquees (which would be nice), bell tents, pyramid tents.

It's a real conundrum.
What kind of tent????

Uuuuh...a canvas one?

Wall tent.
Lots of people. I have a wedge tent with doors on both ends, some people have Sibleys, some have tipis, marquees (which would be nice), bell tents, pyramid tents.

I prefer a wall tent. You can actually stand up anywhere in the tent and you can use all the floor space.

It's a real conundrum.
What kind of tent????

Uuuuh...a canvas one?

Wall tent.

I prefer a wall tent. You can actually stand up anywhere in the tent and you can use all the floor space.
If that's what floats your boat then more power to ya. Ever been in a 24' (diameter) tipi? Boat loads of room, you can stand upright just about everywhere. build a fire in it but a major pain to transport (the poles) and can take an hour to set up with help, half a weekend without help.......... :lol:

It's a real conundrum.
What kind of tent????

Uuuuh...a canvas one?

Wall tent.

If that's what floats your boat then more power to ya. Ever been in a 24' (diameter) tipi? Boat loads of room, you can stand upright just about everywhere. build a fire in it but a major pain to transport (the poles) and can take an hour to set up with help, half a weekend without help.......... :lol:

Right up until you get by the walls.
You can also put a stove in a wall tent.

It's a real conundrum.
What kind of tent????

Uuuuh...a canvas one?

Wall tent.

You can put a stove in just about any tent not that it would be a good idea in some...... :lol:

It's a real conundrum.
What kind of tent????

Uuuuh...a canvas one?

Wall tent.

Ya also have to realize that modern wall tents and civil war wall tents are two different animals, the walls in a civ war wall tent are only around 4' high.

It's a real conundrum.
What kind of tent????

Uuuuh...a canvas one?

Wall tent.

Ya also have to realize that modern wall tents and civil war wall tents are two different animals, the walls in a civ war wall tent are only around 4' high.

This isnt a civil war era tent.

It's a real conundrum.
What kind of tent????

Uuuuh...a canvas one?

Wall tent.

This isnt a civil war era tent.
Kinda figured that one out......... :D

Reginald and Glaydys Laubin "The tipi book" Mine is so worn I need another!

Forum List

Back