One For History Buffs That I Bet You Did Not Know

Go talk to

Donald Rumsfeld

He wrote the book... RELEASE DATE: May 15, 2018
Hitler wrote Mein Kampf. And?
:rolleyes:

...and you are one illogical, screwed up dude.
Says the guy who starts a thread saying there was only ONE senator who opposed helping out S Vietnamese civilians. Not only did he not say that (in my link there is actually a transcript on record), but he was taken completely out of context.

Haters are gonna hate I guess. For no reason, too.
The OP content is based on the contents of Donald Rumsfeld's book. I did not author any of it.

And it did not say "only one Senator...." It said "one Senator". You should take a reading comprehension course and learn the difference.

It said that Joe Biden was one Senator opposed to giving President Ford the funds to evacuate our Vietnamese allies from Saigon, forcing Ford to use other methods to save at least 1500 lives.

Your own link confirms that:
The Washington Examiner said:
Kissinger said there were “Vietnamese to whom we have an obligation,” but Biden responded: “I will vote for any amount for getting the Americans out. I don’t want it mixed with getting the Vietnamese out.”

Those quotes represent the exact words that Kissinger and Biden uttered...as shown in your link's verification of the conversation:
View attachment 479371

So Biden wanted any aid in evacuating the Vietnamese refuges to be delayed? Surely he knew many of them would be killed before we got back to rescue them. They should have been allowed to come out with us.

Even the Snopes article (written with its liberal twist) quotes Rumsfeld's book showing Biden's dissent in helping the Vietnamese allies get out:

Meeting with a group of influential Senators, Ford repeatedly tried to sway them with what he believed deeply was our country’s moral responsibility to help refugees fleeing persecution. Repeatedly, a number of Senate Democrats dissented, including the young outspoken Senator Joe Biden.
[…] Senator Biden of Delaware then spoke up and got back again on the delays in getting Americans out. He also expressed hostility towards the idea of bringing out any South Vietnamese.

...and:

President: If there isn’t some indication of aid, the situation could disintegrate rapidly.
Sen. Jacob Javits (Republican): I will give you large sums for evacuation, but not one nickel for military aid for Thieu.
Sen. Frank Church (Democrat): I would think that if money is required to facilitate getting the Americans out, that can be worked out. What has not been worked out is the Vietnamese evacuees. Secretary Kissinger has said maybe there are 175,000. Clearly there is no legal inhibition to bringing some out along with Americans, but 175,000, with American troops involved, could involve us in a very large war. This raises the specter of a new war, thousands of American troops holding on in an enclave for a long period.
President: It is not envisaged that this would be for a long period but as quickly and precisely as possible.
Biden: What concerns us is that a week ago [Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, Philip] Habib told us we would be formulating a plan. A week has gone by and nothing has happened. We should focus on getting them out. Getting the Vietnamese out and military aid for the GVN [Government of South Vietnam] are totally different.
[…]
Kissinger: The plan for American evacuation is in pretty good shape. But we had a report that if we pulled out and left them in the lurch, we may have to fight the South Vietnamese. It was that we were concerned with and that is why we waited to go to Thieu so we didn’t do it in the context of a bug out. The second problem is getting American citizens out in an emergency. Third is the Vietnamese to whom we have an obligation. This is infinitely more complicated and large-scale. It requires cooperation from the GVN and maybe the North Vietnamese.
Biden: I feel put upon in being presented an all or nothing number. I don’t want to have to vote to buy it all or not at all. I am not sure I can vote for an amount to put American troops in for one to six months to get the Vietnamese out. I will vote for any amount for getting the Americans out. I don’t want it mixed with getting the Vietnamese out.
[…]
Sen. Hugh Scott (Republican): I agree to the proposal. One thing we haven’t discussed is the amounts. I think we need to discuss a figure.
Biden: I don’t want to commit myself to any precise number. How much money depends on how many we try to get out.

As the 2020 election approached, Biden pandered to the Vietnamese American citizens for their vote:

Many in the Vietnamese American community still believe that Biden did not support refugee resettlement and in October 2020, ahead of the U.S. presidential election, in a bid to attract their support, Biden addressed this in an op-ed in a Vietnamese language newspaper:

I am very proud to support the historical law, which brought the first 130,000 refugees from Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia to the United States in 1975 and passed a resolution welcoming them. I voted to increase the budget to help the new Vietnamese settle and I have co-sponsored [the law] that led to the formation of the immigration system under the current refugee status.

The Vietnamese American voters had good reason not to trust Lyin' Joe Biden:

On April 25, 1975, Biden opposed “The Vietnam Contingency Act of 1975” which would send emergency funds to South Vietnam for evacuation and relief efforts. Biden expressed his concerns over how aid money intended for evacuation was going to be used, and the limits of the powers of the U.S. president. On April 23, 1975, in a speech on the Senate floor, Biden argued that the president had constitutional authority to evacuate U.S. citizens, but the evacuation of noncitizens was an entirely different matter that should be negotiated “through organizations that are available, and through diplomatic channels that we could use.”

In the same speech in the Senate, he argued that “there is no question in anybody’s mind […] that the bill’s section 2, containing $100 million, labelled as a ‘contingency fund’ may not be, but clearly could be, used for military aid to the South Vietnamese government.” He argued that $100 million in the evacuation contingency fund was “not a diplomatic channel,” and would even “aggravate” the situation, which he described as the North Vietnamese “[continuing] to tighten their military noose around Saigon […] they are in a position today to interdict Tassonhut airport.” Humanitarian aid, he said, should be sent through “multilateral organizations.” The aid package eventually died on the House floor anyway, and days later the South Vietnamese capital fell to the North Vietnamese army.

I wonder how many South Vietnamese were killed before our evacuation aid reached them.

You're doing exactly what I accused Rummy of doing. Cherry picking. I couldn't make this shit up...
You're the dog-faced pony soldier that made up the "only one Senator" shit, wise guy.

I couldn't make this shit up... :asshole:

Go talk to

Donald Rumsfeld

Says the guy who starts a thread saying there was only ONE senator who opposed helping out S Vietnamese civilians. Not only did he not say that (in my link there is actually a transcript on record), but he was taken completely out of context.

The OP content is based on the contents of Donald Rumsfeld's book. I did not author any of it.

And it did not say "only one Senator...." It said "one Senator". You should take a reading comprehension course and learn the difference.

It said that Joe Biden was one Senator opposed to giving President Ford the funds to evacuate our Vietnamese allies from Saigon, forcing Ford to use other methods to save at least 1500 lives.

Kissinger said there were “Vietnamese to whom we have an obligation,” but Biden responded: “I will vote for any amount for getting the Americans out. I don’t want it mixed with getting the Vietnamese out.”

Those quotes represent the exact words that Kissinger and Biden uttered...as shown in your link's verification of the conversation:
View attachment 479371

So Biden wanted any aid in evacuating the Vietnamese refuges to be delayed? Surely he knew many of them would be killed before we got back to rescue them. They should have been allowed to come out with us.

Even the Snopes article (written with its liberal twist) quotes Rumsfeld's book showing Biden's dissent in helping the Vietnamese allies get out:

Meeting with a group of influential Senators, Ford repeatedly tried to sway them with what he believed deeply was our country’s moral responsibility to help refugees fleeing persecution. Repeatedly, a number of Senate Democrats dissented, including the young outspoken Senator Joe Biden.
[…] Senator Biden of Delaware then spoke up and got back again on the delays in getting Americans out. He also expressed hostility towards the idea of bringing out any South Vietnamese.

...and:

President: If there isn’t some indication of aid, the situation could disintegrate rapidly.
Sen. Jacob Javits (Republican): I will give you large sums for evacuation, but not one nickel for military aid for Thieu.
Sen. Frank Church (Democrat): I would think that if money is required to facilitate getting the Americans out, that can be worked out. What has not been worked out is the Vietnamese evacuees. Secretary Kissinger has said maybe there are 175,000. Clearly there is no legal inhibition to bringing some out along with Americans, but 175,000, with American troops involved, could involve us in a very large war. This raises the specter of a new war, thousands of American troops holding on in an enclave for a long period.
President: It is not envisaged that this would be for a long period but as quickly and precisely as possible.
Biden: What concerns us is that a week ago [Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, Philip] Habib told us we would be formulating a plan. A week has gone by and nothing has happened. We should focus on getting them out. Getting the Vietnamese out and military aid for the GVN [Government of South Vietnam] are totally different.
[…]
Kissinger: The plan for American evacuation is in pretty good shape. But we had a report that if we pulled out and left them in the lurch, we may have to fight the South Vietnamese. It was that we were concerned with and that is why we waited to go to Thieu so we didn’t do it in the context of a bug out. The second problem is getting American citizens out in an emergency. Third is the Vietnamese to whom we have an obligation. This is infinitely more complicated and large-scale. It requires cooperation from the GVN and maybe the North Vietnamese.
Biden: I feel put upon in being presented an all or nothing number. I don’t want to have to vote to buy it all or not at all. I am not sure I can vote for an amount to put American troops in for one to six months to get the Vietnamese out. I will vote for any amount for getting the Americans out. I don’t want it mixed with getting the Vietnamese out.
[…]
Sen. Hugh Scott (Republican): I agree to the proposal. One thing we haven’t discussed is the amounts. I think we need to discuss a figure.
Biden: I don’t want to commit myself to any precise number. How much money depends on how many we try to get out.

As the 2020 election approached, Biden pandered to the Vietnamese American citizens for their vote:

Many in the Vietnamese American community still believe that Biden did not support refugee resettlement and in October 2020, ahead of the U.S. presidential election, in a bid to attract their support, Biden addressed this in an op-ed in a Vietnamese language newspaper:

I am very proud to support the historical law, which brought the first 130,000 refugees from Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia to the United States in 1975 and passed a resolution welcoming them. I voted to increase the budget to help the new Vietnamese settle and I have co-sponsored [the law] that led to the formation of the immigration system under the current refugee status.

On April 25, 1975, Biden opposed “The Vietnam Contingency Act of 1975” which would send emergency funds to South Vietnam for evacuation and relief efforts. Biden expressed his concerns over how aid money intended for evacuation was going to be used, and the limits of the powers of the U.S. president. On April 23, 1975, in a speech on the Senate floor, Biden argued that the president had constitutional authority to evacuate U.S. citizens, but the evacuation of noncitizens was an entirely different matter that should be negotiated “through organizations that are available, and through diplomatic channels that we could use.”

In the same speech in the Senate, he argued that “there is no question in anybody’s mind […] that the bill’s section 2, containing $100 million, labelled as a ‘contingency fund’ may not be, but clearly could be, used for military aid to the South Vietnamese government.” He argued that $100 million in the evacuation contingency fund was “not a diplomatic channel,” and would even “aggravate” the situation, which he described as the North Vietnamese “[continuing] to tighten their military noose around Saigon […] they are in a position today to interdict Tassonhut airport.” Humanitarian aid, he said, should be sent through “multilateral organizations.” The aid package eventually died on the House floor anyway, and days later the South Vietnamese capital fell to the North Vietnamese army.

I wonder how many South Vietnamese were killed before our evacuation aid reached them.

You're doing exactly what I accused Rummy of doing. Cherry picking. I couldn't make this shit up...
You're the dog-faced pony soldier that made up the "only one Senator" shit, wise guy.

I didn't make it up. The guy who you are kneeling in front of with his zipper open - Rummy boy - is the one who said it.

Go talk to

Donald Rumsfeld

View attachment 479371

...and:

[…]
[…]

I didn't make it up. The guy who you are kneeling in front of with his zipper open - Rummy boy - is the one who said it.
YOU added the "only" part. Read the OP, then read your own post, you dimwit dog-faced pony soldier!

Aside from that you dumbass dog, it is not a direct quote from the book. It is paraphrased by the author of the article. Rumsfeld points out in his book that Joe Biden was opposed to Ford's plan to evacuate South Vietnamese refugees. The article author recognizes Biden as one Senator who did so. There may have been others. The author did not say "only one Senator". YOU DID!

YOU added the "only" part. Read the OP, then read your own post, you dimwit dog-faced pony soldier!

Aside from that you dumbass dog, it is not a direct quote from the book. It is paraphrased by the author of the article. Rumsfeld points out in his book that Joe Biden was opposed to Ford's plan to evacuate South Vietnamese refugees. The article author recognizes Biden as one Senator who did so. There may have been others. The author did not say "only one Senator". YOU DID!
But he wasn't opposed to evacuating South Vietnamese you dumb sack of shit.

It is you that is quite a dumb, dog-faced pony soldier sack of shit.

You should read and try to understand the last significant paragraph of Biden's speech when he was saying he would vote against the bill.

(Parentheses and underlining are mine.)

“...Why are American citizens still there? Why do we need this additional power, even though it is stated that they can only take out Vietnamese incidental to evacuation of Americans? There should be no incidental to (taking out of Vietnamese under this bill). They (American citizens) should be out. They (American citizens) should be out. They (American citizens) should be gone. We should be taking a totally different course of action.”

Biden opposed evacuating South Vietnamese refugees along with American citizens. That is why he planned to vote against the bill.

1618441526537.png

You should read and try to understand the last significant paragraph of Biden's speech when he was saying he would vote against the bill.

“...Why are American citizens still there? Why do we need this additional power, even though it is stated that they can only take out Vietnamese incidental to evacuation of Americans? There should be no incidental to (taking out of Vietnamese under this bill). They (American citizens) should be out. They (American citizens) should be out. They (American citizens) should be gone. We should be taking a totally different course of action.”

Biden opposed evacuating South Vietnamese refugees along with American citizens. That is why he planned to vote against the bill.

View attachment 479908
1618450357860.png

ONE FOR HISTORY BUFFS THAT I BET YOU DID NOT KNOW

In 1975, President Ford was left to manage the difficult ending of the Vietnam War. President Ford went to Congress for a relief package to allow American personnel and our allies to evacuate.

However, there was
ONE US SENATOR who opposed any such support. The result was the embarrassing and hurried evacuation from the roof of the American embassy in Saigon.

This senator reveled in the embarrassment and did everything he could to leverage it politically against Ford.

Despite the efforts of this U.S. Senator--President Ford managed to rescue 1,500 South Vietnamese allies prior to the country's fall. Had President Ford not acted quickly, these people would have been targeted and slaughtered for their support for America.

When they arrived in America, President Ford asked Congress for a package to assist these refugees to integrate into American society. That SAME troublesome SENATOR TORPEDOED ANY SUPPORT for these shell shocked, anti-communist, Americans and our helpers, the refugees.

Instead, President Ford had to recruit Christian organizations to offer assistance on a voluntary basis.
As he did so, the Senator belittled those efforts.

What kind of person would oppose President Ford's tireless work to do the right and humanitarian thing?
Who would want to play politics with the well-being of innocent people who stood by America in the tragic Vietnam War?

THAT SENATOR WAS JOE BIDEN

From the book - "When the Center Held." by Donald Rumsfeld in 2018.(biography)
... spread it, far and wide!
Made up

View attachment 479908
Biden was right to ask "why?"

Forum List

Back