One Candidate For President Disqualified Themselves Today

With one answer the hildabitch proved she was unfit for the office. When asked about the Supreme Court, in almost 3 minute answer, she went on and on how the justices she would pick would go along with her radical agenda. Not once did she mention she would appoint one who would uphold the Constitution or the rule of law, which is the only function of the court. She basically vowed to continue to politicize the court to push her radical leftist agenda.

This, in any reasonable persons mind, should disqualify her form the office.

Your thoughts?
Believe it or not, I actually agree with you on this. Interpreting the constitution as it is written would be the best answer. It's what a SC judge does and she didn't mention it.

It is, however, important to appoint judges who lack strong partisan politics. Scalia was a sack of shit.

You must be bipolar, because your two statements were total opposites. Scalia was the only true constitutionalist on the court, with Beyer, Thomas and Alito following pretty close. Roberts has proven to be a total disappointment, allowing the court to inter the legislative realm by rewriting the ACA not once but twice. Roberts needs to be impeached along with the other judges that followed him down that unconstitutional path.

Ok, I'm confused... does it really matter who she wants as long as there is a Republican ruled Senate? They have to confirm the appointee in order for them to actually get the nomination. Otherwise Hillary will have to keep sending up new candidates until the Senate approves one.

Do you seriously think there is a shortage of left wing judges out there? Hell Harvard doesn't even require constitutional study to get a law degree any more, thanks to one of maobabas picks, Kagan.

Ok, I'm confused... does it really matter who she wants as long as there is a Republican ruled Senate? They have to confirm the appointee in order for them to actually get the nomination. Otherwise Hillary will have to keep sending up new candidates until the Senate approves one.

Do you seriously think there is a shortage of left wing judges out there? Hell Harvard doesn't even require constitutional study to get a law degree any more, thanks to one of maobabas picks, Kagan.

I'm still not getting your point. Hillary has to walk a fine line of finding someone that might follow her ideas... yet they have to be conservative enough that the Senate will approve them. Crazy thing is, they have to replace Scalia... but isn't Thomas about to retire too?

Democrats are taking the Senate too.

Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and I think PA are giving the Repubicans the boot. With Caine to break ties...we will have a functioning government once more.

That may be, but I'm just pointing out that Hillary wouldn't be able to just pick a judge that fits her needs and get them to slide into the Supreme Court. It's part of the checks and balances system.

There's that.

Also....

Judges are very independent minded. It comes with the robe. When you give them a lifetime appointment; you get complete independence. Just because HRC thinks they will rule one way or another; that may not be the case; it may never be the case.

Every court case has nuances...Very rarely are there cut and dried circumstances that result in a one-size-fits-all decision.

With one answer the hildabitch proved she was unfit for the office. When asked about the Supreme Court, in almost 3 minute answer, she went on and on how the justices she would pick would go along with her radical agenda. Not once did she mention she would appoint one who would uphold the Constitution or the rule of law, which is the only function of the court. She basically vowed to continue to politicize the court to push her radical leftist agenda.

Your thoughts?

Whomever she appoints will be vetted by the Senate. Just as it has been, just as it should be.
Disqualified? You're thinking of Trump
This is true but her attitude on picking one didn't include a strict interpretation of the constitution as written. I hate to admit it, but oktexas is right about this.

If we strictly interpret the Constitution as written, there is no language in the document that would have allowed the Louisiana Purchase, the creation of the Marines or the Air Force or the Coast Guard, NASA, FEMA or any number of vital government agencies.

Perhaps some would like to freeze time in the 1790's back when it was ratified. I think the majority of Americans would prefer the world of today vs the world of the 1790's. Up to and including the 20% or so of America who are African American. Of course strict constitutionalists would not know there is 20%. Given the 3/5 compromise, there would be only 12% of the nation since blacks are counted as 3/5 of a person....right?

The Louisiana purchase was done by treaty and ratified and funded by congress, the rest, see article 5. The feds don't have the authority to unilaterally do shit outside the bounds of the Constitution.

Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and I think PA are giving the Repubicans the boot. With Caine to break ties...we will have a functioning government once more.

That may be, but I'm just pointing out that Hillary wouldn't be able to just pick a judge that fits her needs and get them to slide into the Supreme Court. It's part of the checks and balances system.

There's that.

Also....

Judges are very independent minded. It comes with the robe. When you give them a lifetime appointment; you get complete independence. Just because HRC thinks they will rule one way or another; that may not be the case; it may never be the case.

Every court case has nuances...Very rarely are there cut and dried circumstances that result in a one-size-fits-all decision.
What?

yeah, because we never get any decsions that are split right down party lines in the SCOTUS....

Oh wait......nearly ALL OF THEM ARE...

Your thoughts?

Whomever she appoints will be vetted by the Senate. Just as it has been, just as it should be.
This is true but her attitude on picking one didn't include a strict interpretation of the constitution as written. I hate to admit it, but oktexas is right about this.

If we strictly interpret the Constitution as written, there is no language in the document that would have allowed the Louisiana Purchase, the creation of the Marines or the Air Force or the Coast Guard, NASA, FEMA or any number of vital government agencies.

Perhaps some would like to freeze time in the 1790's back when it was ratified. I think the majority of Americans would prefer the world of today vs the world of the 1790's. Up to and including the 20% or so of America who are African American. Of course strict constitutionalists would not know there is 20%. Given the 3/5 compromise, there would be only 12% of the nation since blacks are counted as 3/5 of a person....right?
All of that is true and I make that point in another post. There are SOME things we need that the constitution doesn't specify. However, interpreting the constitution as it is written is still important. Sure the military or FEMA are necessary, but when it comes to programs being created outside of the bounds of the constitution, where do you draw the line? There has to be an authority on what the government can or cannot create.
It may or may not be legal in some instances for me to publish your SSN.

There is no guarantee of privacy in the constitution.

The court has held that you can marry a same sex partner and enjoy the same rights as hetero marriages. But you can have your wedding on Saturday and be fired by your employer on Monday for no reason other than you got married.

Plenty of things outside of our vague constitution need to be deliberated.

I'm still not getting your point. Hillary has to walk a fine line of finding someone that might follow her ideas... yet they have to be conservative enough that the Senate will approve them. Crazy thing is, they have to replace Scalia... but isn't Thomas about to retire too?

The next president could be nominating as many as 4. That's why it can't be the hildabitch.

There's that.

Also....

If they only used the Constitution and the law as a basis for their decisions most would be unanimous and split decisions would be the exception, not the rule.

Your thoughts?

All of that is true and I make that point in another post. There are SOME things we need that the constitution doesn't specify. However, interpreting the constitution as it is written is still important. Sure the military or FEMA are necessary, but when it comes to programs being created outside of the bounds of the constitution, where do you draw the line? There has to be an authority on what the government can or cannot create.

The court has held that you can marry a same sex partner and enjoy the same rights as hetero marriages. But you can have your wedding on Saturday and be fired by your employer on Monday for no reason other than you got married.

Sure there's a guarantee of privacy in the Constitution, see the 4th and 9th Amendments. Employment is an at will contract that can be terminated by either party.

Your thoughts?

Ok but again I ask, where do you draw the line? Where do we go from here when it comes to programs not specified by the constitution?

Your thoughts?
Voter suppression shows us what Republicans think of the constitution.
What voter suppression? Which American citizens are prevented from voting?
I know you aren't being serious.

Why did the Supreme Court vote unanimous nitwit?

Ok but again I ask, where do you draw the line? Where do we go from here when it comes to programs not specified by the constitution?

They know the line has been crossed and have no intention on going back, they fully intend to push on.

I think of orange jumpsuit when I see Clinton. She should be in prison and DT said that she could be under his administration. As for Supreme Court justices, one has to get their candidate in first, so focus on the task at hand.

Your thoughts?
What voter suppression? Which American citizens are prevented from voting?
I know you aren't being serious.

Why did the Supreme Court vote unanimous nitwit?

Which case was that?

Your thoughts?

Overturning Citizens United is speech suppression in elections. Voter ID is constitutional, supreme court said so.
Typical GOPer. Doesn't know the difference between voter suppression and voter ID.

Your thoughts?

Overturning Citizens United is speech suppression in elections. Voter ID is constitutional, supreme court said so.
Typical GOPer. Doesn't know the difference between voter suppression and voter ID.

Regressives call vote ID voter suppression, haven't you been paying attention?

Your thoughts?

I don't know any regressive group except you Draconian conservatives. Here is what the Federal courts in North Carolina said about voter suppression by the Right.
NCvote

Federal Appeals Court Rules New NC Voting Laws Intended To Discriminate

A three-judge panel of the U.S Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit has found North Carolina's controversial GOP-backed voting restrictions were intended to discriminate against African American voters.

In the opinion, the panel of judges said that the law restricted voting in ways that "disproportionately affected African Americans" and that its provisions targeted "African Americans with almost surgical precision." It said the state's defense of the law was "meager."

Keep asking....

I can't tell you. I do know that the nation is better with FEMA, the FAA, Marine Corps, Air Force, NASA, that we were able to make the LA Purchase, Alaska purchase, etc... All of which isn't spelled out in the Constitution.

At some point, the powers that be decided we needed a Department of Education. The result has been no improvement. So we should probably try something else. One thing I will agree with the conservatives about is that once a federal agency is formed, it will take an act of a vengeful God to get rid of it. The DOE isn't going anywhere and it's not delivering results. At the same time, maybe it should be applauded for maintaining grad rates???? Dunno.

I do know we could get rid of the TSA. This is a worthless organization.

Your thoughts?

I don't know any regressive group except you Draconian conservatives. Here is what the Federal courts in North Carolina said about voter suppression by the Right.
NCvote

Federal Appeals Court Rules New NC Voting Laws Intended To Discriminate

A three-judge panel of the U.S Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit has found North Carolina's controversial GOP-backed voting restrictions were intended to discriminate against African American voters.

In the opinion, the panel of judges said that the law restricted voting in ways that "disproportionately affected African Americans" and that its provisions targeted "African Americans with almost surgical precision." It said the state's defense of the law was "meager."

I've read it, it will be overturned if we get a decent scotus replacement. They said blacks tended to vote more in the first 7 days of early voting, the new law provided for 10 days, there's no reason blacks can't continue to vote in the first 7 days. That's just one example where they got it wrong. The district court got it right.

Forum List

Back