On this day July 20, 1944 the plot to kill Hitler

I guess the Nazi military leadership was unaware of the "kiss" concept, "keep it simple stupid". A freaking bomb with a primitive timer switch in a briefcase leaning on a 3 inch thick oak table? Obviously they couldn't pack enough explosives in a leather briefcase to blow up the whole building. Why not walk up to the maniac and put a bullet in his head and deal with the aftermath? The victors write the history books and we tend to romanticize the lame cowardly way the Nazi conspirators delt with the issue.

I guess the Nazi military leadership was unaware of the "kiss" concept, "keep it simple stupid". A freaking bomb with a primitive timer switch in a briefcase leaning on a 3 inch thick oak table? Obviously they couldn't pack enough explosives in a leather briefcase to blow up the whole building. Why not walk up to the maniac and put a bullet in his head and deal with the aftermath? The victors write the history books and we tend to romanticize the lame cowardly way the Nazi conspirators delt with the issue.

Watch the movie Valkyrie sometime. The guy placing the briefcase put it in a place that would have been effective, but it was moved to a different location by one of the attendees, which is why it failed.

What happened after the bomb went off was interesting as well. They tried to shut down communications to keep people from finding out Hitler was still alive, but that effort failed as well, and all of those who participated in the plot were rounded up and shot.

4 killed ..13 injured .....if the meeting took place in the hardened bunker as thought, the blast would've been much greater
..it WAS simple = place bomb and leave--exactly what happened
..again, you people think in movie/TV terms and not reality

..also, most sane people want to get away--and live.....if he had just shot him, they for sure would've caught him--there!! and the plot would have had less of a chance to succeed

Forum List

Back