Omicron has ALREADY PEAKED in S Africa less than a month from initial detection!!

This is great news! Not only has Omicron peaked far earlier than the previous Delta wave, only 1.9% of the Omicron cases required hospitalization. Certainly no guarantee that the virus will follow suit here, but it is very encouraging nonetheless.

So.................those two people that got the sniffles are all better now?

Last edited:
I didn't do that, you little ankle biter
images

I didn't do that, you little ankle biter

Cheering for the virus, cheering for the overreacting government thugs, tomato, tomatoe.

Just got a positive PCR after a negative instant PCR tuesday, was sick starting monday, exposed Friday. 2 shots (pfizer). was sickish for 2 days, with 3 more of congestion. Yet I still have to isolate 10 days based on previous info, from the day of symptoms.

They should be just letting people get this version and not impose the pre-vaccine other strain lockdowns and quarantines because this is the natural path of a virus like this, mitigated by the vaccines, which worked.

You embarrassed yourself. And no, it doesn't matter if you agree. When your drunk idiot uncle embarrasses himself at the wedding, it doesn't matter if he knows he embarrassed himself.
Swing and a miss, FFI.
The variant is basically a nothing burger and yet you get all lathered over it. It's what your masters want from you.
At least, until the next election. You're a good stooge for them

This is great news! Not only has Omicron peaked far earlier than the previous Delta wave, only 1.9% of the Omicron cases required hospitalization. Certainly no guarantee that the virus will follow suit here, but it is very encouraging nonetheless.

S. African govt was pissed about the quick travel restrictions. This all could be a ploy to get them taken down.

Plot updated TODAY at Johns Hopkins Covid site shows a miniscule decline from a peak, but it could be just a false decline out of a peak.. It's not enough to go on.

S. Africa Covid Cases.png

The variant is basically a nothing burger and yet you get all lathered over it.
But I didn't. This is you inventing little dollies to justify your own idiot behavior. You guys all do this.

I am content admitting I don't know. Unlike you, I don't have to pretend to know something I don't really know, because I am not clinging to a narrative based on a childish political fetish.

sorry for talking to myself here, but something's not right with this story. In fact, it stinks. Because I was searching for something else on S.Africa and a TV news story popped up quoting the same Nat. Health Minister on FRIDAY (yesterday) saying that hospital admissions were up 70% from a low baseline.

In the OPost article, the Health Minister said --

Phaahla told reporters that the country’s hospital admission rate of COVID-19 patients “fell 90 percent in the second week of the current infection wave driven by the Omicron variant” as compared to the second week of the Delta wave.
He did not say that hospital admissions FELL absolutely. Just that the 2nd week of the omicron peak was 90% LOWER than the 2nd week of the delta peak. All the OTHER GOOD news was the same. Lower oxygen requirements, less severe cases. But in RAW NUMBER OF CASES -- I don't think it's peaked yet.

OR -- What you see on S. Africa TV for their CITIZENS is a different message with a different headline than what they send to Daily Beast and Yahoo News for OUTSIDE the country.. OF COURSE somewhat lying to the citizens they represent to PUSH shots in the arm. This is why I believe the same PRESS conference has TWO different media headlines.

If you watch the VID -- it's possible the "public health messenging" WITHIN S. Africa is a lie. Just like it often is here.

Decide for yourselves WHICH of the messages is correct. Here's the link to S.African media.

Which itself would be a sad reflection on ignorant, intransigent vaccine resistance.

So you're validating the govt LYING TO FOLKS about the CODE RED EMERGENCY status of their restrictions to SCARE THEM into getting vaccinated?

You think you're dealing with 10 year olds or something?

I'll lift my objections to MANDATORY vax or LYING to me when the govt "follows the science" and presents REAL DATA. Meaning that they need to ADD exceptions for natural immunity and give us REAL numbers about any new peak.

Heard on ABC all day yesterday about how Omicron had INCREASED 7 -fold in the past 2 weeks. Yeah from 25 cases in the total US -- to 160.. Stop lying and scaring people !!!!!

only 1.9% of the Omicron cases required hospitalization.
And that is only of the clinical cases which necessitated at least a doctors office visit. The vast majority of us might have blown our noses on a handkerchief or a bandanna or a disposable tissue paper or never even noticed it.

Forum List

Back