Olympics got political. Damn them.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I love watching the olympics, but now its all political bullshit. It's competition in sports. Leave the political crap out of it, and competitors stfu with what they think. They are there to compete. Period.

With that said..who will be watching on tv and which is your favorite to watch in the winter olympics? Jamaica is going again with a bob sled team! That, I look forward to seeing and hope they do well. Love ice skating, snowboarding, ski jumps, and just about all of the winter sports. And you?

I love watching the olympics, but now its all political bullshit. It's competition in sports. Leave the political crap out of it, and competitors stfu with what they think. They are there to compete. Period.

With that said..who will be watching on tv and which is your favorite to watch in the winter olympics? Jamaica is going again with a bob sled team! That, I look forward to seeing and hope they do well. Love ice skating, snowboarding, ski jumps, and just about all of the winter sports. And you?
The last Olympics worth watching was LA in '84....Nearly everything was live.

Since then, it has been all pre-programmed homogeneous crap.

The last straw for me was the SLC winter games...They could have played all the ski events live as they happened, but opted to tape and edit them for prime time consumption.

Couldn't care less about the Olympics...They suck.

They've always been "political".
What's new ???
Total division by Democrat power grabbers. The President is supposed to rule over ALL the people. Biden pillories all conservatives in his rearranged lies. If he keeps it up, he will be ruling over ONLY Democrats for dividing and dumping Republicans in his trash bin. Conservatives aren't going to take that blithering balderdash much longer.

Total division by Democrat power grabbers. The President is supposed to rule over ALL the people. Biden pillories all conservatives in his rearranged lies. If he keeps it up, he will be ruling over ONLY Democrats for dividing and dumping Republicans in his trash bin. Conservatives aren't going to take that blithering balderdash much longer.

"The President is supposed to rule over ALL the people."

Yeah...that is a batshit insane statement...Are you on drugs?

With that said..who will be watching on tv and which is your favorite to watch in the winter olympics?

The Winter Olympics...

Figure Skating....combines such elegance and athleticism. Downhill skiing is as dangerous and scary as any sport given the amount of padding (almost none) the athletes wear relative to their speed and the terrain.

1642669041040.png

I like curling.

I have to agree. The Olympics and other events like award show gatherings for example are already a competition and so bringing the personal beliefs of the competitors into the picture in my opinion only makes each occasion even more competitive when what they believe doesn't even have a thing to do with what will be taking place to begin with.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, it is sad when the common thread(s) only end up taking a back seat to whatever differences there is going to be.

It seems like half the broadcasts are "curling".

No Olympics until they are brought back into line with the original intent -- athletic excellence and nothing else.

They are killing themselves. I'm not going to cry at the funeral and, like baseball, the only sport I actually cared about, they are going to have to work hard to redeem themselves.

PFFFFT...Conservatives first have to put forth some new and fresh policy ideas, otherwise, it's just the same set of failed ideas from a failed ideology that blithers balderdash. An ideology that hasn't had a successful policy implemented since the 1970's.

All of which has NOTHING to do with the Olympics getting political..which they aren't. The Olympics ARE commercial..and an INTERNATIONAL event...not just an American one.
Hear that soft tapping sound? That's the sound of you hitting the clicker with up or down arrow key...changing the channel because you don't like the Olympics.

What is it with you cons and always needing to find your division pimping social policy wedge issues?...oh yeah, I remember, no conservative success stories. :)

PFFFFT...Conservatives first have to put forth some new and fresh policy ideas, otherwise, it's just the same set of failed ideas from a failed ideology that blithers balderdash. An ideology that hasn't had a successful policy implemented since the 1970's.

All of which has NOTHING to do with the Olympics getting political..which they aren't. The Olympics ARE commercial..and an INTERNATIONAL event...not just an American one.
Hear that soft tapping sound? That's the sound of you hitting the clicker with up or down arrow key...changing the channel because you don't like the Olympics.

What is it with you cons and always needing to find your division pimping social policy wedge issues?...oh yeah, I remember, no conservative success stories. :)
Republicans supported one of the best Presidents in modern times 5 years ago and the Dumass Party started believing its own lies, dealt their beating-for-a-cheating precinct chairgals in key states to receive and enter millions of phoney votes to put demented Joe into office, and their sinister plan worked. They went on a crime spree that resulted in the no-brains-whatever "Defund the Police" program which resulted in tying the hands of police in large cities that doubled the murder rates and more in some already dangerous neighborhoods from sea to plastic-laden sea.

Go ahead with your salaciously indecent speak-a-thon against American conservatives who did turn the poverty of poor people around for 4 years while you lied and passed lies about a President you cheated out of a second term. And for your misuse of the word "pimping" you are hereby placed on my ignore list with the worst of you.

"The President is supposed to rule over ALL the people."

Yeah...that is a batshit insane statement...Are you on drugs?
I do not do illegal drugs because of a wonderful grandmother who got across to me at an early age that it was important do work hard and not make my family ashamed of behaviors that belie civilities including worthless false witnesses like those you perpetrate here even though you know better.

Oh cool, a guy can do a flip 40ft in the air sliding down a mountain. I can do that on a trampoline FFS :rolleyes:
Olympics suck

I do not do illegal drugs because of a wonderful grandmother who got across to me at an early age that it was important do work hard and not make my family ashamed of behaviors that belie civilities including worthless false witnesses like those you perpetrate here even though you know better.

Wow, so you were sober when you posted "The President is supposed to rule over ALL the people."?

That means you're a fucking idiot.

Republicans supported one of the best Presidents in modern times 5 years ago and the Dumass Party started believing its own lies, dealt their beating-for-a-cheating precinct chairgals in key states to receive and enter millions of phoney votes to put demented Joe into office, and their sinister plan worked. They went on a crime spree that resulted in the no-brains-whatever "Defund the Police" program which resulted in tying the hands of police in large cities that doubled the murder rates and more in some already dangerous neighborhoods from sea to plastic-laden sea.

Go ahead with your salaciously indecent speak-a-thon against American conservatives who did turn the poverty of poor people around for 4 years while you lied and passed lies about a President you cheated out of a second term. And for your misuse of the word "pimping" you are hereby placed on my ignore list with the worst of you.
What hooka are you smoking out of? Turn the poverty of the poor around?? Trump INHERITED a growing economy and falling unemployment from Obama. All he had to do was show just a little interest in actually doing the job. But he screwed it up.
Dear God, he lost because he blew the response to the pandemic, not because he was cheated. He was a terrible President. Didn't care about actually doing the job.

The bottom line here is that conservatism, as an ideology, as a belief system..has..no..policy..success..stories in the last four decades. A litany of failures followed by heading back to well for same policies.
Don't you think it's time for something new?

Again, the Olympics are an INTERNATIONAL event, not an exclusively American one. I enjoy watching the Winter Olympics. The events are more interesting than the Summer.
Are they commercial? Yes. Are they political. Somewhat, but that's just because of world events...you know, the Olympics being an international event and such. :)

You write good comedy.

Forum List

Back