Oklahoma takes 'momentous' step to allow taxpayer-funded religious schools

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Oklahoma Republicans file bill to allow parents to sue teachers for teaching ANYTHING that is “in opposition to closely held religious beliefs” for $10k per incident, and also sue the school for $10k a day per banned book that isn’t removed. i'm all for it! i'm all for it!

Oklahoma Republicans file bill to allow parents to sue teachers for teaching ANYTHING that is “in opposition to closely held religious beliefs” for $10k per incident, and also sue the school for $10k a day per banned book that isn’t removed. i'm all for it! i'm all for it!

Go for it, but when a transgender student enrolls or a gay teacher applies, they are going wish they never got those public dollars.

Go for it, but when a transgender student enrolls or a gay teacher applies, they are going wish they never got those public dollars.
Exactly.

This is what the anti-separation of church and state people never seem to grasp.

The purpose of the separation is not just to keep religion out of government, it is also intended to keep government out of religion.

The unbelievers of Europe attack the Christians as their political opponents rather than as their religious adversaries; they hate the Christian religion as the opinion of a party much more than as an error of belief; and they reject the clergy less because they are the representatives of the Deity than because they are the allies of government.

In Europe, Christianity has been intimately united to the powers of the earth. Those powers are now in decay, and it is, as it were, buried under their ruins. The living body of religion has been bound down to the dead corpse of superannuated polity; cut but the bonds that restrain it, and it will rise once more. I do not know what could restore the Christian church of Europe to the energy of its earlier days; that power belongs to God alone; but it may be for human policy to leave to faith the full exercise of the strength which it still retains.

Tocqueville: Book I Chapter 17

Wow, if the progbots would only get as upset over groomers/pedos/pervs/trannies & wokester indoctrination in school as they do about school vouchers, maybe our public schools wouldn't be the failing sh!+holes so many have become.

Oh no, a teacher can't laugh at Christian kids anymore!!
The HORROR!

Good thing we DGAF what you lefty lemmings think here in OK

Talk about state enforced grooming.

Oh so we can't teach evolution anymore. Republicans want to take us back to the early 1920s with the Scopes Monkey trial. This is a clear violation of the separation of church and state. These are ignorant right wing fascists.

This will get slapped down in the Supreme Court.

Am i missing something? The story you linked is about religious charter schools and not parents suing teachers.

THIS Supreme Court?

Who knows? You can bet Alito and Thomas and maybe Barrett will support it

I think the Supreme Court has to show at least a semblance or sanity, otherwise all hell will break loose.

So, if there is a Muslim living in OK and the teacher says something about Jesus they can then sue the school?

Embarrassed by book burners, Also think taxpayers should not pay for special privilege's based on political preference. Both major party's need to stop this crap.

Forum List

Back