Okay, so an evangelical Christian walks into a gay bar, and

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
BBC News - Why conservative Christians flock to a Chicago gay bar

That is the hope of Andrew Marin - who has spent the last decade living in Boystown, Chicago's officially-designated neighbourhood for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) residents.
"For the first three years, everybody just called me Straighty Straighterson - I was literally the only straight male who continued to go to everything” Andrew Marin

He works to try to bring Christians and gay people together in open conversation about sexuality and spirituality - and that includes running a large-scale meeting four times a year at Roscoe's, one of America's most famous gay bars.

That is no small achievement in a culture where openly gay people and evangelical Christians have long viewed each other with suspicion.

But Andrew Marin's determination to bring polarised opposites together in dialogue has grown in ways he never imagined.

From small beginnings 10 years ago, he now takes his message around the world and has worked with governments as well as churches.

He is fast becoming a well-known figure in the United States, and has collaborated with one of the country's largest Christian publishers to produce a course for churches wishing to address questions about sexuality.

Looks like he's walking my path a bit. Interesting story.

An evangelical wouldn't go into a bar. They usually don't drink alcohol

However, gays go to churches quite often Lots of them like the singing and are active in choirs.

///"From small beginnings 10 years ago, he now takes his message around the world and has worked with governments as well as churches."///

One question...what is "his" message?

I've heard that one before. Did you hear the one about a Priest, a Rabi and a Saint Bernard that walked into a Gay Bar?

Forum List

Back