Ok, I'd vote for Obama over Santorum

Individual conduct is certainly NOT the purview of the military. Tailhook anyone?

While I agree with the intent behind the activists and their friends about how DADT was removed, that doesn't change the reality that when you have a shortage of linguists and you discharge trained highly competent linguists for stuff they did on leave or liberty the mission is hampered.

The real stupid part is that I know of some linguists that immediately got hired as contractors and augmented their old units in the same roles.

You mean Tailhook where people were brought up on charges after the story leaked? You prove my point.

It was not a "leak" that led to the charges. The media coverage cause an investigation. That led to an Admiral saying that some of the female pilots who came forward with complaints were strippers and hookers. That got the attention of a very non-military bureaucrat civilian working for the DoD and the rest is history.

You need to check your facts on this one. That you are even going to pretend to know about this means you are talking out of your ass.

True.

Funny. :lol:

In any case, anyone who was discharged wanted to be.

Bullshit.

The military would not discharge people on the suspicion of homosexuality. That was the basis of DADT. They had to be blatant about it.

More bullshit.

Tailhooks was an aberration, whatever point you are trying to make with it.
Saying "bullshit" means it goes against what you think but you have no evidence.
I own a gun shop within 45 minutes from Fort Campbell. I have lots of active duty officers and enlisted men through the shop, as well as retired. I have asked about this very issue and the answer was, Someone really has to be blatant in your face to get kicked out because of being gay. Mostly people just don't want to hear about it.

No...Congress is telling the military (which they have the authority to do, by the way) that the military must allow gays and lesbians to serve under the exact same rules and regulations that heterosexuals serve under.

Why are you opposed to equal treatment under the law?

Why are you opposed to equal treatment under the law?

I PUT THAT QUESTION TO YOU OVER TAXES>

What question? Is it equal treatment for me to pay thirty something percent in Federal taxes and corporations to pay zero? Absolutely not.

You're not trying that flat tax nonsense again are you? The one that disproportionately hurts the poor and middle class who can't hide their money in investments and offshore accounts, are you?

The military discriminates against people all the time. Try being 350 lbs and volunteering for service.
The idea is to field the most effective military force they can for their mission. Having guys worried about the next guy queering on them in the shower is inimical to that.
I think if they're going to eliminate DADT then they need to eliminate all gender discrimination in the military. No more separate showers for men and women.

Forum List

Back