Ohio comes out of the toss-up category

People keep citing RCP as if it's not based on polls that use dubious tactics.

Funny stuff

You don't have to believe the polls. You can convince yourself that it is all a liberal plot, but Nov. 7th 2012 will come, Obama will have won reelection and you won't understand why.

I don't hate Obama. I would personally love to sit down with him, have a beer, and tell him what a miserable failure he is as a president. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy.

I don't hate Mr Obama either, but I'd rather have a beer with Vladimir Putin. Not some crappy Russian beer though, maybe a Sierra Nevada pale ale.

Funny stuff

You don't have to believe the polls. You can convince yourself that it is all a liberal plot, but Nov. 7th 2012 will come, Obama will have won reelection and you won't understand why.

Romney's win or loss will be based on his campaign not some silly ass polls.

Funny stuff

Romney's win or loss will be based on his campaign not some silly ass polls.

And the polls are based on his campaigns performance. Laura Ingram was on Bill O'Reilly the other night and stated: "if Romney's internal polling was different from the MSM polls, Romney would be screaming his numbers from the roof tops".

Why isn't Romney screaming it from the roof tops? His surrogates were on all the Sunday shows, this morning. Why weren't they shouting his numbers?

After a series of polls have showed Obama building on his lead in Ohio (including Obama +8 and Obama +10 polls this week), the president is now up over 5 in the state in the RCP average.

That means it's no longer listed as a toss-up on the RCP map but rather is now an Obama state (bringing him to 265 electoral votes): RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

If the Romney people have a strategy, they better start revisiting it.

Not only that...But Obama leads in every swing state

Conservatives are not the kind of people who get too worried about polls. They will vote anyway even if the polls say they shouldn't bother to vote because their state is already lost. Liberals on the other hand are lazy voters and millions of things can distract them from voting. I don't know if you democrats are counting with this factor... And let's not forget the debates - they may have a huge impact this year.

Last edited:
Remember to listen to Michelle Obama and bring your lazy, knuckle-headed and confused friends to vote on Nov 2

Conservatives are not the kind of people who get too worried about polls. They will vote anyway even if the polls say they shouldn't bother to vote because their state is already lost. Liberals on the other hand are lazy voters and millions of things can distract them from voting. I don't know if you democrats are counting with this factor... And let's not forget the debates - they might have a huge impact this year.

The local police station is giving away confiscated cell phones, just show photo ID and send the bill for service to: Greenbeard Cell Service c/o DNC

I don't hate Obama. I would personally love to sit down with him, have a beer, and tell him what a miserable failure he is as a president. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy.

I don't hate Mr Obama either, but I'd rather have a beer with Vladimir Putin. Not some crappy Russian beer though, maybe a Sierra Nevada pale ale.

You should only do product placement if you are getting paid.

You should only do product placement if you are getting paid.

I am.

Conservatives are not the kind of people who get too worried about polls. They will vote anyway even if the polls say they shouldn't bother to vote because their state is already lost. Liberals on the other hand are lazy voters and millions of things can distract them from voting. I don't know if you democrats are counting with this factor... And let's not forget the debates - they may have a huge impact this year.

Got a link to prove your post?

It has long been a puzzle why so many young adults do not vote—and why their already low voting rate has generally fallen over the decades. In 1972, 53 percent of 18-to-29-year-olds went to the polls. By 2000, the figure had fallen to just 36 percent, a historic low. (In contrast, the voting rate among people aged 65 or older rose five percentage points during those years, to 68 percent.) There is no doubt that the Obama campaign of 2008 energized the under-30 crowd, boosting their voting rate to 46 percent. But even then, fewer than half of 18-to-29-year-olds went to the polls compared with more than two-thirds of people aged 65 or older, according to the Census Bureau.

So why don’t young adults vote? That’s a vexing question political campaigns have been asking for decades. The most likely answer is that young adults do not vote because many are still—in a sense—children, without adult commitments or responsibilities. The data suggest that three factors consistently make a difference in voting rates: money, marriage, and homeownership. Those are the adult commitments that give people a stake in society; to protect and expand their stake, they vote. Take a look at money and voting: The gap in voter participation between the highest and lowest income groups is a stunning 26 percentage points. For marriage and homeownership, the gaps are 16 to 17 percent.

Cheryl Russell: The Surprising Trends That Suggest Young People Won

Young people, singles, poor... All these groups that favor democrats... They are much less likely to vote than older people, married couples and higher income groups.

It has long been a puzzle why so many young adults do not vote—and why their already low voting rate has generally fallen over the decades. In 1972, 53 percent of 18-to-29-year-olds went to the polls. By 2000, the figure had fallen to just 36 percent, a historic low. (In contrast, the voting rate among people aged 65 or older rose five percentage points during those years, to 68 percent.) There is no doubt that the Obama campaign of 2008 energized the under-30 crowd, boosting their voting rate to 46 percent. But even then, fewer than half of 18-to-29-year-olds went to the polls compared with more than two-thirds of people aged 65 or older, according to the Census Bureau.

So why don’t young adults vote? That’s a vexing question political campaigns have been asking for decades. The most likely answer is that young adults do not vote because many are still—in a sense—children, without adult commitments or responsibilities. The data suggest that three factors consistently make a difference in voting rates: money, marriage, and homeownership. Those are the adult commitments that give people a stake in society; to protect and expand their stake, they vote. Take a look at money and voting: The gap in voter participation between the highest and lowest income groups is a stunning 26 percentage points. For marriage and homeownership, the gaps are 16 to 17 percent.

Cheryl Russell: The Surprising Trends That Suggest Young People Won

Young people, singles, poor... All these groups that favor democrats... They are much less likely to vote than older people, married couples and higher income groups.

Yeah, thats what McCain thought too.

After a series of polls have showed Obama building on his lead in Ohio (including Obama +8 and Obama +10 polls this week), the president is now up over 5 in the state in the RCP average.

That means it's no longer listed as a toss-up on the RCP map but rather is now an Obama state (bringing him to 265 electoral votes): RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

If the Romney people have a strategy, they better start revisiting it.

I don't think people in Ohio are as stupid as a poll would indicate.

Obama hasn't done jack-shit for them. Hell, he hasn't done jack-shit for anyone...

"Ohio’s jobs market stayed in neutral last month, making for consecutive months of no improvement after nearly a year of gains.

The Ohio unemployment rate remained at 7.2 percent in August, unchanged from June and July, according to data released Friday by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Prior to that, the state’s unemployment rate had fallen for 11 straight months, outpacing the national recovery."

Discouraged workers help keep Ohio?s unemployment rate at 7.2% in August - Columbus - Business First

most people don't have the abject hatred for the president that we see on this board.

and romney is a horrible candidate.

Romney could have been a good candidate, if he had stuck to being the person he is and not tried so hard to appease the far right. His pick of Ryan as a running mate may well have been a worse pick than McCain picking Palin in 2008. While die hard far right Republicans probably love Ryan, everyone else hates him. Romney sold his soul to the devil to get the nomination, something he didn't have to do. Now it's over because the majority of Americans don't agree with the far right. And let's be clear about something; the far right today is way out there compared to Reagan. Those on the right have very little in common with Ronald Reagan.

Forum List

Back