Ohio comes out of the toss-up category

Greenbeard

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2010
New England
After a series of polls have showed Obama building on his lead in Ohio (including Obama +8 and Obama +10 polls this week), the president is now up over 5 in the state in the RCP average.

That means it's no longer listed as a toss-up on the RCP map but rather is now an Obama state (bringing him to 265 electoral votes): RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

If the Romney people have a strategy, they better start revisiting it.

Obama is ahead; no doubt. I think it is low single digits however. That being said; when poll after poll show the same result, "margin of error" is out the window.

Obama is ahead; no doubt. I think it is low single digits however. That being said; when poll after poll show the same result, "margin of error" is out the window.

its not out the window to the extent that a smaller edge is easier to lose than a larger one. i wonder how the right on this board will spin the fact that no republican has ever won without ohio.

today's RPC electoral college map, with ohio now in leans obama column

obama - 265
romney - 191

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

After a series of polls have showed Obama building on his lead in Ohio (including Obama +8 and Obama +10 polls this week), the president is now up over 5 in the state in the RCP average.

That means it's no longer listed as a toss-up on the RCP map but rather is now an Obama state (bringing him to 265 electoral votes): RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

I don't think people in Ohio are as stupid as a poll would indicate.

Obama hasn't done jack-shit for them. Hell, he hasn't done jack-shit for anyone...

"Ohio’s jobs market stayed in neutral last month, making for consecutive months of no improvement after nearly a year of gains.

The Ohio unemployment rate remained at 7.2 percent in August, unchanged from June and July, according to data released Friday by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Prior to that, the state’s unemployment rate had fallen for 11 straight months, outpacing the national recovery."

Discouraged workers help keep Ohio?s unemployment rate at 7.2% in August - Columbus - Business First

Obama hasn't done jack-shit for them. Hell, he hasn't done jack-shit for anyone...

"Ohio’s jobs market stayed in neutral last month, making for consecutive months of no improvement after nearly a year of gains.

The Ohio unemployment rate remained at 7.2 percent in August, unchanged from June and July, according to data released Friday by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. Prior to that, the state’s unemployment rate had fallen for 11 straight months, outpacing the national recovery."

Discouraged workers help keep Ohio?s unemployment rate at 7.2% in August - Columbus - Business First

most people don't have the abject hatred for the president that we see on this board.

and romney is a horrible candidate.

I don't hate Obama. I would personally love to sit down with him, have a beer, and tell him what a miserable failure he is as a president. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy.

I don't hate Obama. I would personally love to sit down with him, have a beer, and tell him what a miserable failure he is as a president. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy.

That's pretty much how I felt about Bush. I could have never even been in the same room as Clinton.

As for the OP: Yeah, this isn't surprising. If Ohio has really and truly moved away from undecided to "leans" this is a really bad sign for Romney. A lot of GOP strategists were calling Ohio a "Must win" state. Romney's path to the Oval Office is pretty damn difficult without Ohio.

LOL. At present, the President leads even in North Carolina.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - North Carolina: Romney vs. Obama

Hell, if Romney and Ryan continue to yap, the President may be leading in Texas by November.

obama has done things for Ohio. He is closing a coal mines.

Six weeks ago, the Columbus Dispatch found a tied race. Today they find a 9-point lead for Obama. Holy Christ.

Dispatch Poll: Obama widens lead as balloting starts | The Columbus Dispatch
A new Dispatch Poll shows him trailing President Barack Obama in bellwether Ohio by 9 points, 51 percent to 42 percent.

A surge of Democratic support for Obama has transformed the race since the first Dispatch Poll had the two dead-even at 45 percent just before the Republican National Convention in late August.

This brings Obama's lead in the RCP average to +5.9 in the Buckeye State.

Greenbeard - Ohio moved from "toss up" to "leans Obama" - but what makes you think it won't move again to "toss up" or even "leans Romney"...

Greenbeard - Ohio moved from "toss up" to "leans Obama" - but what makes you think it won't move again to "toss up" or even "leans Romney"...

The race hasn't exactly been bouncing back and forth. Romney has never led in the RCP average of polling in Ohio. His unfavorables are high, whereas Obama's job ratings are up (and he leads Romney on the economy). The fact of the matter is that Ohioans simply don't like Romney.

Forum List

Back