Oh No! Ron DeSantis Is The New Ronald Reagan. You Have To Feel Sorry For Trump. What's He Gonna Do?

My_Chinchilla_Is_A_Racist

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2022
Somewhere In Florida
Donald Trump has been "The Donald Trump Of The Republican Party for over six years now. Then comes Ron DeSantis. This is just like when Hulk Hogan ran the show until Steve Austin came one to the scene in the WWE.
He knows better not to make fun of him, critisize, ect. Conservatives wont go for that. And you know thats what you will hear on conservative radio and most cable news shows for a while.
What could really hurt The Donald come the early weeks into primary time is the number of republicans running for President. the more, then the less chance for Donald to win the first few. But it's gonna be a fun two years watching these two battle it to the end.

So, as the New Ronald Reagan, does that mean if he becomes POTUS he will come close to tripling the national debt like the old Reagan did?

would you rather he "obama's" the debt? yes the debt went up under reagan and i am not happy about that aspect of his tenure. but i am also not single minded to make me giggle as if a single issue defines anyone at all.

Barack Obama (2009-2017)​

Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most in dollar terms ($8.6 trillion) and was fifth by percentage at 74%. Obama fought the Great Recession with an $831 billion economic stimulus package and added $858 billion through tax cuts. Even though the fiscal year 2009 budget was set by President Bush, Obama added to it with the Economic Stimulus Act in 2009.6

DeSantis is likely to get the boot because everyone BUT conservatives are anointing him. DeSantis needs to earn his place, and beating that washed up has been Crist really isn't enough.
im conservative and i hope he runs and gets the nomination. these vague stereotypes and generalizations simply feed ego's and fears.

trump spends far too much time engaging in name calling and counter trolling. now you think i'd love the counter trolling cause i do it in here so often. hell, most major trolls ignore me now. (gator being one) but it simply doesn't work in our government. desantis doesn't dance around. something needs to be done, he does it. trump on the other hand will parade that idea around, gauge support and if enough wanted it, would do it and say LOOK WHAT I DID FOR YOU! im past that.

now, if trump does win, i can only hope his experience makes him focus on policy not people. but given the name calling and threats have already started, it doesn't look like it.

we as a country need to get past this point and that's going to take a hard line, not name calling.

im conservative and i hope he runs and gets the nomination. these vague stereotypes and generalizations simply feed ego's and fears.

trump spends far too much time engaging in name calling and counter trolling. now you think i'd love the counter trolling cause i do it in here so often. hell, most major trolls ignore me now. (gator being one) but it simply doesn't work in our government. desantis doesn't dance around. something needs to be done, he does it. trump on the other hand will parade that idea around, gauge support and if enough wanted it, would do it and say LOOK WHAT I DID FOR YOU! im past that.

now, if trump does win, i can only hope his experience makes him focus on policy not people. but given the name calling and threats have already started, it doesn't look like it.

we as a country need to get past this point and that's going to take a hard line, not name calling.
The same folks that are trying anoint DeSantis did the same with McCain and Romney. Careful what you wish for.

Why do people think that Ron DeSantis wants to be President or wants to put himself and his family through this?

The same kind of bullshit Trump got, probably worse, would spew from the sewer pipes of the media if he'd put his hat into the race. Leading RINO's like Liz Cheney have already declared themselves "never-desantis" devotees presumptively.

Getting literally crucified every day for months and months is rough, particularly when serving as governor of a major state.

I could see DeSantis perhaps getting drafted by a GOP convention and only having a short campaign from August to November possibly. But you'd be expecting too much for a long campaign. Remember, Trump didn't have political office and his able sons were able to take care of his interests during his long 2016 campaign.

The same folks that are trying anoint DeSantis did the same with McCain and Romney. Careful what you wish for.
what are our choices? we're not getting out of here without a fight of some sort. i am not saying desantis *IS* the answer, but i *am* saying the bullshit attacks from trump is what is costing him in the end.

what are our choices? we're not getting out of here without a fight of some sort. i am not saying desantis *IS* the answer, but i *am* saying the bullshit attacks from trump is what is costing him in the end.

There are plenty of other possible candidates out there other than DeSantis.

Steve Bannon is a courageous and great patriot, ditto with Stephen Miller, Tucker Carlson and Donald J. Trump Jr.

How about Jared Kushner as our first Jewish President?

If you insist on someone currently in office- Governor Sanders of Arkansas is expected to do a tremendous job and is already quite familiar with the Washington DC bullshit.

Is DeSantis really going to abandon FL and start campaigning for President after winning re-election?

He’s only 44 years old. He’s got plenty of time to run after being FL gov until his term limit.

Yes he will. He is smart enough to understand that 6 years is a long time off in US politics. Now is his best shot at it and he will go for it.

Is DeSantis really going to abandon FL and start campaigning for President after winning re-election?

He’s only 44 years old. He’s got plenty of time to run after being FL gov until his term limit.
How long are Florida governor terms?

DeSantis needs to grow up a bit, imho....

But, I'm not sure Florida voters would care if he sought the presidency..... They love him!

Steve Bannon is a courageous and great patriot, ditto with Stephen Miller, Tucker Carlson and Donald J. Trump Jr.

If you insist on someone currently in office- Governor Sanders of Arkansas is expected to do a tremendous job and is already quite familiar with the Washington DC bullshit.

I love these spoof post from you, they are so much fun!

DeSantis is likely to get the boot because everyone BUT conservatives are anointing him. DeSantis needs to earn his place, and beating that washed up has been Crist really isn't enough.

I have heard Floridians state that they want DeSantis to remain in Florida, working for Florida, just like a lot of South Dakotans feel about Kristi Noem whenever the possibility of her ever running for the Presidency comes up. We want her HERE as long as we can keep her here.

Donald Trump has been "The Donald Trump Of The Republican Party for over six years now. Then comes Ron DeSantis. This is just like when Hulk Hogan ran the show until Steve Austin came one to the scene in the WWE.
He knows better not to make fun of him, critisize, ect. Conservatives wont go for that. And you know thats what you will hear on conservative radio and most cable news shows for a while.
What could really hurt The Donald come the early weeks into primary time is the number of republicans running for President. the more, then the less chance for Donald to win the first few. But it's gonna be a fun two years watching these two battle it to the end.
Trumpism is more important than Trump and will outlive us all.

and im open to hear from them all. but not in a tear each other down fashion.

so sick and tired of that mindset. prove how good you are by only how "bad" someone else is.

huckabee would be amazing. im even into hearing more from tulsi. my mind is open to all options that get back to getting rid of corruption and returning the gov to the people.

the fact biden is going after private companies now as well is staggering to the mind. the fact people cheer it? rome in decline.

We have lots of choices. Too soon to tell, who knows what will be needed as Biden's disasters pile up.

We have lots of choices. Too soon to tell, who knows what will be needed as Biden's disasters pile up.
yep. but that is next now. who will run and who will emerge. while i do think trump is eventually "on our side' - i think HOW he chooses to fight this turn as many off as riles up the rest.

Forum List

Back