Oh no. Not another Beatles tribute thread.

When I played the guitar in a rock band during the 1980s, we constantly got requests for Beatles songs. Many of them we played >> Norwegien Wood, Strawberry Fields, Here Comes the Sun, And I Love Her, Nowhere Man, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Mother Nature's Son, Every Little Thing, I'll Be Back, I'm Looking Through You, Something, Help, I'll Follow the Sun, If I Fell, In My Life, We Can Work It Out, and Give Me Love (George Harrison).

Some others we often got requests for but we didn't play them were >> Blackbird, Dear Prudence, Julia, Let It Be.

I still play these songs today at home, and occasionally at neighborhood open mikes. People still ask for them.

"are these motherfuckers what all these people are screaming about? my dog plays drums better than that kid with the big nose" - Sonny Liston, in the audience for the Beatles performance on Ed Sullivan

"are these motherfuckers what all these people are screaming about? my dog plays drums better than that kid with the big nose" - Sonny Liston, in the audience for the Beatles performance on Ed Sullivan
Always helps a lot to have a quote from an idiot, to remind us how imperfect our society is.

Forum List

Back