Oh dear god, they're now saying the virus can be spread by merely talking or breathing

Just what we needed to hear !

Experts tell White House coronavirus can spread through talking or even just breathing

By Elizabeth Cohen, Senior Medical Correspondent

Updated 2:17 PM ET, Thu April 2, 2020

[
A prestigious scientific panel told the White House Wednesday night that research shows coronavirus can be spread not just by sneezes or coughs, but also just by talking, or possibly even just breathing.

"While the current [coronavirus] specific research is limited, the results of available studies are consistent with aerosolization of virus from normal breathing," according to the letter, written by Dr. Harvey Fineberg, chairman of a committee with the National Academy of Sciences.

Fineberg told CNN that he will wear start wearing a mask when he goes to the grocery store
/QUOTE]

This is "news"? Why do you think we're all six feet apart?? :banghead:

What the fuck is wrong with you people??!!

Do this: Go to your bedroom and smack the bed once with your hand, early in the morning when the sun is shining bright through the window.

See those little particles of dust gently floating through the air, in slow motion? See how slowly they float through air, as if being magically suspended?

Now imagine the tiny atomized droplets of water coming out of a virus-infected person's mouth as they talk to someone in line, waiting to be checked out at the grocery store: You can't see them with your eyes, but they swirl around you, magically suspended in the air, just waiting to be drawn in by an unsuspecting nostril, where they lodge themselves in the warm inner sanctum of your sinus cavity, and begin to replicate, hundreds upon hundreds, thousands upon thousands, millions upon millions....

But did these idiots get that? I doubt it.

Doesn't change much, IMO, if it's true. It's so infectious and stealthy, with asymptomatic incubation, that it's going to spread no matter what the hell we do. Get it and get it over with. Protect the very vulnerable until an antibody curative injection hits the market and go on with our lives.

If it's true, it's likely always been true.

Who cares at this point if what has always been true turns out to be something we didn't know already. Aside from stoking more panic in the weak-kneed panic-stricken among us who have spun loose from their moorings weeks ago, who will now go even crazier, unless this changes the mortality rate for the worse I couldn't care less.

In fact, if it's true, there are a lot, lot, LOT, more people infected than we thought and it's likely to push the mortality rate lower, and numbers of those with antibodies higher, thereby getting us out of the woods faster.....

We all have AIDS too, just like the "Experts" predicted.....:lol:
The federal government alone spends 30 billion dollars a year on HIV/AIDS. Does not include City, Local, State, Regional expenses and anything in our medical insurance. That means it is spreading. At a slow speed, but it is spreading.

It always was. Most are. When you breathe, you exhale moisture. In that moisture is the virus.

Wait a minute ... every other strain of the Coronavirus family is transmitted through the air ... why would anyone think this one couldn't? ... this is an upper respiratory infection, like ZZ PUPPS points out, we breath out the virus while we're contagious, our co-workers breath it in ... this is biology, not rocket science ...

I can't wait for the news that antibiotics ain't curative of viral infections ... sheesh ...

Experts tell White House coronavirus can spread through talking or even just breathing

[
A prestigious scientific panel told the White House Wednesday night that research shows coronavirus can be spread not just by sneezes or coughs, but also just by talking, or possibly even just breathing.

"While the current [coronavirus] specific research is limited, the results of available studies are consistent with aerosolization of virus from normal breathing," according to the letter, written by Dr. Harvey Fineberg, chairman of a committee with the National Academy of Sciences.

Fineberg told CNN that he will wear start wearing a mask when he goes to the grocery store
/QUOTE]

Little late to the game this has been known for quite a while. I know this shit is crazy but some time in the near future we will be through all of this and in other good news this is the first time this happened in over 100 years. It is not likely to happen again for a while.

[

/QUOTE]

it is true that the virus is air born and if you breath it in you can contract it. Do you understand?

Yes MF I get that, but when you read that people can pass the virus by simply having a conversation, well it's simply sobering to read it put that way.

You know, my roomie used to work at a hospital, so she's pretty familiar with PPE. And, because it is starting to get worse in Amarillo, she decided that she would make masks for when we go out to get groceries.

She takes a paper towel, folds it in half, and then puts a layer of tissue paper in between the paper towel. She then uses masking tape to seal up the edges and twine for the ear holders. Twine and paper towels ain't all that expensive right now, and I'm still seeing paper towels in the store.

When I get home, I simply throw away the mask, and she makes me a new one for the next time. And, to tell you the truth, I feel that a paper towel with tissue in between the towel is better than cotton, as it's not as porous. One roll of paper towels can make a LOT of disposable masks.

Best part? They don't cost me 6 bucks each like some people are selling them for nowadays.

I had a rather lengthy conversation with the laundromat owner earlier today ... we stood 20 feet apart ... it's that easy ...

Now ... go wash your hands ... children ... quit making me mother you over the internet ...

[

/QUOTE]

On the positive side, if the world's population works at not breathing, it will solve the world's overpopulation and environmental problems, as well as ending the epic toilet paper hoarding fiasco and stop the growing influence of Marxist/Leninist indoctrination in the schools.

2003 SARs study already shows this.........That one was contained.........I've been saying this for a while now.

In 2003 the Study concluded that the virus spread horizontally building to building via NORMAL Air currents. Open window with apartments under positive air spread the virus. Exhaust vents in the Bathrooms under Negative pressure spread the virus.

Bid cities with high rises.......are SCREWED. I'm standing by that OPINION of mine. Not only that .....this virus is transmitted in STOOL.........Why China was spraying disinfectant down the sewers in the City.

Doesn't change much, IMO, if it's true. It's so infectious and stealthy, with asymptomatic incubation, that it's going to spread no matter what the hell we do. Get it and get it over with. Protect the very vulnerable until an antibody curative injection hits the market and go on with our lives.

If it's true, it's likely always been true.

Who cares at this point if what has always been true turns out to be something we didn't know already. Aside from stoking more panic in the weak-kneed panic-stricken among us who have spun loose from their moorings weeks ago, who will now go even crazier, unless this changes the mortality rate for the worse I couldn't care less.

In fact, if it's true, there are a lot, lot, LOT, more people infected than we thought and it's likely to push the mortality rate lower, and numbers of those with antibodies higher, thereby getting us out of the woods faster.....

What exactly are you saying?> Don't take precautions ? Just let it happen. ? Are you fucking serious ?

Wear a mask in public, keep washing hands regularly, and DON'T, under any circumstances, DON'T spend more than 10 minutes around anyone outside of your known, WITHOUT wearing a mask!

This is B. Kidd's 10 MINUTE RULE OF THUMB!

Live long and maybe, prosper!

While everyone is pissed at China........so am I...........they say it travels through the air........and through the sewage..........

Forum List

Back