CDZ Officially designating drug cartels as Terrorists.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
It appears that President Trump is serious about this and will designate the Mexican drug cartels as Terrorist groups. It seems like the right thing to do, I just always wonder about the unintended consequences. Does this mean we could have drone strikes launched from the US side to take out a Terrorist cell? Will we be coordinating with Mexico's police and military? I see big problems with that given how corrupt that country is. But we almost have to at this point, the Cartels have already shown they can exert force and make the Mexican government cave like they did releasing El Chapo's son.

US to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorists

It appears that President Trump is serious about this and will designate the Mexican drug cartels as Terrorist groups. It seems like the right thing to do, I just always wonder about the unintended consequences. Does this mean we could have drone strikes launched from the US side to take out a Terrorist cell? Will we be coordinating with Mexico's police and military? I see big problems with that given how corrupt that country is. But we almost have to at this point, the Cartels have already shown they can exert force and make the Mexican government cave like they did releasing El Chapo's son.

Long overdue

While the Murican drug cartels (BigPharm) enjoy the protection rackets of the FDA & DEA to peddle their poisons with impunity.

Pretty fucked up, if you ask me.

Just legalize everything. Drug cartels go out of business.

Mexico’s government expressed alarm Tuesday after President Trump said he was planning to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorist organizations, a move that officials here fear could complicate security cooperation and trade between the neighbors.

“Mexico will never accept any action that violates our national sovereignty,” Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard tweeted. “We will act firmly. I have sent our position to the U.S. as well as our resolution on combating transnational organized crime.”

Under U.S. law, a violent foreign group or individual who threatens American security can be designated as terrorist in nature and be subject to special sanctions. Any institution dealing with a designated terrorist — such as a bank or government official — comes under heavy scrutiny and potential punishment.

Arturo Sarukhan, a former Mexican ambassador to Washington, said that the U.S. government could go so far as limiting cooperation with a country that is home to designated terrorist groups, reducing imports or refusing to vote for loans for that nation from multilateral organizations.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ..

Does it NOT sound like the Mexican goverment is a FINANCIAL PARTNER with the cartels?... It certainly does to me!...Now Mr. President how about a BOMBING RUN on cartel strongholds in Mexico and since we have satellites that KNOW EXACTLY where drugs are grown and housed A few well placed LARGER BOMBS would be in order....Perhaps the Mexican government would respond with an airstrike on us, but I don't think they have a viable air force, and a stronger hand on these drug dealing thugs is ceryainly worth any financial inconvenience their government officials would face....Up the game DJT you can get impeached again for trying to make America a better place to live and save the lives of countless young Americans that get hooked on MEXICAN SHIT!.....I'm sure our subversives would agree....ROTFLMFAO!

Unfortunately thousands of our children would die if drugs got easier to get and cost like a pack of cigarettes!
Thousands of the cheeeeeeellldreennnnnnnn are dying right fucking now....Illegal dope is easier to get than cigarettes and/or booze.

Quit blabbering like a liberoidal.

I like how you are trying to anticipate the unintended consequences. Something not everyone tries to consider. I am trying to figure out whether this would really mean something, or would just be a grand gesture- "hey look what we did!"

I wonder how they'll attack our civil liberties with this one. Every time some war on terror breaks out it turns out to be war on us.

National biometric ID, I'm assuming, what with all of the 'undocumented' immigrant spew. Once that happens freedom as we know it is dead. The legislation is out there if anyone cares to read it.

Mexico’s government expressed alarm Tuesday after President Trump said he was planning to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorist organizations, a move that officials here fear could complicate security cooperation and trade between the neighbors.
“Mexico will never accept any action that violates our national sovereignty,” Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard tweeted. “We will act firmly. I have sent our position to the U.S. as well as our resolution on combating transnational organized crime.”
While I consider any act that violates another country's sovereignty to be something not at all to be done lightly; I think it a greater principle that, when any foreign power threatens the safety and well-being of American citizens on American soil, that it is a duty and obligation of our federal government to do whatever is necessary to neutralize that threat. Clearly, the Central- and South-American drug cartels constitute such a power.
We can offer to give whatever assistance is needed to government's of Latin American countries to help them fight these cartels, but ultimately, if those governments are unable or unwilling to control them to the degree necessary to eliminate the threat to us, then it is my opinion that our government has a duty and an obligation to take direct action, even if such action is seen as a violation of the sovereignty of those countries in which we must attack these cartels.

And what practical effect would that have?

We've been at war with REAL terrorists for 18 years now... how has that been going?

Here's how you take care of the drug cartels... Decriminalize drugs, treat addiction as a medical problem instead of a criminal one.

Unfortunately thousands of our children would die if drugs got easier to get and cost like a pack of cigarettes!
Thousands of the cheeeeeeellldreennnnnnnn are dying right fucking now....Illegal dope is easier to get than cigarettes and/or booze.

Quit blabbering like a liberoidal.
You’ve obviously never seen what injecting is basically toilet bowl cleaner does to the human body.

And what practical effect would that have?

We've been at war with REAL terrorists for 18 years now... how has that been going?

Here's how you take care of the drug cartels... Decriminalize drugs, treat addiction as a medical problem instead of a criminal one.
Decriminalize murder and rape, crime will finally plummet in Democrat controlled cities.

You’ve obviously never seen what injecting is basically toilet bowl cleaner does to the human body.

oh, I agree. Drugs are bad.

So is alcohol
So is tobacco
So are fatty foods with saturated fats and an ingredient list you need a Ph.D. in Chemistry to read.

Yet we live longer now than we have at any time in history.. so go figure. .
Alcohol is a natural process of nature converting sugar to alcohol.

What your wanting to do is legalize putting acetone, hydrochloric acid, phosphorus, brake fluid, lye and drain cleaner into people’s bodies.

Ever seen a person after a year of that? I have. The smell of rotting flesh is what you remember the most.

Pot is legal in California. Yet a majority of sales are black market.
Only a civilization hating freak could call for legalizing drugs.

Kind of hard to regulate the sale of something you can grow in your backyard.

Guy, here's the thing. We tried Prohibition.. it didn't work. And manufacturing alcohol is a lot harder than growing pot.
Yeah, nobody can make meth at home.

Are they terrorists........yup........do they own the Mexican Gov't........yup............

Is it our fight again............nope.......seal the dang border............Why should we fight them when the Mexican people are too Cowardly to Stand and fight them..............

They all run to here...........Grow a set of balls and retake your country.

Forum List

Back