Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

So everyone has posted except Strollingbones. But she's here so I wonder if she even knows about the game. Wake should PM her to remind her.

We are 10 pages in to the game now. How about everyone post their best guesses for town and scum?

So everyone has posted except Strollingbones. But she's here so I wonder if she even knows about the game. Wake should PM her to remind her.

She may just be keeping low profile. Her talking on day 1 is what got her lynched on day 2.

By not talking, I'm more to lean towards someone being scum. They have everything to hide. Maybe by saying something, they're afraid they'll mess up and give themselves away.

Where is Strollingbones. She's posting a lot today. Is she in the game or not?

She went to the doc today about a sensitive matter; so it is understandable if she is a bit distracted today.

Can't blame her for her choice of "medicine" on a stress filled day like today for her! No siree!

Regards from Rosie

Potential Scum

strollingbones - has not posted since the game began

RosieS - for making excuses for strollingbones, even though strollingbones has been posting in other parts of the forum

Mertex - for trying to distract players by bringing up the previous game

I'll have more later, since I've been doing this from work.

When Russia and Germany entered Poland and killed all the intelligentsia off, it didn't give Poland much of an advantage.

Who here qualifies as intelligentsia? The cop maybe but they don't know who that is.

Better players, then.

I vote Avatar.

:cool:

If you want your vote to count, you have to say Vote:player in bold.

If you are just throwing out a "maybe" vote, then that is what your vote looks like.

Potential Scum

strollingbones - has not posted since the game began

RosieS - for making excuses for strollingbones, even though strollingbones has been posting in other parts of the forum

Mertex - for trying to distract players by bringing up the previous game

I'll have more later, since I've been doing this from work.

Oh puleeze. Go read the "wish me luck" thread. Bones has a valid excused absence.

Vote: ACSY for being a failed hall monitor.

Can we have. a volunteer to be hall monitor for the rest of this week?

Thanks in advance.

Regards from Rosie

Hmm, Manifold jumps on the Ropey wagon, while Ropey doesn't seem to concerned that he's being targeted. Jumping on someone early for no good reason is definitely scummy while Ropey's lack of concern reads slightly town.

Actually, you kind of talked me into voting for Ropey first. I figure we have to lynch someone to get the ball rolling and he's as good a candidate as any. On the other hand I'm also wondering how much of an advantage would we be giving the mafia if we didn't lynch anybody on day one? Obviously less of an advantage than if we lynch a townie, but we also sacrifice an opportunity to really turn the tables in favor of the town should we manage to guess right and lynch scum.

I don't like this post. Why would any townie suggest a no lynch on the first day? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Wake said this generally does not benefit town. AND, it gives scum a free night kill. True, that could be blocked but why would town take that chance? Scum knows who they are, town doesn't. So all this does is give a much higher chance for the mafia to take someone out and no chance for town to take out scum.

manifold is now suspicious to me

But Manifold actually voted to lynch someone....Grandma is the only one that has voted "no lynch"....Manifold actually was saying that a "no lynch" would hurt us townies more than lynching one of our own, so why is that making you suspicious of Manifold? A scum would benefit more from a "no lynch" than a townie....so if anyone would look suspicious for suggesting it would be Grandma, but then, she may just be saying she's not ready to name who she wants lynched?

I'm thinking grandma may be the godmother. Who would suspect her?

It's random generation, not who seems best for the part. If I were Godmother I'd be doing one of those massive kills like from the baptism scene in Godfather 1.

I know. But you didn't deny it

Well there's not much I can do besides say "I'm a townie, not scum!" And everyone will be saying that.

Someone else mentioned a no vote. I'm going to vote, but I want that vote to count for something. I don't want to randomly kill someone just to get the game going. I'll vote in plenty of time for the deadline.

Where is Strollingbones. She's posting a lot today. Is she in the game or not?

SB had a doctor's appointment regarding her cancer...I'm not sure how much in the mood she is for playing a game although the doctor's report was sort of good. The cancer had come back but according to her it was of such a kind that the doctor was able to remove it, on the spot, so that was good. That's probably why she hasn't been posting in here, in my opinion.

I don't have a vote yet, but I'm going to review the thread in a bit and see if I have a suspect

That's good news regarding SB. She should take as much time as she needs.

Mertex - for trying to distract players by bringing up the previous game ...

I still don't get this. Information is information. We should use everything at our disposal, within the rules of the game, to give us a clue as to who's who. Wake mentioned in the run up that players on competitive boards tend to target players with a reputation for playing shrewdly. We should also be looking for subtly changes to player's posting styles, as that could be a giveaway as well. We just don't have much to go on and learning from the previous game is just smart play. I'm not saying we should base anything on who played what roles in the previous game - that parts randomly assigned - but observing shifts in playing style is fair game, and could be an important clue. That's not distraction, that's smart strategy.

The fact that Mebelle voted for Manifold without much ado made me suspicious of her. Later on Wolfsister posted that Mani was suspicious because he was suggesting a "no lynch" but I read his post and I didn't get that from him.

Then she made a hard vote for Manifold.

So, is it possible that Mebelle and Wolfsister are working together (Scum) and are trying to get the rest of us to go with Manifold?

I'm still gunning for MeBelle, her quick vote made me think that she may be scum, after all, Scum knows who they are and who we are, so they don't have to guess. And here we have two of them voting for Manifold, not hesitating one moment and plain out wanting to get rid of him....hmmmmm.

Actually, you kind of talked me into voting for Ropey first. I figure we have to lynch someone to get the ball rolling and he's as good a candidate as any. On the other hand I'm also wondering how much of an advantage would we be giving the mafia if we didn't lynch anybody on day one? Obviously less of an advantage than if we lynch a townie, but we also sacrifice an opportunity to really turn the tables in favor of the town should we manage to guess right and lynch scum.

I don't like this post. Why would any townie suggest a no lynch on the first day? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Wake said this generally does not benefit town. AND, it gives scum a free night kill. True, that could be blocked but why would town take that chance? Scum knows who they are, town doesn't. So all this does is give a much higher chance for the mafia to take someone out and no chance for town to take out scum.

manifold is now suspicious to me

But Manifold actually voted to lynch someone....Grandma is the only one that has voted "no lynch"....Manifold actually was saying that a "no lynch" would hurt us townies more than lynching one of our own, so why is that making you suspicious of Manifold? A scum would benefit more from a "no lynch" than a townie....so if anyone would look suspicious for suggesting it would be Grandma, but then, she may just be saying she's not ready to name who she wants lynched?

I think the fact that manifold even discussed a no lynch on the first day is suspicious. Grandma just doesn't want to vote yet is what I got from her. I'm just looking for any little clue because we don't have a lot to go on yet. He can explain himself and if I'm satisfied with it, I'll switch to mebelle. She hasn't contributed much so I'm suspicious of her too.

Forum List

Back