Occupy Wall Street Website: “Stop Listing Demands” We Look Like Complete Imbeciles

So you really think that those who have been planning this event for months are not the leaders of this event?

I not only believe that, I know it to be true.

Take a look at the movement's participants and you will see where the real planning takes place. All of the committees, the arrangements for food, teach-ins, shelter, and so on, this is not done by Van Jones or any other liberal big shot. It's done by the participants, in a ground-up fashion.

If you really understood the event that sparked this thread, you would see that nobody controls the movement. What happened was that the web site had an open forum, not unlike this one; people could post anything they wanted and membership was open and free. As noted above, there are probably some right-wing participants. Liberty is the law of the day. But someone used their liberty to post ideas that made the movement look bad, and so a REQUEST has been made (and note that this request is non-enforceable) that no one post any more lists of demands in the forum.

This is the antithesis of top-down control. It could not be less totalitarian.

again...WHAT THE HELL DO YOU GUYS WANT? WHAT IS THE PURPOSE?
and shouldn't you idiots be out trying to "occupy" the WHITE HOUSE or Congress or a outhouse where laws and bills are made and passed?
my gawd..how can you all OCCUPY something you DON'T OWN? it is ILLEGAL last time I checked.
They know it. They will push until it becomes violent...seriously violent. They are waiting for an excuse.

So you really think that those who have been planning this event for months are not the leaders of this event?

Take a look at the movement's participants and you will see where the real planning takes place. All of the committees, the arrangements for food, teach-ins, shelter, and so on, this is not done by Van Jones or any other liberal big shot. It's done by the participants, in a ground-up fashion.

If you really understood the event that sparked this thread, you would see that nobody controls the movement. What happened was that the web site had an open forum, not unlike this one; people could post anything they wanted and membership was open and free. As noted above, there are probably some right-wing participants. Liberty is the law of the day. But someone used their liberty to post ideas that made the movement look bad, and so a REQUEST has been made (and note that this request is non-enforceable) that no one post any more lists of demands in the forum.

and shouldn't you idiots be out trying to "occupy" the WHITE HOUSE or Congress or a outhouse where laws and bills are made and passed?
my gawd..how can you all OCCUPY something you DON'T OWN? it is ILLEGAL last time I checked.

This is a Field Test for the ACORN Community Action Group Spawn,..... can't you tell? Who Else could Screw it up so badly?

Yeah--but I haven't seen any of them build web-sites--claiming to be LEADERS--with a list of 13 unrealistic DEMANDS-that would never happen.-:lol::lol:

http://www.teapartypatriots.org/?gclid=CM2hkJzE0qsCFRdUgwod0m9rSw

The Tea Party National Resource Center

Welcome to Tea Party.org

Lots of leaders, leading lots of sheep, all focused on, "what's in it for ME"?

Certainly there are web-sites in this country--across this country for tea party groups. Do you see a ridiculous LIST OF DEMANDS in any one of them?

Their topics will ALWAYS center around the GOALS--smaller government--less government spending--a balanced budget amendment. They will also out either party politicians on approval of earmarks and government waste. They will discuss candidates---most WILL never ENDORSE candidates. And NONE of them will claim to announce a LEADER of the Tea Party Movement--because there is NONE. My group will inform me of something important-that I may want to help take action on--either by calling my representatives or showing up at a meeting to be INFORMED on what local--state--and the Federal Government is up too. That's PRODUCTIVE.

We don't get our signs from Kinco's--that say TAX THE RICH--and call it good--LOL

I don't argue or debate true believers - smaller government, a balanced budget, less government - are emotional statements without substance. If you took a moment to examine the consequences of what you hope for, you might realize how silly they are.

Our nation has many problems, few of which will ever be solved with platitudes. One man's smaller government - say cutting our military to the bone - is anathema to another man. Requiring a balanced budget is absurd, a budget is a plan by definition, not written in stone. Budgets need to be revised do to unplanned circumstances, if they cannot be modified the budget becomes not a plan but a straight jacket.

They know it. They will push until it becomes violent...seriously violent. They are waiting for an excuse.

Yes It gets violence and then the administration has to step in with a police state. The top comes down.

Thats how the communists turned a number of nations after WW2. Its an old strategy.

The purpose is to highlight public opposition to the loss of the American dream and the decline of the American middle class, to demonstrate clearly to politicians, particularly the Democrats, that they cannot get away with serving the interests of Wall Street instead of the people, and to begin an ongoing dialog that will bring these issues to the surface instead of having them be buried by a corporate-controlled media and a corporate-controlled two-party system.

and shouldn't you be out trying to "occupy" the WHITE HOUSE or Congress where laws and bills are made and passed?

Occupy DC | 

Like that? The answer is yes, but since Wall Street and Washington are joined at the hip, and the former pulls the latter's strings, one must address both.

Of course. Nonviolent civil disobedience is always illegal.

I understand it - a bunch of greedy 20 somethings want to live for free....

Yet they brought their own life situation on themselves by voting for a communist shit.

They're masochists and now they have to deal with their own mistake - which effected everyone in this country BTW..

I told them not to vote or support Obama but that shit was just going to give them their "hope and change."

Certainly there are web-sites in this country--across this country for tea party groups. Do you see a ridiculous LIST OF DEMANDS in any one of them?

Their topics will ALWAYS center around the GOALS--smaller government--less government spending--a balanced budget amendment. They will also out either party politicians on approval of earmarks and government waste. They will discuss candidates---most WILL never ENDORSE candidates. And NONE of them will claim to announce a LEADER of the Tea Party Movement--because there is NONE. My group will inform me of something important-that I may want to help take action on--either by calling my representatives or showing up at a meeting to be INFORMED on what local--state--and the Federal Government is up too. That's PRODUCTIVE.

We don't get our signs from Kinco's--that say TAX THE RICH--and call it good--LOL

I don't argue or debate true believers - smaller government, a balanced budget, less government - are emotional statements without substance. If you took a moment to examine the consequences of what you hope for, you might realize how silly they are.

Our nation has many problems, few of which will ever be solved with platitudes. One man's smaller government - say cutting our military to the bone - is anathema to another man. Requiring a balanced budget is absurd, a budget is a plan by definition, not written in stone. Budgets need to be revised do to unplanned circumstances, if they cannot be modified the budget becomes not a plan but a straight jacket.

Emotional statements without substance? Why? Becuase you are too lazy to look up at the historical and intellectual arguments for them?

No. The hate the wealthy for no particular reason movement is the one based on emotion.

The purpose is to highlight public opposition to the loss of the American dream and the decline of the American middle class, to demonstrate clearly to politicians, particularly the Democrats, that they cannot get away with serving the interests of Wall Street instead of the people, and to begin an ongoing dialog that will bring these issues to the surface instead of having them be buried by a corporate-controlled media and a corporate-controlled two-party system.

and shouldn't you be out trying to "occupy" the WHITE HOUSE or Congress where laws and bills are made and passed?

Occupy DC*|*

Like that? The answer is yes, but since Wall Street and Washington are joined at the hip, and the former pulls the latter's strings, one must address both.

Yep, exactly what Van Jones was saying. You have NO LEADER my ass.
That is why you got so UPSET when you saw the LIST of Demands ISN'T it..you all WERE EXPOSED..DAMN:lol:

Very Short Sighted. Budgets matter. They should also contain Reserve for Contingencies. That is only Prudent. There is so much to clean up, one could almost start Anywhere. The Key is to not stop, cleaning up Shit, is a continual process. One needs to know when to use the axe, the scalpel, and the shovel. ;) Start a trend.

Occupy DC*|*

The 'American Dream' was never 'give me free stuff'. It was 'I am free to succeed or fail'. If your 'American Dream' is taking from others so you don't have to work for it, you're in the wrong America.

Interesting. So now we have the web site backing up exactly what I was saying earlier: that those demands were the personal opinion of ONE person, posted in the forum, and were not "official demands of OWS" in any way, shape or form. That's been confirmed, but does one of you yahoos have the decency and intellectual integrity to say, "Well, all right, guess I was wrong about that"?

Ha! No, now that that's been confirmed, and the list of demands you were so outraged about shown for the bullshit it always was, you do a one-eighty and say this shows how the movement is telling people not to think for themselves.

This movement scares the crap out of you guys. It couldn't be more obvious. Your mental contortions in response to it are nothing short of pathetic.

Well it's beginning to gel. Unions are getting into the fray.

About fucking time.

They were there the whole time. Didn't you see their lists of demands?

You are wrong. You are being manipulated. Your movement exists because Van Jones and Co have decided to make it so.

Prove it.
Know how to read?

The Obama Media Helps Launch Van Jones Revolution

The Obama Media reports Van Jones has planned an October revolution calling it an "American Autumn." Comparing his call to arms to the Arab Spring, Jones told Lawrence O'Donnell of MSNBC "hold onto your hats. We're gonna have an October offensive to take back the American Dream and to rescue America's middle class."

Jones and MoveOn.org organized a conference for October 3 - 5 at the Washington Hilton on Connecticut Avenue "to save the American Dream." Headliners on the Awards Gala list Drummond Pike of the Tides Foundation, and Cecile Richards of Planned Parenthood of America.
Beginning last June, Jones started ramping up his latest project aimed against the Tea Party and in true modern "professional revolutionary" fashion he organized from his desktop. Sending emailed letters of appeal to like-minded activists, Jones laid the groundwork for his still unspecified revolution (unless he was behind the 700 Wall Street protestors just arrested on the Brooklyn Bridge). Jones in the interview with O'Donnell said:
You're going to see an American fall, an American autumn, just like we saw the Arab Spring. You can see it right now with these young people on Wall Street. Hold onto your hats. We'll have an October offensive to take back the American dream and to rescue America's middle class.

OK, so.... being the curious type.... I went along to the Occupy Wall Street Website. It says...

Occupy Wall Street is leaderless resistance movement with people of many colors, genders and political persuasions. The one thing we all have in common is that We Are The 99% that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1%. We are using the revolutionary Arab Spring tactic to achieve our ends and encourage the use of nonviolence to maximize the safety of all participants.

So, if it's a leaderless resistance movement.... who the fuck is telling the rest of them to stop making hysterically moronic demands?

I would like to know who the hell gives them the right to speak for me! Since I am not part of the 1% who are rich, I clearly do not fit in that category. Who the hell are these spoiled little brats who think they speak for me?

Edit: I sure the hell have not given them my proxy.

Immie

Last edited:
The 'American Dream' was never 'give me free stuff'. It was 'I am free to succeed or fail'. If your 'American Dream' is taking from others so you don't have to work for it, you're in the wrong America.

OWS is not about "give me free stuff," either.

The concept of the American Dream is a post-WWII thing, during the decades when government policies narrowed income gaps, drove up real wages, and made it possible for most people to live a middle-class lifestyle, not, to be sure, without working for it -- that was never the goal and isn't now, either -- but with generous wages paid for their work. Today, thanks to stagnant and declining real wages over the past three decades, a middle-class lifestyle has become out of reach for most Americans.

It has nothing to do with having to work for it or not. It has to do with whether it's attainable if you DO work for it.

Occupy DC*|*

They just wish to carry on the failed Soviet dream of turning us into Amerika.

"Мы вас похороним!" (We will bury you)! ~Nakita Kruschev

OWS is not about "give me free stuff," either.

The concept of the American Dream is a post-WWII thing, during the decades when government policies narrowed income gaps, drove up real wages, and made it possible for most people to live a middle-class lifestyle, not, to be sure, without working for it -- that was never the goal and isn't now, either -- but with generous wages paid for their work. Today, thanks to stagnant and declining real wages over the past three decades, a middle-class lifestyle has become out of reach for most Americans.

It has nothing to do with having to work for it or not. It has to do with whether it's attainable if you DO work for it.

You have a remarkably narrow view of reality. You do not factor in global issues at all in your thinking. Whether we like it or not, we have a global economy.... your 'solutions' cannot and will not fix the problems. The reason why the TEA Parties focused on those 10 demands is that they could fix our problems.

Before we worry about the 'Dream', we have to wake up from the 'nightmare'. Otherwise, we are doomed.

Know how to read?

Unfortunately for your argument, yes. I read the words "American Thinker" and knew immediately that this was garbage. I read the first three words, "The Obama media," and had that confirmed.

Even if any of this had any basis in fact and wasn't the usual drivel from this preposterous, utterly garbage-laden source, it would still prove nothing.

Know how to read?

Unfortunately for your argument, yes. I read the words "American Thinker" and knew immediately that this was garbage. I read the first three words, "The Obama media," and had that confirmed.

Even if any of this had any basis in fact and wasn't the usual drivel from this preposterous, utterly garbage-laden source, it would still prove nothing.
Whatever you say commrade.

Forum List

Back