Occupation 101

Breaking the Silence has been debunked as a fraud, Nazi Georgie.

Decorated war hero Colonel Richard Kemp has testified under oath as to the ethical and professional conduct of the IDF...
I am the former commander of the British forces in Afghanistan. I served with NATO and the United Nations; commanded troops in Northern Ireland, Bosnia and Macedonia; and participated in the Gulf War. I spent considerable time in Iraq since the 2003 invasion, and worked on international terrorism for the UK Government’s Joint Intelligence Committee.

Mr. President, based on my knowledge and experience, I can say this: During Operation Cast Lead, the Israeli Defence Forces did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other army in the history of warfare.

Israel did so while facing an enemy that deliberately positioned its military capability behind the human shield of the civilian population.
Hamas, like Hizballah, are expert at driving the media agenda. Both will always have people ready to give interviews condemning Israeli forces for war crimes. They are adept at staging and distorting incidents.

The IDF faces a challenge that we British do not have to face to the same extent. It is the automatic, Pavlovian presumption by many in the international media, and international human rights groups, that the IDF are in the wrong, that they are abusing human rights.

The truth is that the IDF took extraordinary measures to give Gaza civilians notice of targeted areas, dropping over 2 million leaflets, and making over 100,000 phone calls. Many missions that could have taken out Hamas military capability were aborted to prevent civilian casualties. During the conflict, the IDF allowed huge amounts of humanitarian aid into Gaza. To deliver aid virtually into your enemy's hands is, to the military tactician, normally quite unthinkable. But the IDF took on those risks.

Despite all of this, of course innocent civilians were killed. War is chaos and full of mistakes. There have been mistakes by the British, American and other forces in Afghanistan and in Iraq, many of which can be put down to human error. But mistakes are not war crimes.

More than anything, the civilian casualties were a consequence of Hamas’ way of fighting. Hamas deliberately tried to sacrifice their own civilians.

Mr. President, Israel had no choice apart from defending its people, to stop Hamas from attacking them with rockets.

And I say this again: the IDF did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other army in the history of warfare.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX6vyT8RzMo[/ame]

"Mr. President, Israel had no choice apart from defending its people, to stop Hamas from attacking them with rockets."

Another transparent lie told by those who profit from killing other people's children:

"With Hizbollah and Hamas there can be no political negotiations, though it is worth remembering that Hamas has repeatedly called for accepting the international consensus and Hezbollah has stated that it is a Lebanese party and will not disrupt anything that Palestinians accept.

"With these non-state actors, Israel can negotiate other agreements, like the ceasefire agreement with Hamas that Israel accepted formally (though not fully in practice) in June 2008.

"The government of Israel officially acknowledges that Hamas did not fire a single rocket until Israel violated the ceasefire in November 2008, invading Gaza and killing Hamas activists.

"Hamas offered to renew the ceasefire.

"The Israeli cabinet considered the offer, and rejected it, preferring to launch Operation Cast Lead -- sheer criminal aggression, without any justification, because peaceful means were available, as Israel and its US partner knew."

Noam Chomsky

The misperception of Islam is a very difficult thing to change. We in the United States (And many other places in the world) have this idea that Islam is a religion as we know them. This is true in that Islam has personal restrictions that followers are encouraged to engage in. Such as fasting during Ramadan. Or praying 5 times a day. I do not believe that anyone in the U.S. has any problems with these types of issues. How Muslims work these committments out in their life is their problem. What I have a problem with is that Islam, unlike all other religions that I am aware of, was designed as a form of governace.

Islam has a complete legal system with jurisprudence that goes back 1400 years. Islam has a foreign policy and an economic policy. It is not just a few 'nutjobs' like we see here in the U.S. that believe that Muslims have an obligation to kill "Occupiers" of Muslim 'lands'. Can you imagine the problems if the Catholic Church had the ability to mobilize it's own militias to defend it's 'land'? Or 'waters'?

Islam as a form of government is in direct conflict with the responsibilities and authority of the modern national government. A major problem is that Islam as a form of government has been fact for more than a millennia. It is now a cultural thing to have religion control the government, even the army. I cannot think of many other things that could start a war more quickly than have the Catholic Church able to enforce it's laws upon all of us, despite what the U.S. government and military think. To top this off, at least I agree with the Catholic Church on many of it's 'laws'!! Islamic law is about as hostile to me and my way of life that I can imagine. I have studied warfare for more than 40 years. NO other issue will start a war faster than a threat to way of life. This is one major reason as to why so many good southerners defended the evil of slavery.

Don't take my word for it. Study Islamic law.

Sounds like good advice.

Would you consider Islam 101 a credible starting point?

"The political system of Islam is based on three principles: Tawhid (unity of Allah), Risalat (Prophethood) and Khilafat (vicegerency).

"It is difficult to appreciate the different aspects of Islamic polity without fully understanding these three principles.

"I will therefore begin with a brief exposition of what they are."

Sounds like good advice.

"The political system of Islam is based on three principles: Tawhid (unity of Allah), Risalat (Prophethood) and Khilafat (vicegerency).

"It is difficult to appreciate the different aspects of Islamic polity without fully understanding these three principles.

"I will therefore begin with a brief exposition of what they are."

Nonsense. You know less than nothing about Islam.

Islam is Arabic for submission. Islamic principles command all Muslims and non-Muslims to submit to Islam. Those who refuse must die.

The foundation of Islam is dar al-Islam dar al-Harb: House of Islam/House of War. Muslims are obligated to be at war with those infidels under the House of War until all either convert to Islam, submit to Islamic rule or be killed.

Foremist Islamic scholar Bernard Lewis...
Bernard Lewis, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Near Eastern Studies at Princeton University, in The Crisis of Islam...
For most of the fourteen centuries of recorded Muslim history, jihad was most commonly interpreted to mean armed struggle for the defense or advancement of Muslim power. In Muslim tradition, the world is divided into two houses: the House of Islam (Dar al-Islam), in which Muslim governments rule and Muslim law prevails, and the House of War (Dar al-Harb), the rest of the world, still inhabited and, more important, ruled by infidels. The presumption is that the duty of jihad will continue, interrupted only by truces, until all the world either adopts the Muslim faith or submits to Muslim rule.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Islam-West-Bernard-Lewis/dp/0195090616/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288032148&sr=1-10]Amazon.com: Islam and the West (9780195090611): Bernard Lewis: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

Now, you know.

Sounds like good advice.

Your silly website is not an authoritative source.

The Encyclopedia of Islam is the definitive authoritative source on Islam.

The Encyclopedia of Islam states, correctly so, that jihad--holy war-- is required by Muslims. It is, in fact, the de facto 6th Pillar.
In law, according to general doctrine and in historical tradition, the jihad consists of military action with the object of the expansion of Islam and, if need be, of its defense.

The jihad has the effect of extending the sway of the faith; it is prescribed by God and his Prophet; the Muslim dedicates himself to the jihad in the same way that, in Christianity, the monk dedicates himself to the service of God; in the same vein it is said in different Hadiths that "the jihad is the monasticism of Islam"; the jihad is "an act of pure devotion"; it is "one of the gates to Paradise"; rich heavenly rewards are guaranteed for those who devote themselves to it; those who fall in the jihad are the martyrs of the faith, etc. A substantial part of the doctrine reckons the jihad among the very "pillars" (arkan) of the religion, along with prayer and fasting etc. It is a duty which falls upon every Muslim who is male, free and able-bodied. It is generally considered that non-Muslims may be called upon to assist the Muslims in the jihad
Encyclopaedia of Islam - BRILL

Now, you know.

The Jewish State of Israel began with fraud.

And worse:

"Al-Nakba stands as a critical marker in the life of at least three generations of Palestinians since 1947-1948; and it will be indelible in the minds of future Palestinian generations.

"It is, no doubt, a violent severance and interruption of the Palestinians from their past: from their familiarity with their daily surroundings, their immediate environment, and their natural connection with their milieu.

"It is a process that led to the cleansing (i.e., killing and expulsion) of at least 86% of the indigenous Palestinian population that lived in the area that became Israel; and the erasure of at least 531 of their villages and towns, with the explicit goal of creating an exclusive Jewish state in the same area."

Khalil Nakleh

The Jewish State of Israel began with fraud.

Israel is the only legitimate country in the Middle East.

Israel existed not once but twice in antiquity and archaeological artifacts demonstrate Israel existed at least 1300 years ago.

In contrast, not one sovereign Arab country existed prior to World War I.

Israel is the only country in the world with endorsements from the world community in both the League of Nations and UN.

Barack Obama to UN General Assembly (September 23)... :clap2:
Israel is a sovereign state, and the historic homeland of the Jewish people. It should be clear to all that efforts to chip away at Israel's legitimacy will only be met by the unshakeable opposition of the United States. And efforts to threaten or kill Israelis will do nothing to help the Palestinian people. The slaughter of innocent Israelis is not resistance -- it's injustice
Remarks by the President to the United Nations General Assembly | The White House

It is a process that led to the cleansing (i.e., killing and expulsion) of at least 86% of the indigenous Palestinian population that lived in the area that became Israel;[/B] and the erasure of at least 531 of their villages and towns, with the explicit goal of creating an exclusive Jewish state in the same area."

Khalil Nakleh

Bogus website, Georgie. This is why you're so uneducated. :lol:

You got your history wrong, again, Georgie.:lol:

This is for you, Georgie...

Historian Benny Morris...
The demonisation of Israel is largely based on lies - much as the demonisation of the Jews during the past 2,000 years has been based on lies. And there is a connection between the two.

The Palestinian Arabs were not responsible in some bizarre way for what befell them in 1948. Their responsibility was very direct and simple.

In defiance of the will of the international community, as embodied in the UN General Assembly Resolution of November 29th, 1947 (No. 181), they launched hostilities against the Jewish community in Palestine in the hope of aborting the emergence of the Jewish state and perhaps destroying that community. But they lost; and one of the results was the displacement of 700,000 of them from their homes.

on the local level, in dozens of localities around Palestine, Arab leaders advised or ordered the evacuation of women and children or whole communities, as occurred in Haifa in late April, 1948. And Haifa's Jewish mayor, Shabtai Levy, did, on April 22nd, plead with them to stay, to no avail.

Most of Palestine's 700,000 "refugees" fled their homes because of the flail of war (and in the expectation that they would shortly return to their homes on the backs of victorious Arab invaders).

The displacement of the 700,000 Arabs who became "refugees" - and I put the term in inverted commas, as two-thirds of them were displaced from one part of Palestine to another and not from their country (which is the usual definition of a refugee) - was not a racist crime but the result of a national conflict and a war, with religious overtones, from the Muslim perspective, launched by the Arabs themselves.

There was no Zionist "plan" or blanket policy of evicting the Arab population, or of "ethnic cleansing".
1948 - Morris, Benny - Yale University Press

"From the above perspective, and according to all available serious historical analyses, Al-Nakba was not a sudden happening that came from nowhere.

"What happened in 1947-1948 was a culmination of a colonial settler process, whose aim was (and continues to be) to dislodge the indigenous Arab population of Palestine and replace them with Zionist Jewish settlers from other countries.

'These settlers and their descendants spearheaded a systematic process, which started in the early twenties of the last century, of cleansing the land from its Palestinian population, and transforming it to become an extension of the globalized capitalist center.

What happened in 1947-1948 was a culmination of a colonial settler process, whose aim was (and continues to be) to dislodge the indigenous Arab population of Palestine and replace them with Zionist Jewish settlers from other countries.

Georgie, you're so uneducated, it's not even funny.

Muslims colonized the entire Jewish and Christian Middle East and replaced with Muslims, uneducated one...
Muslim conquests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jews are the indigenous population, uneducated Georgie. Arabs originate from Arabia.

Winston Churchill, who won a Nobel Prize for historical literature...
The Jews had Palestine before that indigenous population [the Arabs] came in and inhabited it
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Churchill-Life-Martin-Gilbert/dp/0805023968/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288226761&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Churchill: A Life (9780805023961): Martin Gilbert: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

"From the above perspective, and according to all available serious historical analyses, Al-Nakba was not a sudden happening that came from nowhere.

"What happened in 1947-1948 was a culmination of a colonial settler process, whose aim was (and continues to be) to dislodge the indigenous Arab population of Palestine and replace them with Zionist Jewish settlers from other countries.

'These settlers and their descendants spearheaded a systematic process, which started in the early twenties of the last century, of cleansing the land from its Palestinian population, and transforming it to become an extension of the globalized capitalist center.

Georgie, the British gave Jordan to the Arabians, which was 80% of Mandate Palestine. Jordan is 40,000 square miles. Israel, just 8,000 square miles.

When will you speak with Jordan's King Abdullah about renouncing his throne and giving Jordan to the Pallies? :clap2:

Forum List

Back