Obama's Sleek Black Tour Bus Cost $1.1 Million

I know who they are. They're the fifty percent who pay ZERO, get rebates on the ZERO and demand MORE. That's who they are.

The Truth About All Those People Who Don

1. According to the Tax Policy Institute, 46% of American households are not expected to pay federal income tax in 2011. It’s not 51%, but that’s still a pretty big number.

2. Of that 46% (that’s roughly 76 million American households), half of them pay no federal income tax due to standard deductions and basic exemptions. In English—it means they’re poor. Our tax system doesn’t tax subsistence level incomes. For example: a married couple making $18,700 a year or less would pay no federal income tax. It’s important to note that they still are subject to Social Security and Medicare taxes, either through their wage withholdings or through their self employment taxes on their federal return. There’s a big difference between “no federal income taxes” and “no taxes ”.

3. That leaves 38 million households that pay no income tax because of special provisions in the tax code.

So what are these special provisions and who is affected by them?
1. 44% of those 38 million households are covered under tax benefits for the elderly. That would include the extra standard deduction for senior citizens and the exclusion of some social security benefits from taxation. (The report also mentions the credit for the elderly, but in reality, I have never, ever prepared a return where someone actually qualified for that credit.)

And the article explains the rest. So you want to bitch about how the extreme poor, elderly who collect social security (isn't that you?), and poor families with kids aren't being taxed? :lol:

Like I said Willow, your priorities are screwed. But then again, critical thinking isn't in your vocabulary since Fox News does all your thinking for you.

I can bitch about whatever I choose. I don't care what you think of me. I'm not poor for a reason. The reason is I worked my ass off to make sure i could make it in my retirement years. I think for myself. you make me sick saying "YOU let fox do your thinking for you." Every fucking liberal on this board says the same dame shit, you are nothing but an ignorant left wing parrot.

He ain't worried about balancing no damn budget. Not at all.

As President Obama cruises through the Midwest the next three days, he'll be riding in two buses -- sleek and black, with dark-tinted windows -- that cost $1.1 million, the Associated Press reports. A Secret Service spokesman explained that the agency has to protect politicians riding in buses all the time anyway, and it plans on using the buses for future candidates and officials.

The White House says Obama will spend the roadtrip listening to voters vent their frustration with Washington and talk about their economic struggles. The full length of the bus:

Obama's Sleek Black Tour Bus Cost $1.1 Million - Elspeth Reeve - NationalJournal.com

Call it what it is. A Tax Payer Funded CAMPAIGN BUS.

That was built in Canada!! So much for made in America transportation!:eusa_whistle:

Or...if their intention is to tie the Secret Service's hands so this president doesn't quite get the high level of protection as those of the past.

No. She's just pissed about the money..... and shouldn't be.

Why shouldn't I be? He didn't NEED those busses. We've already assured that he travels first class every fucking where he goes. Don't be stupid.

I don't think Willow NEEDS internet access..

That's just it . . . it's something that isn't needed and in the vast scheme of things isn't a lot of money. But this is exactly the behavior/attitude that has permeated D.C. for years from both sides and that is the problem. So much so that all those millions and billions are now into the trillions.

Obama again missed an opportunity to lead by example, to lead by his actions. His words are cheap; his actions speak volumes.

Did you read the links @ media matters. According to the Secret Service, they were needed since they have always rented them in the past then had to outfit them for security.

They will pay for themselves in 10 years.

:rolleyes:

You missed my point.

With so many people missing your point, that leads me to believe you aren't making it very effectively.

Did you read the links @ media matters. According to the Secret Service, they were needed since they have always rented them in the past then had to outfit them for security.

They will pay for themselves in 10 years.

:rolleyes:

You missed my point.

With so many people missing your point, that leads me to believe you aren't making it very effectively.

Two is 'so many'? :lol:

It leads me to believe that those who missed it failed at reading comprehension. C'est la vie.

If you are that concerned about spending, then go after the GOP's Medicare Part D. However, you rather wallow in fake rage over a couple of million rather than a trillion.

Republicans: Spending 2.2 million is more angering than spending a trillion on a policy that was a handout to Big Pharma.

So much fake rage.

You're new here . . . how do you know she's never raged against Part D?

It is a deduction and I could be wrong. Willow seems more transfixed on partisan BS than actual issues.

That is just my opinion.

You are, in fact, spot on. So much fake outrage from the far rightwing nutjobs. It's their M.O.

Two is 'so many'? :lol:

It leads me to believe that those who missed it failed at reading comprehension. C'est la vie.

In succession? Yeah, it seems like "so many".

Must not have been much of a point if you aren't willing to expound on it.

My point has been that the Secret Service ordered these buses, not the President.

"We have had a demonstrated need for this for some time," says Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan. "We've had protectees — presidents, vice presidents, presidential candidates — that have participated in bus tours since 1980."

(yes, that's right...one of these buses will be available to the GnOP nominee)

They did it because it is really expensive to lease buses and then outfit them for Presidential security.

"It was extremely expensive to lease one of these buses and then put in proper armoring, proper communications equipment," says former Secret Service Director Ralph Basham, who's now with Command Consulting Group. "And then at the end of the contract you had to restore these buses back to their original state."​

A Different Kind of Party Bus

So this is an investment that Presidents will benefit from for many years to come. Why do you have a problem with it? Isn't a long term investment better than leasing these each time? Why isn't it?

You're new here . . . how do you know she's never raged against Part D?

It is a deduction and I could be wrong. Willow seems more transfixed on partisan BS than actual issues.

That is just my opinion.

You are, in fact, spot on. So much fake outrage from the far rightwing nutjobs. It's their M.O.

Imagine Americans expecting the president to practice what he preachs

We should all be hypocrites for the president :cuckoo:

when do the unicorns and rainbows show up?

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture3853-lb0816cd20110816041251.jpg

Before the mods move it:

Turns out the busses were made in Canada

President Obama on Midwest tour with bus made in Canada - NYPOST.com
:eusa_whistle:

How many companies make these types of buses in the US?
It doesnt matter. The fact he is on a so called job tour to get our citizens to work makes this whole thing an oxymoron!!

If there are no buses of this type made here, of course it makes a difference. Do you have any idea how customized these buses are?

Nearly every part of a presidential vehicle is built from scratch, says Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

"Doors, for example, are 5 inches thick. The windows are totally bulletproof. It has its own supply of oxygen, tires that can't be punctured with a bullet."​

A Different Kind of Party Bus

Forum List

Back