Obamacare Implosion? Congress paralyzed as insurers look for massive premium increases

If the republicans and Trump were smart, and we've seen that they're not, they would have improved Obamacare, the only working healthcare plan on the books.
But they painted themselves into a corner with the repeal and replace nonsense and it was a collossal failure.
Trump and the GOP owns healthcare and it's up to them now to work with democrats, ya know the party that gets things done, to provide a viable HC bill that won't knock 22 million off the rolls or be a big tax break for the rich.
This is going to kill Trump and the republicans b/c they're only happy when they're funneling money to the very people that don't need it and the Dems won't let them do it.

Yup, the only working healthcare plan that works for the non-working and reams the working people.

[Q

You're paying your health insurance company twice. Once for a policy, and again for care.

You are confused.

The care is covered under the policy you nitwit. The cost of the policy includes the reimbursement for the care plus the risk of the pool plus the reimbursement to the company for the administration.

I can live with that. What I can't live with is some stupid uncaring bureaucrat, whose boss is some filthy ass corrupt politician, elected by special interest groups, trying to control my life in order to provide subsidies to the greedy welfare queens.

[Q

You're paying your health insurance company twice. Once for a policy, and again for care.

You are confused.

The care is covered under the policy you nitwit. The cost of the policy includes the reimbursement for the care plus the risk of the pool plus the reimbursement to the company for the administration.

I can live with that. What I can't live with is some stupid uncaring bureaucrat, whose boss is some filthy ass corrupt politician, elected by special interest groups, trying to control my life in order to provide subsidies to the greedy welfare queens.

What a stupid remark. You rely on stereotypes. There are many people who receive Obamacare who are working and not making enough to buy insurance. Helping people is not a dirty word.

[Q

What a stupid remark. You rely on stereotypes. There are many people who receive Obamacare who are working and not making enough to buy insurance. Helping people is not a dirty word.

You are confused

Over 80% of the people receiving the Obamacare policies are getting the friggin subsidies. That is welfare you nitwit. Getting somebody else to pay their bills. Despicable, isn't it?

The 20% that don't get the subsidies are burdened with high premiums, co payments and deductibles.

Obamacare sucks and a single player plan would be worse. The last thing we need is the fucking government being in charge of our health care.

couple of questions:

1. How do you receive your health care today? i.e. through company sponsored plans?

2. What, in you opinion is the alternative?
a. covering the poor with Medicaid and have those self-employed or just out of work paying huge sums of money?
b. every man for themselves?
c. go back to what we had with some improvements?
d. would you just repeal Obamacare and let those with pre-existing condition go without?
For one, making it illegal to connect healthcare benefits with your job.

That practice rose out of wage controls and has corrupted the ability of people to purchase insurance coverage on their own. It only makes sense for insurance companies to drive people to employers where the person using the care is not the one represented by the insurance company.
So you see the sense in a system like Medicare where the person is responsible for their own health care? Where everyone would be on the same playing field? Where everyone, required or not, would be able to get insurance regardless of employment?
Not really. Medicare does not make a person responsible for their own healthcare - it removes any responsibility altogether.

The answer is not getting government to control healthcare, it is to create a situation where you can control it yourself.

If the republicans and Trump were smart, and we've seen that they're not, they would have improved Obamacare, the only working healthcare plan on the books.
But they painted themselves into a corner with the repeal and replace nonsense and it was a collossal failure.
Trump and the GOP owns healthcare and it's up to them now to work with democrats, ya know the party that gets things done, to provide a viable HC bill that won't knock 22 million off the rolls or be a big tax break for the rich.
This is going to kill Trump and the republicans b/c they're only happy when they're funneling money to the very people that don't need it and the Dems won't let them do it.

How does the GOP "own" healthcare when Obamacare was passed solely by Dims? What idiotic nonsense put out by the fake news media. No one but an idiot believes that shit.

couple of questions:

1. How do you receive your health care today? i.e. through company sponsored plans?

2. What, in you opinion is the alternative?
a. covering the poor with Medicaid and have those self-employed or just out of work paying huge sums of money?
b. every man for themselves?
c. go back to what we had with some improvements?
d. would you just repeal Obamacare and let those with pre-existing condition go without?
For one, making it illegal to connect healthcare benefits with your job.

That practice rose out of wage controls and has corrupted the ability of people to purchase insurance coverage on their own. It only makes sense for insurance companies to drive people to employers where the person using the care is not the one represented by the insurance company.
So you see the sense in a system like Medicare where the person is responsible for their own health care? Where everyone would be on the same playing field? Where everyone, required or not, would be able to get insurance regardless of employment?
Not really. Medicare does not make a person responsible for their own healthcare - it removes any responsibility altogether.

The answer is not getting government to control healthcare, it is to create a situation where you can control it yourself.
Here is how it works. With Medicare you can go anywhere in the country you wish that accepts Medicare. With most private insurances you need to stay in network or pay large sums of money. Which has more freedom? With the system we have today your choice, usually through your employer, is one plan with different options, what freedom is that?

So, assuming everyone needs healthcare insurance, and most people do whether they admit it or not. Why not have a system that is universal that would allow for picking the cheapest plan, 80/20 and then if a person wants they can add advantage plans or supplements. The added advantage is if your job is replaced by a robot and you find yourself in search of work your health care insurance goes with you. Again, freedom. Does that mean everyone will be happy, of course not that never happens. But considering 80 percent receive health care through their employer I can not see how they would be unhappy.

[Q

You are confused.

Do you pay the full ride for your healthcare insurance? Right now using the exchanges to buy insurance one person gets a bad plan for about 450/month, if they are lucky. Do you pay anywhere near that amount? If not then are you not living off of someone else's money?

How does the GOP "own" healthcare when Obamacare was passed solely by Dims? What idiotic nonsense put out by the fake news media. No one but an idiot believes that shit.
It is the GOP's healthcare because they apparently bought the broken down POS and now have to fix it.

[Q

You are confused.

Do you pay the full ride for your healthcare insurance? Right now using the exchanges to buy insurance one person gets a bad plan for about 450/month, if they are lucky. Do you pay anywhere near that amount? If not then are you not living off of someone else's money?

You are confused about this. You can't be an advocate of guilty government interference in the market and then complain about the cost or brag about the cost not being so high because of government subsidies.

I have private heath insurance. It would be cheaper if it didn't have the fucking government setting requirements for the policies. I am paying for shit I don't need. That the kind of crap you get with government interference in the market.

I am also having to pay for the welfare scam of preexisting conditions and all that other crap included in the ACA..

Obamacare was a disaster. Single payer will be even worse.

[Q

You are confused.

But the 90%+/- of all things medical, the insurance company owns.

You'd rather pay 10's of billions for the uninsured?

[Q

You are confused.

Another consideration; How many small businesses rely on ACA to provide insurance?

[Q

You are confused.

It's interesting that you can live with a health insurance company that profits from all aspects of medical care that sets it's own prices which dramatically lowers or eliminates risk.

Forum List

Back